+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy gone to Oxford?

Murphy gone to Oxford?

Latest Wales Online article seems to suggest they've taken a punt on him.
    Sounds like they've taken a hit to do so financially as well.
    As Mr T once said, "I pity the fool!"

PS, how do you include smileys on here if posting via mobile phone? I don't seem to see an option.

Re: Murphy gone to Oxford?

Whatever's going on with him, I hope he sorts it out and wish him well. Players don't just plummet like this for no reason. Him and his twin brother were both flying high at one point. I hate seeing players end up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Whatever's going on with him, I hope he sorts it out and wish him well. Players don't just plummet like this for no reason. Him and his twin brother were both flying high at one point. I hate seeing players end up like this.
    Hope he gets his head in the right place.

Oxford obviously think he is worth a punt....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Could be a very expensive gamble. The comment from their gaffer suggests he was surprised the board sanctioned a deal. This would suggest they've agreed to a larger wage than their budget would normally allow for.

Can't help but think they're wasting money they can ill afford, he just doesn't look like he wants it. Much alike Tomlin, the ability is there for sure, but you can see that he's just not committed.

Didn't think he was that bright...

I thought he'd gone to Derby?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Could be a very expensive gamble. The comment from their gaffer suggests he was surprised the board sanctioned a deal. This would suggest they've agreed to a larger wage than their budget would normally allow for.

Can't help but think they're wasting money they can ill afford, he just doesn't look like he wants it. Much alike Tomlin, the ability is there for sure, but you can see that he's just not committed.
    Whoosh.

punning well this eventide sire!

Whoosh.
    Tired I am!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I thought he'd gone to Derby?
    No, he was sent to Coventry when he was recently with Preston but now he's studying Murphy's Law at Oxford.

No, he was sent to Coventry when he was recently with Preston but now he's studying Murphy's Law at Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post

Well, he couldn't cut the mustard at Norwich either..

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    For some people it's just a job, and for others it's just a job that they don't particularly like, but the money is good. Not everybody enjoys playing football for a living.

punning well this eventide sire!
    I thought he was pissed and trying to type .. he's a worthless ****!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Well, he couldn't cut the mustard at Norwich either..
    Jeremiah Colman would be proud of that one AQM!
    Side note: I've just done a rapid read of the history of Colman's mustard. For anyone going to the away fixture, I'd heartily recommend a detour to the Colman's Mustard and Museum Shop

Jeremiah Colman would be proud of that one AQM!
    Side note: I've just done a rapid read of the history of Colman's mustard. For anyone going to the away fixture, I'd heartily recommend a detour to the Colman's Mustard and Museum Shop
    I’d be ‘keen as’ to go there

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d be ‘keen as’ to go there
    Nice one! I have been chuckling to myself at the thought of a coach-load of CCFC away supporters all heading back to Wales with souvenir bags crammed with Colman's mustard memorabilia!

Nice one! I have been chuckling to myself at the thought of a coach-load of CCFC away supporters all heading back to Wales with souvenir bags crammed with Colman's mustard memorabilia!
    Colman had a dream
    To save our national team.............

Commit to a luxury player, who isn’t going to give you much when you haven’t got the ball, and you’ve got yourself a player.

Call me old fashioned, not quite as old fashioned as Colin, but wingers and forwards are in the team for what they can do with the ball not what they do without the ball.

If they excel at both they won’t be playing in league 1 that’s for sure.

Best of luck to him. Colin was a dinosaur who thinks slating the guy in public was the best way to get a tune out of him.

I wonder if he's the type of player who needs to feel like the big star in the team to get the best out of him.

I can remember the same being said of Koumas, and players like Taarabt

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if he's the type of player who needs to feel like the big star in the team to get the best out of him.

I can remember the same being said of Koumas, and players like Taarabt
    I don't know, of course, but that's not how I've ever imagined him to be. Warnock was a master at buying the wrong players for his teams at hugely inflated prices and on big wages then being an unforgiving bast*rd when it didn't pay off. I think he destroyed him tbh. He was unlucky not to escape like Decordova-Reid managed to (for a tidy sum). Wrong club, wrong manager, wrong set up. What could possibly go wrong?

I don't know, of course, but that's not how I've ever imagined him to be. Warnock was a master at buying the wrong players for his teams at hugely inflated prices and on big wages then being an unforgiving bast*rd when it didn't pay off. I think he destroyed him tbh. He was unlucky not to escape like Decordova-Reid managed to (for a tidy sum). Wrong club, wrong manager, wrong set up. What could possibly go wrong?
    Under Warnock, murphy would end up incredibly isolated when one of his runs hit a dead end, he was offered no support from his team mates. The ball was knocked in to him and nobody would follow the pass and offer support. He also struggled with the defensive side of the game as Warnock wanted him in the fullback position if we were out of possession. Hoilett adjusted better to it, he had better feet and better vision, his game wasn't all about carrying the ball, Murphy's was. NML was just a souped up Ford Orion with no brakes, indicators, hazard lights etc and was probably run on bent jet fuel.

Probably a good move for him. Needs a decent contract though as if this doesn’t work not sure where he goes next.