+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWINDON TOWN 2 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SWINDON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Some lovely interplay.
    Good to see Watters taking his goal with authority and also a nice assist for Wintles goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You’re correct but it was 99.9 % as I was with you. Never want to see that happen ever again.
    I just couldn't understand this, the lad has scored wherever he's been and has barely had a chance. He had his confidence destroyed that night and the fans piled in on him 'weak mentality' they said. 80% of the big fan accounts on Twitter including The Canton End absolutely slagged him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I just couldn't understand this, the lad has scored wherever he's been and has barely had a chance. He had his confidence destroyed that night and the fans piled in on him 'weak mentality' they said. 80% of the big fan accounts on Twitter including The Canton End absolutely slagged him off.
    That's strange. The Canton End is one of the more optimistic accounts on there and is currently in love with all things Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Last couple of goals he’s just popped-up in the right place for relatively straight-forward finishes. Good habit for a striker.
    I, and many others, have said he is a natural striker. This season maybe he will have the chances from a far better midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    That's strange. The Canton End is one of the more optimistic accounts on there and is currently in love with all things Watters.

Yeah he's completely changed his mind this pre season, he had a group chat with like 100 fans in and massively slagged Watters off repeatedly. I ended up leaving the group because of it.

Watters doing what hes proved he can do. Score goals against L2 teams. Add in hes playing with a Championship side against L2 opposition then its not suprising hes scoring.

Doing it at Championship level is another matter. Lets hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Yeah he's completely changed his mind this pre season, he had a group chat with like 100 fans in and massively slagged Watters off repeatedly. I ended up leaving the group because of it.
    I know what you mean! I usually avoid here like the plague after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Watters doing what hes proved he can do. Score goals against L2 teams. Add in hes playing with a Championship side against L2 opposition then its not suprising hes scoring.

Doing it at Championship level is another matter. Lets hope he proves the doubters wrong.
    Can’t argue with that. I think that’s going to apply to this whole setup but it’ll take time and balls of steel from our manager.

**** me, talk about knee jerk! The season hasn't even started yet, give watters 40 games at championship level, not a ****ing friendly in Wiltshire.

3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    **** me, talk about knee jerk! The season hasn't even started yet, give watters 40 games at championship level, not a ****ing friendly in Wiltshire.
    He can only score against what's in front of him, the facts are he's barely had a chance with us yet and is still getting slaggedo off.

4-1

Ojo

Said Mr f*cking motivator! I’m not signing for your team! 🤣😝

40 games??? Don’t talk shite, it’ll be about 20 if he keeps this up, he’ll be gone in January.

He can only score against what's in front of him, the facts are he's barely had a chance with us yet and is still getting slaggedo off.
    Yeah, state the obvious. Who is slagging him off?

And he’s got 1 goal in the Championship. Let’s ease up a little bit. He’s scored and played well but Swindon have been abysmal. We still need a striker, and if Watters keeps him out on merit, great

4-2

Not sure how they score there. One Swindon player surrounded by four of us.

Yeah, state the obvious. Who is slagging him off?
    About 80% of Cardiff fans on Twitter since January.

2 sloppy goals

Let's not get carried away, we should be beating these sides

4-2 FT

Sloppy goals to concede. But the progress is there. Bring on Norwich

Shame about the sloppy defending. Encouraging signs otherwise. We’ve looked far worse against similar standard teams in previous pre-seasons. We’ll know more next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And he’s got 1 goal in the Championship. Let’s ease up a little bit. He’s scored and played well but Swindon have been abysmal. We still need a striker, and if Watters keeps him out on merit, great
    But how many minutes has he played? He's never had a sustained run, gets played 30 minutes here and there. Not many players can thrive under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Including you by the sound of it.

Great to see Watters getting some goals, I thought he might be moved on but I think he has a place in the squad now. I still expect 2 strikers though.

Re: FT: SWINDON TOWN 2 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Some people just can not bring themselves to say anything positive or encouraging about City, no matter what. They nit pick their way through pre season, writing us off at every turn and denigrating players right, left and centre, as if they know or could do better. Their glass half full, negative attitude is just so ingrained they cant do anything about it. They take all the enjoyment out of it for themselves and everybody else.