+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Germany v Austria

Germany v Austria

Amazing they have been able to squeeze this game in between lauding England's brilliant result last night .
    Brilliant , fantastic, unbelievable , amazing tactically superb. Oh they are in the final now ... another 10 minutes and it will be how many they will win by.
    So amusing . I wouldn't mind them winning but the reporting is shocking.

Re: Germany v Austria

What the atmosphere like Mike?

shocking 2nd goal, its been coming, it looks great playing short goal kicks and passing around your pen box, but its risky

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Amazing they have been able to squeeze this game in between lauding England's brilliant result last night . Brilliant , fantastic, unbelievable , amazing tactically superb. Oh they are in the final now ... another 10 minutes and it will be how many they will win by. So amusing . I wouldn't mind them winning but the reporting is shocking.
    I guess they’re simply excited about their team being in the semi-finals of a major tournament - something Scotland can only dream about.

Amazing they have been able to squeeze this game in between lauding England's brilliant result last night .
    Brilliant , fantastic, unbelievable , amazing tactically superb. Oh they are in the final now ... another 10 minutes and it will be how many they will win by.
    So amusing . I wouldn't mind them winning but the reporting is shocking.
    It's spoiled the tournament for me. I can't listen to it and as audio is a big part of the overall experience when watching on TV, I stopped watching even the non-England matches. I'm really pleased for the women's game and have taken a keen interest for a number of years (seen quite a few Wales matches, CCFC including a Taffs Well fixture, so I've earned my stripes!). It's not only the English nationalism that irritates (I've come to expect that), it's just sh*t footballing analyses and commentary I can't take.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I guess they’re simply excited about their team being in the semi-finals of a major tournament - something Scotland can only dream about.
    That's low....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    F uck off .
    Actually getting into the tournament is something Scotland can only dream about.
    I did say I hope the do well ..

Actually getting into the tournament is something Scotland can only dream about.
    I was going to say as much, but I thought it might be a step too far.

What the atmosphere like Mike?
    A bit tacky, clappers and Mexican waves but watching close up it was a fiercely competitive game of football and throughly enjoyable. I thought Germany looked strongest early on but fair play to Austria they deserved something for their effort but both goals were down to poor clearances from the keeper.

Being in the ground and not watching on TV meant I missed all the England hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    A bit tacky, clappers and Mexican waves but watching close up it was a fiercely competitive game of football and throughly enjoyable. I thought Germany looked strongest early on but fair play to Austria they deserved something for their effort but both goals were down to poor clearances from the keeper.

Being in the ground and not watching on TV meant I missed all the England hype.
    Atmosphere sounded excellent . A bit girly high pitched , but that just some blokes for you ...
    Top game . Unfortunately for Germany England have already won it ..
    Of course Germany like to rewrite the history books .
    I am going to have a couple of shekels on the Germans . They should win it.

Put it this way the England lionesses are in with a better chance of winning a major tournament than the lions ! 🦁

Soppy ponces

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Put it this way the England lionesses are in with a better chance of winning a major tournament than the lions ! ��

Soppy ponces
    They could replace them ...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    shocking 2nd goal, its been coming, it looks great playing short goal kicks and passing around your pen box, but its risky
    ..it doesn't look good..it's boring

They could replace them ...
    They all have the same haircut those lionesses

Has anyone else noticed ?

It's odd

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..it doesn't look good..it's boring
    personal taste I guess, some like a long ball smacked into the other teams 12 yd box, some like to see some nice tidy passing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They all have the same haircut those lionesses

Has anyone else noticed ?

It's odd
    That starting 11 team photo in the The Guardian today looked creepy. Remember that film The Boys From Brazil?. It reminded me of that, but with blonde girls obviously, and England.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    personal taste I guess, some like a long ball smacked into the other teams 12 yd box, some like to see some nice tidy passing
    You don't say...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That starting 11 team photo in the The Guardian today looked creepy. Remember that film The Boys From Brazil?. It reminded me of that, but with blonde girls obviously, and England.
    They are all very blue eyed and tuetonic

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    white women are creepy?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    white women are creepy?
    As in 11 white women, blonde , same haircuts , blue eyes

1930s Germany