+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DNA testing - results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: DNA testing - results

I’m interested in this.
    My father died in 2013 and at his funeral I was inadvertently told I had a half brother, after an affair he had in the 70’s. He’s apparently living in Australia now. I’ve asked my cousin to ask my Aunt, his sister, but she wouldn’t press her for any information.

It’s something that just occasionally bugs me, my wife contacted people who were at his funeral, but they don’t seem to know anything else.

Curiosity is getting the better of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    I’m interested in this.
    My father died in 2013 and at his funeral I was inadvertently told I had a half brother, after an affair he had in the 70’s. He’s apparently living in Australia now. I’ve asked my cousin to ask my Aunt, his sister, but she wouldn’t press her for any information.

It’s something that just occasionally bugs me, my wife contacted people who were at his funeral, but they don’t seem to know anything else.

That would bug me to/perhaps if you approached your Aunt.It is your right to know,and your brother's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    I’m interested in this.
    Unless your half brother (if it is so) or any children he has take a DNA test, there is no way a match is going to be made with your DNA.
    I hear stories like this all the time from clients about their families and the upset and heartache that's caused by either not confiding or by confiding is cruel and thoughtless. It leaves a mark and creates a rift in the family.

Incidentally, I've just heard that my match from the opening post had a long conversation with his newly-found first cousin and is visiting her in September. She had nothing but good to say about her (and his) grandfather when we spoke. It's like an episode from 'DNA Family Secrets' with a happy ending.