+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathroom Refurbishment

International

Re: Bathroom Refurbishment

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A 240v sds hammer drill will do it. Just buy a few extra chisel bits as they snap at the stem when they heat up.
    Might struggle with 240 V though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    DC Blue wants to hope that the tilers did a shit job of sealing the wall before they tiled or that the tiles are on a cement board, otherwise that drywall will be a f ucked wall.
    the US DIY home renovations programs I used to watch ( 2 brothers / twins present one of them ) seem to imply that the " code " states that all bathroom boards need to be 1/2" Cement board ( with 1/2" OSB backing board )

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Might struggle with 240 V though.
    Equivalent of Snaggs

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the US DIY home renovations programs I used to watch ( 2 brothers / twins present one of them ) seem to imply that the " code " states that all bathroom boards need to be 1/2" Cement board ( with 1/2" OSB backing board )
    He may have a chance then!

I dug into cement board big time.
    Like a webbing with crumbled concrete behind it.
    I was a bit concerned at first but my Mate who's making sure I don't fcuk everything up says we are replacing it anyway.

About another 60sq ft to do on the walls.
    Tub out tomorrow.
    Thinking of grinding it into thirds/quarters for removal.

I'm trying to get a bathroom gut reno. It went from $6,000 to blokes just quoting $20,000 over the phone without even looking. For a 6 x 8' room. I've had about $5,000 of drywall, backing board, bath, sink, tiles etc sitting in my garage for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm trying to get a bathroom gut reno. It went from $6,000 to blokes just quoting $20,000 over the phone without even looking. For a 6 x 8' room. I've had about $5,000 of drywall, backing board, bath, sink, tiles etc sitting in my garage for over a year.
    I remember you saying.
    We were in the same boat, had a guy lined up was going to be around 20k for two bathrooms
    We agreed in principle but we had to keep chasing for a start date and he wasn't very collaborative.

So finally after a conversation with a Mate and a bunch of free slate from him, we decided to start.

Back on it after the City game finishes.