+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Rubin Colwill?

Re: Where is Rubin Colwill?

Like first day at secondary school, you may know one or two in your class but the majority are from other primary schools. Everyone’s called ‘mate’ for the first few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Like first day at secondary school, you may know one or two in your class but the majority are from other primary schools. Everyone’s called ‘mate’ for the first few weeks.
    yeah, exactly this!

Thankfully in my opinion we seem to be heading into the season with a 433, with wingers, actual wingers.

As good as I think Colwill potentially could be, where would he even play in a 433?

Doesn't seem an out and out cm, doesn't have the best pace for out wide which isn't the end of the world but it feels like we are going to need it.

Is his best position a sort of advanced position through the centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I do totally agree with you. Any poster on here could have done that. If it's an accounting exercise then it IS Football Manager played in 3D!
    I am not sure I agree with the ease of renewing contracts or not. When you look at the mess some of our previous managers have made of offering contracts and the different views everyone has on whether a player is worthy of a contract or not and the value of the contract as well as length - it can go seriously wrong - I will offer Vassell and Bacuna as well as the Macakay twins as evidence 🤣🤣

However do agree with the number of fans who maybe shouting out random names this Saturday and for a few games to come

Can't wait - it is going to be nothing short of a magical mystery ride as usual 👍

Rubin is a talent waiting to be unleashed and Steve Morison knows him better than most, remember Mick sending him on for Moore and saying in an interview he could see a striker in him ??

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Thankfully in my opinion we seem to be heading into the season with a 433, with wingers, actual wingers.

As good as I think Colwill potentially could be, where would he even play in a 433?

Doesn't seem an out and out cm, doesn't have the best pace for out wide which isn't the end of the world but it feels like we are going to need it.

Is his best position a sort of advanced position through the centre?
    Rubin is the tallest outfield player in the squad (over 6'4" - just above Cedric Kipre). We don't have to play with high balls to a big front man, but Morison is making a big deal (rightly) of the crosses our new wingers should produce for strikers, and to have Rubin in the mix to get on the end of them would be a bonus. That said I have never associated Rubin Colwill with headed goals.

But the point is that he may have to adapt and re-invent his role to be effective in this team. There may be a No 9 in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But lots of people are claiming that it has been a good window.

I don’t see how, as we have no idea about nearly all of the players. It is good insofar as we shipped out a load of players on expensive contracts (or more precisely they expired - there is nothing very clever about NOT re-signing/re-newing them!)
    People are not taking any account of the fact that we have signed probably around £10m of players for nothing in terms of transfer fees. To me that is a ‘great window’. That doesn't just ‘happen’ either, it takes a lot of hard work and the manager and his staff deserve a great deal of credit for pulling it off.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People are not taking any account of the fact that we have signed probably around £10m of players for nothing in terms of transfer fees. To me that is a ‘great window’. That doesn't just ‘happen’ either, it takes a lot of hard work and the manager and his staff deserve a great deal of credit for pulling it off.
    How have you got to the 10m figure? We signed Romeo and Tanner for 30k combined, so the rest of the frees aren't worth 9.97m.

Maybe Colwill is about to be sold to pay for established/proven striker or even strikers in plural!
    Is this why we haven’t seen him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How have you got to the 10m figure? We signed Romeo and Tanner for 30k combined, so the rest of the frees aren't worth 9.97m.
    transfermarkt has the new arrivals at a combined £14.2 m including the loanees

People are not taking any account of the fact that we have signed probably around £10m of players for nothing in terms of transfer fees.
    Is that a fact? Or are you having another Madine loan fee moment?

International

Maybe closer to that based on pre covid player values, the Championship has changed though, the majority of players no longer comand a transfer value, they are just a wage cost liabilty.

Unless any of them are exceptional I doub't they will move on with any large sort of transfer fees, but it will be interesting to see what happens tp player values in the future?

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Rubin is the tallest outfield player in the squad (over 6'4" - just above Cedric Kipre). We don't have to play with high balls to a big front man, but Morison is making a big deal (rightly) of the crosses our new wingers should produce for strikers, and to have Rubin in the mix to get on the end of them would be a bonus. That said I have never associated Rubin Colwill with headed goals.

But the point is that he may have to adapt and re-invent his role to be effective in this team. There may be a No 9 in there?
    Looked on a couple of sites, they say 6 1" or 6 2", I didn't even realise he was that tall?

You're probably right you're good on the stats?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Looked on a couple of sites, they say 6 1" or 6 2", I didn't even realise he was that tall?

I just took it from his Wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Colwill is very tall, taller than Mick half way down the page. He's at least 6'2
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ream-come-true

SM in the press conference just now:

Colwill?

"He just did his hamstring the last moment of the Scotland trip, the same as Isaak, he owes us a pre-season. We can’t fast track them because they are too important for the season."

Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    SM in the press conference just now:

Colwill?

"He just did his hamstring the last moment of the Scotland trip, the same as Isaak, he owes us a pre-season. We can’t fast track them because they are too important for the season."

Steve Morison
    Great to hear him describing both as too important to rush back - positive news of how he views them 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Great to hear him describing both as too important to rush back - positive news of how he views them ��
    Such a shame though, would have loved to have seen this with a season's experience and a good pre season under their belts

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Such a shame though, would have loved to have seen this with a season's experience and a good pre season under their belts
    Me too but there has been a lot of chatter as to whether or not Morison rates Colwill particularly so hopefully this is a sign that both are seen as part of the plans