+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling All CCMB To Beg Cyril Awaydays To Stay

Re: Calling All CCMB To Beg Cyril Awaydays To Stay

Let’s hope he has a break and returns, we could all do with stepping away from the mobile once in a while. Whether that’s Facebook, Instagram or CCMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Stood next to him at Swindon today.

And yes, he’s a good guy.

Also Pearcey, hope you are well. What are your thought on Rino. He’s been very good so far in ore season for us.

I’m well Tim. Hope you are fully recovered from covid.
    Yep Rino was a loss for us.Hard working, energetic, good tackler. Limited in terms of creativity but he is neat and tidy on the ball and won’t do anything stupid. A good, solid Championship player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    100% agreed. Some of the stuff Goslow has posted on here in the past has been vile. He should have been banned.
    There needs to be more than one mod on here.
    I hope Cyril reconsiders.
    Goslow was banned. A long time ago.

Good on him..if you say left is right on here you get about 10 bully boys telling you that you're an A-hole within 20 minutes. Personally i ignore them. For others it's not so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Good on him..if you say left is right on here you get about 10 bully boys telling you that you're an A-hole within 20 minutes. Personally i ignore them. For others it's not so easy.
    Fabulous post! You're right, sometimes it boils ones piss

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Fabulous post! You're right, sometimes it boils ones piss
    Can I ask that posters report messages that are obviously posted as wind ups or designed to antagonise. I know we are big boys and girls who should be able to ignore shit but it's waring and I think lot's are fed up of it now.

This is one of the most open and forgiving forums, others I use will ban you for posting an incorrect topic in the wrong sub forum. But we need to rid ourselves of those just looking to wind people up.

Ah c'mon boss. What else is there to do?

I see them as a bit of harmless leg pulling to kill the boredom tween seasons in readiness for the proper arguments.

Only a couple of weeks away now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Goslow was banned. A long time ago.
    5 years ago who would have thought back then what was ahead for us, the country locked down for months upon a time, would never have believed it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can I ask that posters report messages that are obviously posted as wind ups or designed to antagonise. I know we are big boys and girls who should be able to ignore shit but it's waring and I think lot's are fed up of it now.

This is one of the most open and forgiving forums, others I use will ban you for posting an incorrect topic in the wrong sub forum. But we need to rid ourselves of those just looking to wind people up.
    Yes I agree I will report such messages in future. I've ignored a lot but I think I was wrong to do so. I'm probably too forgiving lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I see them as a bit of harmless leg pulling to kill the boredom tween seasons in readiness for the proper arguments.

We bang on about “being kind” and “mental health” a lot and rightly so. I then see the same people (myself included) acting horribly on threads and pack mentality taking over.

It may seem harmless to you but to some it won’t be

The forum has taken a downward turn since the reappearance of Croesy Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Some of it is harmless leg pulling.

Some of it is persistent racist and misogynistic crap.

Then when they get a reaction those same posters have a habit of bleating that they are victims in some way.

It's getting worse. It's poison.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We bang on about “being kind” and “mental health” a lot and rightly so. I then see the same people (myself included) acting horribly on threads and pack mentality taking over.

It may seem harmless to you but to some it won’t be
    This is fair comment.
    Don't like the bandwagon jumping ganging up on people.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some of it is harmless leg pulling.

Some of it is persistent racist and misogynistic crap.

Then when they get a reaction those same posters have a habit of bleating that they are victims in some way.

It's getting worse. It's poison.

I’m well Tim. Hope you are fully recovered from covid.
    Yep Rino was a loss for us.Hard working, energetic, good tackler. Limited in terms of creativity but he is neat and tidy on the ball and won’t do anything stupid. A good, solid Championship player.
    Cheers Mike. Yeah, all back to normal for some time now.

From what I’ve seen I agree. Seems to cover a lot of ground easily and gets stuck in. He’s also hit a couple of decent shots which hints that he might score a few too. Ralls apart he looks head and shoulders over our box to box options in the last few seasons.

Cheers Mike. Yeah, all back to normal for some time now.

From what I’ve seen I agree. Seems to cover a lot of ground easily and gets stuck in. He’s also hit a couple of decent shots which hints that he might score a few too. Ralls apart he looks head and shoulders over our box to box options in the last few seasons.
    Rino scored an absolute peach for us v Norwich a few years ago. The perfect strike and it flew into the back of the net but that was very much the exception. He won’t score many for you.

I now only occasionally dip into the forum if there is a thread that catches my eye. When I do contribute I try to be constructive and never indulge in the sort of behaviour which apparently has now led to one of the major contributors quitting the CCMB. However I often find that what I contribute is drowned out by cross-sniping from the same half a dozen people, and which often leads to the original purpose of the thread becoming lost in a hail of venomous bullets. I still can't quite believe that apparently some people on the forum have multiple user names so they can argue with themselves or to wind up other folk.....wow!

Rino scored an absolute peach for us v Norwich a few years ago. The perfect strike and it flew into the back of the net but that was very much the exception. He won’t score many for you.
    Cheers Mike, who’ve you brought in ?
    Most have you down as struggling this season due to losing a few players and the FFP challenges.

Anyone to look out for in 2 weeks time ?

Cheers Mike, who’ve you brought in ?
    Most have you down as struggling this season due to losing a few players and the FFP challenges.

Anyone to look out for in 2 weeks time ?
    We seem to be bringing in a lot of big lads. Definite emphasis on physicality. A lad on loan from Forest called Tyrese Fornah. He is a decent CDM. Jeff Hendrick from Newcastle. A bit cumbersome but he will be ok at this level. Sam Hutchinson from Sheffield Wed. Good, strong tackler and will be important to us if he stays fit. Shane Long has returned as has Tom Ince. A couple of so so keepers.
    Likely to sign Mamouda Loum and Nabi Sarr next week who fit the physical mould of players being brought in.

So no stand out but that wasn’t going to happen. Think we will draw a lot more games this season and concede less but probably win and score less too.

Politics in the politics forum. Makes sense to me. Not sure why so much of it remains on the front page, there shouldn’t be any leeway. If it’s political discuss it in a place people want to discuss their political opinions.

I get the off season is light on football topics but there’s still enough non political threads to populate the front page and have a decent discussion.

We seem to be bringing in a lot of big lads. Definite emphasis on physicality. A lad on loan from Forest called Tyrese Fornah. He is a decent CDM. Jeff Hendrick from Newcastle. A bit cumbersome but he will be ok at this level. Sam Hutchinson from Sheffield Wed. Good, strong tackler and will be important to us if he stays fit. Shane Long has returned as has Tom Ince. A couple of so so keepers.
    Likely to sign Mamouda Loum and Nabi Sarr next week who fit the physical mould of players being brought in.

So no stand out but that wasn’t going to happen. Think we will draw a lot more games this season and concede less but probably win and score less too.
    Sarr is an interesting one. Always seemed to be really highly rated, but then play awful against us.

Going physical might not be a bad option if you are going to be fighting at the wrong end of the table

Sarr is an interesting one. Always seemed to be really highly rated, but then play awful against us.

Going physical might not be a bad option if you are going to be fighting at the wrong end of the table
    Yep I think so. It is going to be a slog but we do at least seem to have a plan this season. Think we will avoid relegation and that will be seen as a success.