+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do with £195 mil?

Re: What would you do with £195 mil?

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I was fuming when I had all 6 numbers spread over 2 lines. The closest I'll ever come I'm sure.
    My nan once had all 6 numbers (same numbers she plays every week) and was the day all the machines went down

Notice how Sludge is keeping quiet on this thread. I reckon it was him that won the £195 million.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You'd be driving round in a Liz Truss campaign bus, thats the last Labour loving vote we'd get from you

After a decade of working in anti-poverty related roles I will never ever under any circumstance vote conservative.

anonymous for me

Ive always fancied a " homeless community " ( not giving them special attention, but the homeless ex service personnel imho are often let down badly ) not just where the homeless can get off the street but they can form a community with help, so some workshops / office space, classrooms to learn skills, be it office skills, trades etc et, spaces they can run business's etc

when they get a job, they can stick around if they want and pay rent on the flat / space they have or move on and get back on with life

I looked at various places many years ago with the idea, old office complexes etc etc, I once looked at a building that was a rather large call centre , it would have been ideal, the money need to convert it to 100 bedsit rooms with communal spaces and space above was fairly high, the council didnt want to help and we were warned the objections would be massive from locals

I'd love to have enough money to buy a old run down industrial estate and do it

of course they would need to stay drug free and not be antisocial with drinking, but they would get help with that

from a personal / selfish thing, buy the kids a house or 3 to rent out ( that will provide a little income for them for life ), small holiday home in Cornwall ( walking distance to a surfing beach ), house in Disneys golden oak community, clear a few mortgages for a few, spend a few months cruising on Disney and royal Caribbean ships, meeting random people and talking crap

Drugs, Prostitutes, ibiza, drugs, women, and i'd make sure the wife and kids are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    anonymous for me

Ive always fancied a " homeless community " ( not giving them special attention, but the homeless ex service personnel imho are often let down badly ) not just where the homeless can get off the street but they can form a community with help, so some workshops / office space, classrooms to learn skills, be it office skills, trades etc et, spaces they can run business's etc

when they get a job, they can stick around if they want and pay rent on the flat / space they have or move on and get back on with life

I looked at various places many years ago with the idea, old office complexes etc etc, I once looked at a building that was a rather large call centre , it would have been ideal, the money need to convert it to 100 bedsit rooms with communal spaces and space above was fairly high, the council didnt want to help and we were warned the objections would be massive from locals

I'd love to have enough money to buy a old run down industrial estate and do it

of course they would need to stay drug free and not be antisocial with drinking, but they would get help with that

from a personal / selfish thing, buy the kids a house or 3 to rent out ( that will provide a little income for them for life ), small holiday home in Cornwall ( walking distance to a surfing beach ), house in Disneys golden oak community, clear a few mortgages for a few, spend a few months cruising on Disney and royal Caribbean ships, meeting random people and talking crap
    Great cause mate. I hope you win one day just to do that.

This is a bit of a daft question, because with £195million, you could pretty much do whatever you want, and still have change to spare. For those who lie awake at night, dreaming of what they would do if they won, try reducing the total, and see how it affects your choices. What would you do with £1million, for example? Not so much available to waste there, particularly if you have kids. What about £100,000? Enough to retire, or maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    This is a bit of a daft question, because with £195million, you could pretty much do whatever you want, and still have change to spare. For those who lie awake at night, dreaming of what they would do if they won, try reducing the total, and see how it affects your choices. What would you do with £1million, for example? Not so much available to waste there, particularly if you have kids. What about £100,000? Enough to retire, or maybe not?
    I’m 42, I’d need at least a mil to even contemplate retiring I think.

Take care of my family then buy this web address and close it down.

I'd spend most on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I'd just squander.

Mega Millions is $810,000,000 tonight. I think I could buy the City with that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    A Million is a small amout these days, it would change your life a bit but not drastically at all.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m 42, I’d need at least a mil to even contemplate retiring I think.
    You'd need way more that, it could have to last 50 years!

A Million is a small amout these days, it would change your life a bit but not drastically at all.
    I think that depends entirely on what your current situation is!

A million quid would change most people’s lives dramatically. It’s certainly not a small amount.

I would spend a small proportion (maybe 2 or 3 mil) of the initial lump sum just to sort out family and friends in the short term.

I would invest the bulk and use the interest/profit to set up a long-term sustainable source of income so my family were always wealthy and good courses would continue to benefit over the long term.

It should be possible to see £10 million per year in interest from that sort of capital, you could live like a king, do loads for charity, ensure your great (great, great, great) grandkids were looked after and spend hardly a penny of the initial winnings.

Beach view apartment gold coast, city place in Melbourne , beach view place in Tel Aviv and somewhere in Wales with room for a few animals. I'd sort out Velindre hospital and noahs ark. Think I'd try and finish off a bit of education then. My missus got her PhD last year and works In cancer research. I think if you gave her 200 million she'd still go to work every day anyway. Think it would be brilliant to have a job/cause you love to fill your days, but not have any money pressure at all.

Caribbean here I come

There's some right boring answers in this thread. i reckon that i'd be dead within 2 years if i had money like that

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's some right boring answers in this thread. i reckon that i'd be dead within 2 years if i had money like that
    🤣🤣🤣 Amen brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ������ Amen brother!
    I've got an addictive personality, i stay away from drugs and Alcohol, if i'm on it, i'm on it, extreme, doesn't matter what it is. I can't ****ing trust myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That’s my true answer but I’d hope my support mechanisms were strong enough.

Go on a round the world cruise, and the year after go somewhere else !

International

Id buy this in Saundersfoot, something better in Cardff, Orlando and Spain and fly between the four having fun, I'd help family and friends and then take my time working out what I could do with the rest.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properti...hannel=RES_BUY

Id buy this in Saundersfoot, something better in Cardff, Orlando and Spain and fly between the four having fun, I'd help family and friends and then take my time working out what I could do with the rest.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properti...hannel=RES_BUY
    Looks lovely there, less so for the other 360 days a year when it's pissing down