+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Safe Standing

Safe Standing

Is this still going ahead at City? Not heard much about it for a while.

Re: Safe Standing

Back 5 rows of the middle 4 blocks of the Canton have rails, as does a small section of the away end. I think the plan is to extend the rails to the front of the stand if the trial is successful. No idea how the trial can be considered unsuccessful to be honest since we’ve had “unsafe” standing for years in the Canton stand without any notable issues.

No doubt with these sort of trials there’s going to be long winded discussions comparing incomprehensible data that will drag on. Hopefully by the start of next season the Canton will be converted to safe standing.

I’m all for it, I thought it was really good at Anfield for the FA Cup match.

First Team

For me it is all a little bit pointless.
    It is not like back in the day when you could wander unhindered, as far as I can make out.
    The whole concept feels like a little bit of a compromise and not entirely different from what happens at the moment when people just stand in front of their allocated seat.
    Has anyone experienced it yet and how different is it to how watching games pan out especially away ones when seats are almost entirely ignored ?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    For me it is all a little bit pointless.
    It is not like back in the day when you could wander unhindered, as far as I can make out.
    The whole concept feels like a little bit of a compromise and not entirely different from what happens at the moment when people just stand in front of their allocated seat.
    Has anyone experienced it yet and how different is it to how watching games pan out especially away ones when seats are almost entirely ignored ?
    Liverpool's safe standing is railed seating ie a little push down flap of a seat between barriers. It was a bit squashed with additional fans during the first half. Not very comfortable in terms of space and half-time half a seat. Our safe standing is retro-fitted barriers between the seats. More comfortable to sit on at HT and a good view over the barriers if you wish to sit throughout a match...but with lower capacity, at a guess. The issues arising from standing at seats are well known. Mainly "limbs" and the danger of crush injuries during goal celebrations.