Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Saturday 30th July, ko 3:00pm.

Match officials.

Referee: Tim Robinson
    Assistant Referee: Andrew Fox
    Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
    Fourth Official: Josh Smith

The first game of the 2022 / 23 season. The line up at Swindon on Saturday probably a great clue as to the likely line up at CCS next weekend.

The Championship season starts with Huddersfield v Burnley on Friday, ko 8pm.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Match officials to follow.

The first game of the 2022 / 23 season. The line up at Swindon on Saturday probably a great clue as to the likely line up at CCS next weekend.

Very early start to the season.
    Come on you Bluebirds!

Match officials to follow.

Two of our promotion rivals !

Going to be a very long week. Feels like Christmas as a kid and I can't bloody wait

Even a draw here would be lovely.

Looks like the Canton's pretty much sold out for this one, no availability in 104, 105, 106 or 107. Hopefully there'll be a good crowd

Cardiff City v Norwich has been selected for international broadcast this weekend.

The ITV highlights show on Saturday are giving it main billing so it might be the first / main highlights game.

Cardiff City v Norwich has been selected for international broadcast this weekend.

The ITV highlights show on Saturday are giving it main billing so it might be the first / main highlights game.
    What does this mean Mike?

Nobody has bought the rights to EFL football where I am yet. They usually wait a few months and get it on the cheap.

This better be on Cardiff City TV for me or I'll be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    What does this mean Mike?.
    Honestly I don't really know. I did delete a couple of posts as I was unsure about the details I was posting. But this info tries to explain. It seems that certain countries are not allowed to broadcast live games when matches chosen for international broadcast.

Norwich City say about Saturday's game

Norwich City’s opening Sky Bet Championship game against Cardiff City has been selected for international broadcast and WILL NOT be available to watch live on Canaries TV in the UK.

The game kicks off at 3pm on Saturday, July 30, at the Cardiff City Stadium.

As part of the EFL’s central agreement, a live video stream of the game will only be available on Canaries TV for supporters in the following regions:

Afghanistan

American Samoa

Andorra

Bangladesh

Belgium

Bhutan

Brunei

Cambodia

China

Christmas Island

Cocos Islands

Cook Islands

East Timor

Falkland Islands

Faroe Islands

Federated States of Micronesia

Fiji

French Polynesia

Gibraltar

Guam

India

Indonesia

Kiribati

Laos

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Macau

Maldives

Malta

Marshall Islands

Monaco

Mongolia

Myanmar

Nauru

Nepal

New Caledonia

Niue

Norfolk Islands

North Korea

Northern Mariana Islands

Pakistan

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Philippines

Pitcairn Islands

Portugal

Puerto Rico

Samoa

Solomon Islands

South Tyrol

Sri Lanka

St Pierre & Miquelon

Tahiti

Taiwan

Thailand

Tokelau

Tonga

Tuvalu

US Virgin Islands

Vanuatu

Vietnam

Wallis & Futuna

Western Samoa

Live audio commentary from the team at BBC Radio Norfolk will be available on Canaries TV for every Championship fixture.

Here are the full website articles from Norwich and Cardiff explaining how their TV passes work:

CARDIFF CITY

With the 2022/23 Sky Bet Championship season kicking off this weekend, read up on Cardiff City TV's coverage for the upcoming campaign...

International Streaming

This season, Cardiff City TV's International Season Pass returns, and is currently available for its Early Bird price of only £140! Monthly Passes are also available for £25 per month.

International Pass holders may be able to watch every Sky Bet Championship fixture throughout the 2022/23 season, including Cardiff City TV's full pre-match show, interviews, previews, highlights and more!*

*Fixtures selected for television broadcast may not be available in your location, with audio commentary provided as an alternative. However, due to a change in EFL streaming policy, those living outside of Core International Countries (listed below), will have access to the following:

ALL matches originally scheduled for midweek will now be available to watch internationally outside of the listed territories, regardless of television broadcast selection.
    ALL Sky Bet Championship weekend fixtures selected for television broadcast may still be watched outside of the listed Core territories, if your local provider has opted not to broadcast.

These updated terms mean that supporters tuning in internationally will now have more access than ever before to watching the Bluebirds play remotely!

Please note that City's campaign opener against Norwich City on Saturday, July 30th has been selected for international coverage, meaning that Cardiff City TV will be only broadcasting via Audio in some regions.

Domestic Streaming

Cardiff City TV will continue to offer live audio coverage domestically throughout the 2022/23 season! Audio Monthly Passes are now available for only £5 per month, with an Audio Pass for the entirety of the 2022/23 season is now available to purchase for £45!

Audio Passes for individual matches will be available for £2.50 per match!

When available, Cardiff City TV matches that are broadcast via video domestically will be available to supporters for only £10 per match!

Updates on the availability of Cardiff City TV's video coverage shall be given by the EFL on a match-by-match basis throughout the 2022/23 season!

Core International Countries

Middle East and North Africa (MENA): Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Chad, Djibouti, Somalia, Palestine.

USA.

France and French Territories (Andorra, Monaco, and The French Overseas Départments and territories which consist of Clipperton; Guadeloupe; Guyane Française; Madagascar; Martinique; Mauritius; Mayotte; Nouvelle-Calédonie; Polynésie-Française; La Réunion; Saint Barthélémy; Saint Martin; Saint-Pierre et Miquelon; Terres Australes et Antarctiques Françaises; and Wallis et Futuna).

Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland).

The Baltics (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania).

Poland.

Iceland.

The Netherlands.

Turkey.

NORWICH CITY

Norwich City can now confirm Canaries TV live video and audio streaming information for the 2022/23 season.

Following the launch of the club’s revamped digital website, canaries.co.uk, the existing EFL iFollow service has now been replaced by Canaries TV.

As well as exclusive non-live video content, Canaries TV will be the go-to place to watch Norwich City’s first team games LIVE.

Both monthly and seasonal live video streaming passes are now available for UK and international purchase, ensuring supporters don’t miss a kick of Norwich City first team action.

Supporters will also be able to purchase individual match passes on a game-by-game basis in due course.

Selected games will NOT be available to watch on Canaries TV. These games are those selected for broadcast, either domestically by Sky Sports in the UK, or by an international rightsholder. Live video streaming passes will not be available for these fixtures.

Live audio streaming will be available for all Norwich City first team fixtures.

Both video and audio live streams of Norwich City’s first team fixtures will feature commentary from the team at BBC Radio Norfolk.

To purchase either a live video or audio streaming pass supporters must register a OneCity account.

Packages are available on a monthly or seasonal basis for both UK and international fans.

UK customers

Fans can sign up right now to an audio-only subscription to listen to a selection of City’s Championship fixtures.

Monthly pass £5 Seasonal pass £50

There will also be a number of fixtures eligible for live video streaming. These will be priced at £10 per pass (a fixed fee set by the EFL) and will be placed on sale in the days leading up to the eligible fixture.

International customers

Overseas fans can sign up to a video subscription to watch all of City’s Championship fixtures, excluding games shown on Sky Sports in the UK (which is also passed to international broadcasters), and one Saturday 3pm fixture per round selected for overseas broadcast.

Monthly pass £25 Early bird Seasonal pass £140 Seasonal pass from Thursday, September 1 £170

All video streaming prices are a fixed fee set by the EFL.

ALL Sky Bet Championship weekend fixtures selected for television broadcast may still be watched outside of the listed Core territories, if your local provider has opted not to broadcast.

These updated terms mean that supporters tuning in internationally will now have more access than ever before to watching the Bluebirds play remotely!
    This sounds very positive, thanks Mike!

Morison press conference coming up.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-24607978

What does this mean Mike?

Nobody has bought the rights to EFL football where I am yet. They usually wait a few months and get it on the cheap.

This better be on Cardiff City TV for me or I'll be gutted.
    3.00pm Saturday games are not allowed to be televised live in the UK under EFL rules.

Morison mentions 3 players vying for the number 9 starting position and mentions Max and Mark as being fit. Does he really see Davies or Colwill in that position or is he referring to someone else at the club? It can't be Crole as he's also not injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Morison mentions 3 players vying for the number 9 starting position and mentions Max and Mark as being fit. Does he really see Davies or Colwill in that position or is he referring to someone else at the club? It can't be Crole as he's also not injured.
    I wondered about that too. I assume he means Isaak Davies as the third No9 candidate, but who knows. It wasn't clarified in the press conference.

I was fairly confident of a first game upset, until Prutton backed us for a win!

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ip-predictions

I can't make the game saturday, so it looks like a weekend in Sudan for me if i want to watch the game.

Is it time yet?

Is it time yet?
    just noticed your posting time. You'll be so knackered by tomorrow, you'll oversleep and miss KO!

Liz Truss claims to be a Norwich fan!

https://www.indy100.com/politics/liz...s-norwich-fans

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    3.00pm Saturday games are not allowed to be televised live in the UK under EFL rules.
    Suspect like many others including me he doesn’t live in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Wish he was 10/15 years younger.

For the Bluebirds overseas, EFL finally released all of the international broadcasters on their site. For me it's some Indonesian streaming service that I've never heard of but hey I'll take it!

Here's all the broadcasters:

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/tv-broadcast/

Match facts

• Cardiff City have lost six of their last eight league games against Norwich City (W2), losing both games the last time they faced them in the 2020-21 season.
    • Norwich have won three of their last four away league matches against Cardiff (L1), as many as in their previous 15 away matches against the Bluebirds.
    • Cardiff City have won their opening league match in just one of the last nine seasons (D4 L4), winning 1-0 away at Burton Albion in 2017-18 under Neil Warnock.
    • Norwich City have won their opening league game in just two of the last 19 seasons (D8 L9), winning in 2016-17 vs Blackburn and 2020-21 vs Huddersfield.
    • Dean Smith lost 67% of his league games in charge of Norwich last season in the Premier League (P27 L18) and has lost 67% of his league games against Cardiff City in his managerial career (P6 L4).

Team news https://mobile.twitter.com/CardiffCi...64877468631040
    Allsop; Romeo, Ng, Kipre, Collins; Wintle, Sawyers, Rinomhota; Ojo, Watters, O'Dowda

That’ll ****ing do COME ON CITY!!!!!