+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Norwich and are you excited as morison said we all would be

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Team for Norwich and are you excited as morison said we all would be

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Really ? Now come on, if that's how you think then you have to question why you bother and whether you would be better off following a different team. Nearly the whole of our team has changed and all the evidence is that the playing style has changed for the better too. We don't even have ‘big’ centre halves like Flint and Morrison any more.
    Cedric Kipre is the same height as Morrison (6' 4") and can kick a flying winger higher in the air!

Who wouldn't be excited. It'll be like watching a new team. When it comes down to where we'll finish it will have a lot to do with not making crucial defensive errors, and taking one or two of the goalscoring chances that come our way. Such is the way matches are decided.
    I don't think we're up to scratch in those areas and may well find ourselves struggling in the 1st couple of months. Whilst Morison has done a superb job making the changes and getting the wage bill down, I'm sure he knows that it's still a results business.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Cedric Kipre is the same height as Morrison (6' 4") and can kick a flying winger higher in the air!
    OK, I accept that but he is not the same type of player as Flint or Morrison. He can run with the ball and pass it. I wouldn't say those were strengths of the other two !

I'm happy with 4 at the back and a stronger central midfield for sure. Can't say I'm as excited as Morrison promised though! I guess we'll have to see what other new players rock up before the window closes, maybe he'll surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    OK, I accept that but he is not the same type of player as Flint or Morrison. He can run with the ball and pass it. I wouldn't say those were strengths of the other two !
    So now you don't rate Flint or Morrison? You would have had a meltdown like a spoiled child if someone had said that 12 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So now you don't rate Flint or Morrison? You would have had a meltdown like a spoiled child if someone had said that 12 months ago.
    It will be interesting to see if Morrison figures and whether he can adapt. He's been Capt hoofit under a succession of managers who advocated this approach so I don't know if he can learn to instinctively pass it from the back. Same could be said about Nelson and McGuiness too though the latter has time on his side.

Problem was, on Saturday, the Shrew's winger was stood still and Kipre nearly knee-capped him! I can see him being sent off and/or giving away a penalty this Saturday.
    Can't say I'm excited about this season. More nervous about how matters on the pitch will pan out. I can see plenty of 0:0s at HT with us going for it in the second half. Playing balls more centrally will help reduce the one dimensional aspect of our play and add some creativity/interest.

More apprehension than excitement for me with so many new signings (only one of whom is an established Championship player) and the lack of any new striker/s.
    At best I think we will look solid , at worst......

International

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    More apprehension than excitement for me with so many new signings (only one of whom is an established Championship player) and the lack of any new striker/s.
    At best I think we will look solid , at worst......

I thought we looked good in possession, won the ball back very quickly and made some good opportunities from open play, but the defending for the two goals we conceded was shocking.

If we get a decent striker we could do ok, but as it stands I can see us conceding at least a goal a game, unless he can improve things in defence quickly.