+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uche Ikpeazu

Uche Ikpeazu

Uche is not wanted by Wilder at Middlesborough and is not featuring in pre-season. Boro haven't been able to move him on (yet) for a fee, and may well end up like in January where they have to agree a loan to offset some of the wages.

Would anyone want him back here?

He scored 3 goals in 13 (but only 1 as a starter). He is strong, mobile and fairly quick. He presses well and he occupies defenders - creating space for other players. True his touch and finishing are a mixed bag, but maybe what he offers is better suited to this Cardiff City team than the one he joined on loan?

I just have this feeling we may see him again, at the end of the window and as a bench option (remember 5 subs this season), not as a first choice striker. If that happened I would be more than OK with that. I like Uche.

Re: Uche Ikpeazu

No

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    No
    Seconded

if it's to shake things up at the end of a game then he does have something to offer

Yes , good squad player

He is a centre forward and plays with his back to goal too much so it would require the rest of the team getting beyond him to score

I don’t see the team doing this so i’m not so sure, but I wouldn’t be against it

We've already got some strikers ready for the bench - it's a goal scoring starter or 2 we need.

Morison barely used him towards the end of the season which suggests he’d decided Ikpeazu wasn’t what was needed and, based on what we’ve seen so far, that would appear to apply even more this season - I reckon it’ll be a sign of desperation if Ikpeazu ends up here again.

Not for me.

We can do much better … but will we?

I think he's crap, but beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Uche is not wanted by Wilder at Middlesborough and is not featuring in pre-season. Boro haven't been able to move him on (yet) for a fee, and may well end up like in January where they have to agree a loan to offset some of the wages.

Would anyone want him back here?

He scored 3 goals in 13 (but only 1 as a starter). He is strong, mobile and fairly quick. He presses well and he occupies defenders - creating space for other players. True his touch and finishing are a mixed bag, but maybe what he offers is better suited to this Cardiff City team than the one he joined on loan?

I just have this feeling we may see him again, at the end of the window and as a bench option (remember 5 subs this season), not as a first choice striker. If that happened I would be more than OK with that. I like Uche.
    Jon, i consider you the best poster on here, i really enjoy your political and football stuff, it's excellent in my opinion. I may have to reconsider though if you make anymore posts like the one above

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Morison barely used him towards the end of the season which suggests he’d decided Ikpeazu wasn’t what was needed and, based on what we’ve seen so far, that would appear to apply even more this season - I reckon it’ll be a sign of desperation if Ikpeazu ends up here again.
    He can't play, he's one of those default players, like NML, there's a few of them about. It's not a bad position to be in though, when your body shape, physical attributes, unpredictability, and not even knowing your self what is going to happen with the ball, serves you up a well paid professional career. He scored one of the greatest goals i have ever seen, at Barnsley, when he decided to pick up and carry the two Barnsley defenders into the net, rather than just hold them off like normal footballers. His Ayatollah was very neat and symetric as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jon, i consider you the best poster on here, i really enjoy your political and football stuff, it's excellent in my opinion. I may have to reconsider though if you make anymore posts like the one above
    In fairness, this hot weather has got to a lot of us lately

Like him or not he did score some very vital goals for us. He is a very frustrating player but can score big goals, I'd have him as a squad player.

He’s one of the worst technically gifted players I have ever seen and that’s with Eddie included

He can't play, he's one of those default players, like NML, there's a few of them about. It's not a bad position to be in though, when your body shape, physical attributes, unpredictability, and not even knowing your self what is going to happen with the ball, serves you up a well paid professional career. He scored one of the greatest goals i have ever seen, at Barnsley, when he decided to pick up and carry the two Barnsley defenders into the net, rather than just hold them off like normal footballers. His Ayatollah was very neat and symetric as well
    Mayhem that night in Barnsley. Thoroughly enjoyable! Shows he can score and he got us three vital points. But, the fact he wasn't used much towards the end of the season suggests he might not have been the most popular in the dressing room plus his physicality didn't translate into many goals. Don't think Morisson would want him back.

Absolutely not

Fair enough. Although his goal at Barnsley remains one of my favourite goals ever. A thing of ugly beauty!

He's probably still doing the ayatollah in his Boro training sessions. Best grin in football!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fair enough. Although his goal at Barnsley remains one of my favourite goals ever. A thing of ugly beauty!

He's probably still doing the ayatollah in his Boro training sessions. Best grin in football!
    It's not your fault, things are desperate on the striker front. I wonder what Chopra is up to?

Definitely 100% no
    We need much better than this

It’s a no.

He filled a gap last season but that’s it..

No.

As a stand in for Bartley maybe, as has been mentioned, his ayatollah is a pleasure to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think he's crap, but beggars can't be choosers.
    This. Sort of.

He's not crap. He can finish and he's strong as an ox. He's not a starting 15-20 goal striker though.