+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is Rubin Colwill?

Re: Where is Rubin Colwill?

I've got this image in my head of Morison, screaming "are you not entertained?!" like Russel Crowe in Gladiator in the centre circle after we've been thrashed 1-4 but the goal has won Sky's Goal of the Month award.

we have signed a fair few youngsters ( at least not players wanting 1 last payday ), which is something we have been wishing the club to do for years, so thats a plus

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    Is he injured?
    My "ITK" contact reckons he'll be sold to fund the purchase of a new striker, Morison doesn't particularly rate him. He also needs to raise money and just about the only player to have had interest shown in by other clubs is Colwill senior and a few bids have been tentatively made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah, although to be fair, some of them get to spend more than 50k on their first 12 signings too
    Not in 2022 post covid they don’t

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah that is an insane statement

I just wonder at what his ego will be like if his team (and it is undoubtedly HIS team) does well this season, hopefully we'll find out
    Seeing as how Morison didn't say it, the insane statement is actually your post"

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    My "ITK" contact reckons he'll be sold to fund the purchase of a new striker, Morison doesn't particularly rate him. He also needs to raise money and just about the only player to have had interest shown in by other clubs is Colwill senior and a few bids have been tentatively made.
    Oh for gods sake !

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No. Did I imply he said that?
    Well you got the reaction you hoped for anyway, even if you didn't actually state it. Hope it made you feel suitably important.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Oh for gods sake !
    He could be talking crap though

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did they get injured in friendly games? ��*♂️ How else do you get injured in pre-season? ��
    Isaak Davies sustained his injury when he came on as a sub in the pointless final match at Derby, having only just come back from a previous hamstring injury. It seemed daft at the time to take such a risk and it would appear that it turned out to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think anyone can say whether it's good or bad yet until we have a few competitive games under our belt.

For it to be as good as the 06-07 window we'll need several of the new siginings becoming fan favourites.
    Then we picked up Chopra, Whittingham, McPhail, Roger Johnson, McNaughton, James Chambers and Kerrea Gilbert on loan and a load of other not so successful signings AND made a decent profit that transfer window with the sale of Cameron Jerome.
    We signed Whitts in January, after the others.

Still think Mackay’s first window is the best. Cowie, Conway, Gunnar, Taylor, Mason, Miller, Kiss, Turner, Gestede and more

Seeing as how Morison didn't say it, the insane statement is actually your post"
    Take a moment, breathe and don't be so sensitive and defensive of someone who doesn't want or need you to defend him. I never for one moment thought that Steve Morison would be so mad as to create a rod for his own back by calling a transfer window the greatest in Cardiff City's history before one competitive ball has been kicked. What I said is that it's an insane statement, which it is. I also alluded to his ego, which is massive.

Deep breaths dml.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absolutely he’s doing it his way, which is why I don’t want to see any excuses when it goes tits up.
    He is a bit direct but i'm ok with that, I think he has a hell of a job on his hands and with the budget he has anything higher than 20th with his budget should be viewed as a success in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    He could be talking crap though
    Well he might not.

My source tells me that the two of them don't get on at all

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Take a moment, breathe and don't be so sensitive and defensive of someone who doesn't want or need you to defend him. I never for one moment thought that Steve Morison would be so mad as to create a rod for his own back by calling a transfer window the greatest in Cardiff City's history before one competitive ball has been kicked. What I said is that it's an insane statement, which it is. I also alluded to his ego, which is massive.

Deep breaths dml.
    I see absolutely no evidence that he has a massive ego. Do you know him personally ? Perhaps he made the statement in the belief that the fans of the club he manages would get excited about a number of new signings and actually be looking forward to the new season, not an unreasonable assumption to make but little did he know that quite a few of them are manic depressives who cant being themselves to think anything positive about him or the clubs fortunes. I doubt if he will make the same mistake again if he reads this forum.

Well, here’s someone who rates Morison.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-done-24562324

I see absolutely no evidence that he has a massive ego. Do you know him personally ? Perhaps he made the statement in the belief that the fans of the club he manages would get excited about a number of new signings and actually be looking forward to the new season, not an unreasonable assumption to make but little did he know that quite a few of them are manic depressives who cant being themselves to think anything positive about him or the clubs fortunes. I doubt if he will make the same mistake again if he reads this forum.
    A family member met him last season and said he came across as very arrogant .

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    A family member met him last season and said he came across as very arrogant .
    To add that may be no bad thing as a football manager but doesn’t help if you’re not initially successful.

Do you know him personally ?
    You know he does interviews right?

What would be worth hearing is some sort of confirmation from the club as to the nature of Colwill’s injury and when he was likely to be back - same with Isaak Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What would be worth hearing is some sort of confirmation from the club as to the nature of Colwill’s injury and when he was likely to be back - same with Isaak Davies.
    Exactly - in the past WOL have had a 1:1 with the manager talking hopes and plans etc. Seems direct access to SM isn't there at the moment?

Also be good to know Adams and Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But lots of people are claiming that it has been a good window.

I don’t see how, as we have no idea about nearly all of the players. It is good insofar as we shipped out a load of players on expensive contracts (or more precisely they expired - there is nothing very clever about NOT re-signing/re-newing them!)
    I do totally agree with you. Any poster on here could have done that. If it's an accounting exercise then it IS Football Manager played in 3D!

It's funny too when you say we have no idea about all of the players. I went onto the club website yesterday to try and familiarise myself with them and what they looked like ready for Saturday. No chance, there were hardly any photos! There's going to be loads of us shouting "Well done number ____!" "Pass it to number ____!" "Oh, FFS number ____!"

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I do totally agree with you. Any poster on here could have done that. If it's an accounting exercise then it IS Football Manager played in 3D!

It's funny too when you say we have no idea about all of the players. I went onto the club website yesterday to try and familiarise myself with them and what they looked like ready for Saturday. No chance, there were hardly any photos! There's going to be loads of us shouting "Well done number ____!" "Pass it to number ____!" "Oh, FFS number ____!"
    Iy is going to be strange and without commentry take a while to know who's who, for the first few weeks, as the team could change week on week also while he tries to find his best team.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Iy is going to be strange and without commentry take a while to know who's who, for the first few weeks, as the team could change week on week also while he tries to find his best team.
    It's going to be the weirdest opening match of the season I can think of. I am kind of excited but at the same time have that "I want to throw up" kind of feeling about kick-off.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's going to be the weirdest opening match of the season I can think of. I am kind of excited but at the same time have that "I want to throw up" kind of feeling about kick-off.
    It's been a good pre season in that we haven't lost and it's built confidence, but without seeing them up against a strong team, we don't really know how good we are, and if it will work?

Still I can't wait, roll on Saturday, it's going to be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's been a good pre season in that we haven't lost and it's built confidence, but without seeing them up against a strong team, we don't really know how good we are, and if it will work?

Still I can't wait, roll on Saturday, it's going to be really interesting.