+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWINDON TOWN 2 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWINDON TOWN 2 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    But how many minutes has he played? He's never had a sustained run, gets played 30 minutes here and there. Not many players can thrive under those conditions.
    Well we might be about to find out how he does but it’s a massive gamble if it’s him and Harris. Watters has looked miles off the pace when he played in the Champ previously, and he barely got a kick after the Coventry game so Morison didn’t rate him very highly

Re: SWINDON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

But how many minutes has he played? He's never had a sustained run, gets played 30 minutes here and there. Not many players can thrive under those conditions.
    In fact, Max Watters has started six Championship games for City:

20/01/21 v QPR - subbed after 55 minutes
    30/01/22 v Nottingham Forest - subbed after 57 minutes
    02/02/22 v Barnsley - subbed after 56 minutes
    15/02/22 v Coventry City - subbed after 37 minutes
    23/04/22 v Sheffield Utd - subbed after 66 minutes
    27/04/22 v Middlesbrough - subbed after 63 minutes

In the games that Watters has started, City have only scored one goal while he's been on the pitch - Jordan Hugill's 6th-minute strike against Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Some people just can not bring themselves to say anything positive or encouraging about City, no matter what. They nit pick their way through pre season, writing us off at every turn and denigrating players right, left and centre, as if they know or could do better. Their glass half full, negative attitude is just so ingrained they cant do anything about it. They take all the enjoyment out of it for themselves and everybody else.
    Bloody shocking goal to concede that second one - Morison out!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Morrison in 😂

Their glass half full, negative attitude is just so ingrained they cant do anything about it. They take all the enjoyment out of it for themselves and everybody else.
    Sounds like your attitude to this message board.

Including you by the sound of it.
    Yes. I definitely have doubts whether he is up to Championship standard.

If we go into next week with no new striker id be picking Harris.

Some people just can not bring themselves to say anything positive or encouraging about City, no matter what. They nit pick their way through pre season, writing us off at every turn and denigrating players right, left and centre, as if they know or could do better. Their glass half full, negative attitude is just so ingrained they cant do anything about it. They take all the enjoyment out of it for themselves and everybody else.
    You have to be extremely thin-skinned if you think that negative posters affect the enjoyment of everyone else. It's their prerogative to voice their opinions, whether they be negative or occasionally positive, so just ride above it and it'll cause you less pain.

😂😂😂

any updates from the Hereford game?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    You have to be extremely thin-skinned if you think that negative posters affect the enjoyment of everyone else. It's their prerogative to voice their opinions, whether they be negative or occasionally positive, so just ride above it and it'll cause you less pain.
    ^^^^^ This
    This board has zero influence but if City lose I’m a nightmare to be around for the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    any updates from the Hereford game?
    It's tomorrow isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes. I definitely have doubts whether he is up to Championship standard.

If we go into next week with no new striker id be picking Harris.
    Let’s be honest Hilts, we have to say that about this whole possible starting 11 this season. It’s a shame our first outing is against Norwich. 20K at the CCS will help. We need to do our bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Let’s be honest Hilts, we have to say that about this whole possible starting 11 this season. It’s a shame our first outing is against Norwich. 20K at the CCS will help. We need to do our bit.
    Agree. Tough start as well.

But how many minutes has he played?
    You piqued my curiosity.

Thus far, excluding additional time, Watters has played 418 minutes for City at Championship level. 6 starts, 5 sub appearances. 1 goal scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree. Tough start as well.
    Yes, Norwich will hammer us.
    We will have far easier games the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's tomorrow isn't it?
    that would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Tanner over O'Dowda if 100% fit.
    O'Dowda has got Championship experience. Tanner has come from the Isthmian League. His time will come, but I doubt he will start ahead of O'Dowda .

I’m a bit surprised at the centreback pairing, but in a positive way and I been a little underwhelmed by Romeo so far. I don’t think there’s much between the two left backs, but I can understand the preference for Collins.
    No surprise it’s the forwards that concern me most, I’think Watters could make a Championship standard striker and I’m not as critical of Harris as some, but it’s the lack of depth that is concerning, especially with no sign of Colwill and Davies returning at the moment.
    After a poor show at Cheltenham, Romeo had a much better match today.

Some people just cannot bring themselves to read posts properly. They completely fail to see that most fans understandably have concerns about a new squad of largely unknown of players cobbled together for next to nothing, but that those same fans equally hope that it all comes together and that the team is successful. They also ignore the facts and the associated risks (see above) and chose to call anyone who disagrees with them ‘negative’. As if endless ‘positivity’ will make everything OK. The words context, perspective, objectivity and balance don’t appear to exist in their vocabulary.

Deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, Norwich will hammer us.
    We will have far easier games the coming season.
    Norwich wont hammer us what evidence have you got for that ??

I think Morison will be cautiousness frustrate them and try hit them, on the break with the pace we do have , a lot of sides who come down , take an age to familiarises themselves to the league ,pressure wil be more in them than us , and Morison is a war house in this league and knows the league inside out .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    O'Dowda has got Championship experience. Tanner has come from the Isthmian League. His time will come, but I doubt he will start ahead of O'Dowda .
    No you’re right. I get carried away with the dribbling and flair sometimes, which Tanner has plenty of. Glad to see a much better performance from Ojo today. With another winger possibly coming in, we may be looking good in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think Tanner will come good this season and be one of our fighter moments

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Some people just cannot bring themselves to read posts properly. They completely fail to see that most fans understandably have concerns about a new squad of largely unknown of players cobbled together for next to nothing, but that those same fans equally hope that it all comes together and that the team is successful. They also ignore the facts and the associated risks (see above) and chose to call anyone who disagrees with them ‘negative’. As if endless ‘positivity’ will make everything OK. The words context, perspective, objectivity and balance don’t appear to exist in their vocabulary.

Deluded.
    Come on Bobby be gentle with David, he hasn't the mental capacity of most

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    After a poor show at Cheltenham, Romeo had a much better match today.
    I say the same in my blog piece.

Weekly review 24 July 2022.

Four wins and a draw from City's five pre season matches.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/