+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Max Watters

Max Watters

Has looked really good in pre season , has to start against Norwich and given a run in the side.
    Positive vibes from Morison about his recent form must be great for his confidence.

Re: Max Watters

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Has looked really good in pre season , has to start against Norwich and given a run in the side.
    Positive vibes from Morison about his recent form must be great for his confidence.
    I hope your right.

How many pre-season games have you been to.?

What are the obvious improvements.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I hope your right.

How many pre-season games have you been to.?

What are they obvious improvements.?
    Only one , but have used the club media platforms and read local newspaper reports.

He’s making chances and getting in good positions , I hope he does well and replicates the form he showed at MK

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Only one , but have used the club media platforms and read local newspaper reports.

He’s making chances and getting in good positions , I hope he does well and replicates the form he showed at MK
    👍 Lets hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    �� Lets hope so.
    Oh, two pre season games, forgot the Newport one

I don’t mind him, he’s a decent finisher but not sure he does enough off the ball to play up top on his own at this level. I’d be surprised if another striker isn’t in by Norwich game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t mind him, he’s a decent finisher but not sure he does enough off the ball to play up top on his own at this level. I’d be surprised if another striker isn’t in by Norwich game.
    Morison says in his post match that the bits he wants to do are out of his hands - I assume offers have been made waiting on players to agree or over to the board to do the deals - doesn't sound too close?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Morison says in his post match that the bits he wants to do are out of his hands - I assume offers have been made waiting on players to agree or over to the board to do the deals - doesn't sound too close?
    I took that to mean we are waiting on Premiership loan moves (possibly permanents for fringe players) and it is a waiting game for the clubs to confirm they are willing to let their players come. Not the sort of comment that applies to free agents.

He’s going to look good. The games are less pressured.

His movement, striking and finding space has always looked pretty good. It was pressing and helping out the defence that was the issue and if he fails to do that again then back into the reserves he’ll go

I don't think anyone can hold a candle to Wax Melter ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Interesting, now like him to wait around. Obviously knows he has to get the striker position right. I don’t see Watters leading the line this season though. Maybe a chance got Norwich then.

Best game I’ve seen him have in a Cardiff shirt today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Best game I’ve seen him have in a Cardiff shirt today.
    His movement and link up play has been excellent in the 3 friendlies I’ve seen live ( plus Cheltenham on TV) and his finishing is quality too- another lovely clean strike today.

We can’t expect him to do this week in week out at Championship level though.

Harris isn’t a bad player, but I can’t see him scoring loads and Davies although promising is pretty raw yet ( and injured)

Crole looked very good against Newport & I’d be looking to get him some senior football either here or on loan now.

But we certainly need an experienced centre forward in to supplement these kids.

It’s his shirt to lose. Hopefully get someone in to fight for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It’s his shirt to lose. Hopefully get someone in to fight for him.
    The only place he's likely to lose his shirt is in the laundry room. There's nobody else to take it