+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Norwich and are you excited as morison said we all would be

Team for Norwich and are you excited as morison said we all would be

Ive no idea on the team so not going to guess.

At end of last season Morison was telling everyone we would all be pleased and excited about the players coming in. Many thought that was a nod towards bale and Ramsey but I don't think it was.

The championship is a great league as relegation promotion or mid table could all happen and every year teams who were tipped to go up end up scrapping to stay up and those tipped to go down end up in the play offs. Happens every season so doubt this season will be any different. For that reason why not be excited?

Re: Team for Norwich and are you excited as morison said we all would be

I’m the most excited I’ve been in years. That’s why I woke up at 3am to watch us draw 0-0 against Shrewsbury in a friendly.

I’m excited by Sawyers, Rinomhota, Tanner, Collins, Kipre, Ojo (I wasn’t initially) and I’m even excited by a goalkeeper!

I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near promotion. 10th is a very best case scenario for me. Think we’ll likely finish a few spots below that.

I just want to see us stick to this new way of playing and give the players a chance to thrive with it. Would have preferred if Colwill and Davies were fit for the start of the season.

I don’t think Morison helps himself at times. He’s not the most likeable. But I do hope he succeeds. I like the direction he’s taking us. No doubt a couple of bad results and there will be people on here having a go, “he thinks he’s Pep” etc.

I’m more excited at the start of this season than I have since we got relegated, but feel that, although the numbers say different, the job is only three quarters done as the team needed rebuilding in all four areas of the pitch and it’s only happened in three of them so far.

With every day my excitement builds.

Earlier I sprang from beneath the bedsheets then skipped down the stairs. It was as if I was floating on air.

At this rate when Saturday comes I may be unable to stop myself from breakdancing and vigorously twerking my way through the living room and kitchen before switching the kettle on.

Bookmakers' odds suggest mid-table mediocrity is in store, but in super Stevie Morison we trust.

Buzzing for Saturday. Chance to catch up with old friends, have some more purpose to my Saturdays and see some new players. Lovely job.

I'd have been more optimistic had we brought in goals, even just some young foreigner that YouTube makes look good.

I like the look of the midfield tbf, more options and variety. Maybe another winger is needed but overall here it's a big improvement.

Defence seems ok, particularly like the options at lb now.

Going forward though we look really weak and it's hard to see how we are scoring enough goals.

Watters probably deserves the start at the moment but we are heading into the season with a guy that barely kicked a ball for us last season. If we start the season like this it just seems quite poor planning.

I think it's going to be easier on the eye some of the time but I'll reserve my thoughts for how we will be playing until we start to play competitively and against teams at our level.

Looked comfortable most of the time playing out and through the lines in pre season but that's different to when you are being closed down and under pressure.

Can't say I'm overly excited by the team itself, midfield aside which I do think is as mobile and technically decent as we have had for a while but I'm looking forward to see us play again and getting back down there.

Probably be team from the Swindon match I expect. Interesting that NG will be a starting cb in a 2, who would have seen that 12 months ago.

The social side is great, can't wait.
    But the thought of this toothless team labouring for a desperate 1-0 win scored by our centre half from a set piece? Not looking forward to that.

Am I excited for this season? Yes. Although I'm the same every season. In fact I'm probably a bit more nervous about this season as it could quite easily go spectacularly wrong as it could go really well.

I think we'll continue to see the playing style evolve and as fans will have to be patient (I'm sure as soon as we go a goal down and are passing it around the midfield and the back there will be the usual screams of get it forward ).

If they can nail the few loan signings that they want at the calibre of player they've been trying for then I think SM comments would be fair about being excited. It just needs a couple more options up top.

Yes, I'm really excited but tinged with a little trepidation. I'm encouraged by style of play, I'm really pleased to be getting away from the Jurassic Park football of Messrs Warnock and McCarthy. It's a big rebuild which is not quite complete so that is always going to be a bit of concern. I'm also pleased that we now appear to be building a team on a sounder financial footing getting away from what seems to be unrealistic wage structures of, primarily, the Warnock days.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    The social side is great, can't wait.
    But the thought of this toothless team labouring for a desperate 1-0 win scored by our centre half from a set piece? Not looking forward to that.
    Really ? Now come on, if that's how you think then you have to question why you bother and whether you would be better off following a different team. Nearly the whole of our team has changed and all the evidence is that the playing style has changed for the better too. We don't even have ‘big’ centre halves like Flint and Morrison any more.

I think it’s been a good summer, hell of a job basically brining in a new team with a new style with next to now budget.

Will it work? Who knows but I’m glad to see we are at least trying rather than the same old of the last few managers. I’m excited for the new season no doubt about it. More so than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Really ? Now come on, if that's how you think then you have to question why you bother and whether you would be better off following a different team. Nearly the whole of our team has changed and all the evidence is that the playing style has changed for the better too. We don't even have ‘big’ centre halves like Flint and Morrison any more.
    Cedric Kipre is the same height as Morrison (6' 4") and can kick a flying winger higher in the air!

Who wouldn't be excited. It'll be like watching a new team. When it comes down to where we'll finish it will have a lot to do with not making crucial defensive errors, and taking one or two of the goalscoring chances that come our way. Such is the way matches are decided.
    I don't think we're up to scratch in those areas and may well find ourselves struggling in the 1st couple of months. Whilst Morison has done a superb job making the changes and getting the wage bill down, I'm sure he knows that it's still a results business.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Cedric Kipre is the same height as Morrison (6' 4") and can kick a flying winger higher in the air!
    OK, I accept that but he is not the same type of player as Flint or Morrison. He can run with the ball and pass it. I wouldn't say those were strengths of the other two !

I'm happy with 4 at the back and a stronger central midfield for sure. Can't say I'm as excited as Morrison promised though! I guess we'll have to see what other new players rock up before the window closes, maybe he'll surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    OK, I accept that but he is not the same type of player as Flint or Morrison. He can run with the ball and pass it. I wouldn't say those were strengths of the other two !
    So now you don't rate Flint or Morrison? You would have had a meltdown like a spoiled child if someone had said that 12 months ago.

Problem was, on Saturday, the Shrew's winger was stood still and Kipre nearly knee-capped him! I can see him being sent off and/or giving away a penalty this Saturday.
    Can't say I'm excited about this season. More nervous about how matters on the pitch will pan out. I can see plenty of 0:0s at HT with us going for it in the second half. Playing balls more centrally will help reduce the one dimensional aspect of our play and add some creativity/interest.

More apprehension than excitement for me with so many new signings (only one of whom is an established Championship player) and the lack of any new striker/s.
    At best I think we will look solid , at worst......

International

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    More apprehension than excitement for me with so many new signings (only one of whom is an established Championship player) and the lack of any new striker/s.
    At best I think we will look solid , at worst......

I thought we looked good in possession, won the ball back very quickly and made some good opportunities from open play, but the defending for the two goals we conceded was shocking.

If we get a decent striker we could do ok, but as it stands I can see us conceding at least a goal a game, unless he can improve things in defence quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So now you don't rate Flint or Morrison? You would have had a meltdown like a spoiled child if someone had said that 12 months ago.
    It will be interesting to see if Morrison figures and whether he can adapt. He's been Capt hoofit under a succession of managers who advocated this approach so I don't know if he can learn to instinctively pass it from the back. Same could be said about Nelson and McGuiness too though the latter has time on his side.

I'm looking forward to it, I think that a lot will depend on our start - if we get off to a good one, the team and fans believe in "the project" and there's good vibes all round I think we'll do well. If we start off shit I think we'll remain shit

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, I think that a lot will depend on our start - if we get off to a good one, the team and fans believe in "the project" and there's good vibes all round I think we'll do well. If we start off shit I think we'll remain shit
    If we start poorly, Morison is going to get a lot of stick very quickly due to his polarising nature. I also think the Morison believers will be firm in their beliefs. If we go into September with Watters and Harris, I think we’ll be in deep trouble and amorison will get canned.

Re Norwich, the team will probably be the same as Swindon

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If we start poorly, Morison is going to get a lot of stick very quickly due to his polarising nature. I also think the Morison believers will be firm in their beliefs. If we go into September with Watters and Harris, I think we’ll be in deep trouble and amorison will get canned.

Re Norwich, the team will probably be the same as Swindon
    I can see us having problems at the other end of the pitch as well as I suspect that we're going to be highly vulnerable to conceding from aerial crosses and set pieces.

Quite excited to see what Watters and Colwill can do. Big season for Colwill and a few goals for Max could see us doing alright. Maybe Tan will spend in January if we have a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I can see us having problems at the other end of the pitch as well as I suspect that we're going to be highly vulnerable to conceding from aerial crosses and set pieces.
    Was OK for Mascherano… Teams are going to target the back stick with Romeo and Ng, like Reading did with Joao. And Huddersfield, actually. They just pumped ball after ball down that side and scored twice from our inability to clear it