+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWINDON TOWN 2 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SWINDON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Our bloody throw ins.

Yeessssssss

Decent start by City. Watters pops up again.

2-0 Rinomhota

Promotion incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m a bit surprised at the centreback pairing, but in a positive way and I been a little underwhelmed by Romeo so far. I don’t think there’s much between the two left backs, but I can understand the preference for Collins.
    No surprise it’s the forwards that concern me most, I’think Watters could make a Championship standard striker and I’m not as critical of Harris as some, but it’s the lack of depth that is concerning, especially with no sign of Colwill and Davies returning at the moment.
    So you wouldn't change any of the team then. Only 11 can play at any one time and this is the best team we could field in the circumstances.

A lot of people owe Max Watters an apology, was slagged off on Twitter and this forum hugely despite not getting a chance, it was borderline abuse. Eat your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    A lot of people owe Max Watters an apology, was slagged off on Twitter and this forum hugely despite not getting a chance, it was borderline abuse. Eat your words.
    I'm not so sure about that, plenty have said that they think he has something about him. Just didn't want him as the one and only main striking option.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, plenty have said that they think he has something about him. Just didn't want him as the one and only main striking option.
    Last couple of goals he’s just popped-up in the right place for relatively straight-forward finishes. Good habit for a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I didn't see anything from Ng last season to suggest that he's good enough defensively to play as one half of a centre-back partnership.
    NG is one if the best footballers in the squad, has a bit of pace, reads the game well and can pass the ball. Whats not to like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Go onto Twitter the day Watters was subbed off after 36 minutes and take a look. The majority of the fans who tweeted that day were dreadful to him I know this because I had abuse aimed at me, I was 100% in the minority that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Last couple of goals he’s just popped-up in the right place. Good habit for a striker.
    Yep more of that please

And just played a lovely through ball to Rinhomota who should have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    NG is one if the best footballers in the squad, has a bit of pace, reads the game well and can pass the ball. Whats not to like ?
    I genuinely feel that for The Championship he’s too lightweight. Just an opinion is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Go onto Twitter the day Watters was subbed off after 36 minutes and take a look. The majority of the fans who tweeted that day were dreadful to him I know this because I had abuse aimed at me, I was 100% in the minority that day.
    You’re correct but it was 99.9 % as I was with you. Never want to see that happen ever again.

Ojo looks so much better today.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Did you not read the post that you replied to?

I doubt that he's good enough defensively to play as one half of a centre-back partnership.

Watters is a striker who’ll be on fire with our manager keeping faith and setting the team up for him. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him this season.

3-0 Wintle

Watters with a brilliant assist!

Note to self: don’t get carried away.

We’re playing very well here mind.

I will be beyond pissed off if Wintle doesn't start vs. Norwich.

Please don't hand a starting place to Ralls automatically.

Lovely stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Note to self: don’t get carried away.

We’re playing very well here mind.
    Don't think the opposition are up to much mind, but that's partly because we've made life really difficult for them - we just didn't score goals like that third one last season.

Swindon are awful but we're doing what we need to do.

We'll know soon enough how good we really are!

Bring on Norwich

Really positive first half. So much more movement and inventiveness than we have been used to.

I expect little this season but if today is an expression of our principles and we stick to them; it'll be a whole lot more enjoyable.

Our kids are winning at half time too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think the opposition are up to much mind, but that's partly because we've made life really difficult for them - we just didn't score goals like that third one last season.
    I know, it’s just nice to see some creativity. Really enjoyed that 1st-half. Swindon look dire tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Really positive first half. So much more movement and inventiveness than we have been used to.

I expect little this season but if today is an expression of our principles and we stick to them; it'll be a whole lot more enjoyable.

Our kids are winning at half time too
    10000% this.