+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Re: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Chippy lane or chip alley?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Why would he know anything about them? He's only the chairman after all. Heaven forbid he knows anything about the players at all....
    Probably wouldn’t want to contradict the latest news even if he thought he was up to date. Whatever he says people will only try to use it against him so why would he comment on things like that even if he thought he had the largest update.

Is the £19m equity increase because they’re expecting to lose the Sala case? It seems like the right amount of cash that would be needed to settle it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How would I listen to this live?
    7:30pm this evening. Watch here or on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Are questions edited before they are put to Mehmet?
    Can questions be sent in to be put to Mehmet by the presenter if the questioner is unable to attend in person?
    Contact details:

Email ACEnetworkcontact@gmail.con
    Insta - @ACEPodcastNationOfficial
    FB @ACEPodcastNationOfficial
    Twitter @ACEcast_Nation

I'm not sure exactly how it works Keith but they've told me guaranteed questions will be asked by their Patreon subscribers and the host will get in as many other questions as possible. Let's watch / listen this evening and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Some possible questions to ask

1. the club has no full time directors, which is very unusual for a football club or any other business of this size. Is it the intention to change this in the near future?

2. there has been a recent share issue of £19m in order to comply with the EFL Profitabiity and Sustainability rules. This is welcome support from Vincent Tan as owner but are the directors now confident ,with the recent big reduction in player wage bills etc. that this will not need to be repeated in the future?.

3. Losing David Hughes to Manchester United is a big loss. Are the club well advanced in finding his replacement and who is advising on the suitability of candidates for the job?

4. Have CAS advised the club of a likely date for issuing their verdict on the Emiliano Sala case as the hearing itself was at the beginning of March?
    The club have already issued a statement regarding replacing David Hughes - the post has been advertised and applications closed last week. A decision will be reached shortly. What is the point of asking a question that you already know the answer to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Such a good question someone’s nicked it and posted it as their own on another site
    What is the point of raising such a stupid question in the first place ? Fees weren't paid for them, no one knows what pay they were on and it was four years ago anyway. It is a daft question by someone who has an axe to grind and isn’t interested on finding out what the club is doing currently, only dragging up old issues, again and again and again……..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What is the point of raising such a stupid question in the first place ? Fees weren't paid for them, no one knows what pay they were on and it was four years ago anyway. It is a daft question by someone who has an axe to grind and isn’t interested on finding out what the club is doing currently, only dragging up old issues, again and again and again……..
    Unlikely he would be able to answer anyway due to ongoing litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    7:30pm this evening. Watch here or on You Tube

Thank you.

The club have already issued a statement regarding replacing David Hughes - the post has been advertised and applications closed last week. A decision will be reached shortly. What is the point of asking a question that you already know the answer to ?
    Good point - i missed the club statement. Just leaves the question of who is providing the football knowledge in the interviews (Steve Morison I would hope).

A further key question going forward is what is the Chair`s view of the Fans Led Review of Football which will bring about a fundamental change in how football is governed in the future. It has already been accepted on a cross party basis in Parliament, was in the Queen`s Speech , will be a White Paper very shortly and will then become law in due course. The club have remained silent on the matter to date but surely must have an opinion they can express.

The application has closed, so they will be speaking to applicants this week, so they might be close to an appointment. So yes, stupid question.

The club came nearly dead last in openness in a supporters survey, they club are absolutely abysmal at telling us anything. Since promotion in 2018 the club have got nearly every major decision wrong. Being open and explaining their decisions as well as getting other opinions may actually help.

What is the point of raising such a stupid question in the first place? Fees weren't paid for them, no one knows what pay they were on and it was four years ago anyway.

I thought you might object.....

The McKay family are central figures in the Emiliano Sala tragedy and Mehmet Dalman has been openly critical of the role played by Willie McKay. However, nobody at Cardiff City has ever attempted to explain why the former agent's sons were signed by the club in January 2018, almost exactly one year before Sala died.

In May 2019, Dalman said of McKay's involvement: "It was shoddy behaviour, plain and simple. He hides behind the licence of his son and we all think that’s OK. He meant well. His intentions were good. But why do we have intermediary agents who are not transparent or accountable to anybody? That can’t be right."

McKay's response was particularly interesting. He said: "Mehmet’s a lovely man. He’s been great for Cardiff City and my sons. Mehmet’s going to do what he’s going to do. I know he is under pressure from the owner."

This is a story the spineless local hacks should have picked up long ago. It's a right can of worms.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...alman-chairman

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mckay-15724665

Does the transfer committee still operate ?

If it does, after the Sala tragedy, has Vincent Tan learned his lesson in respect of supporting the committee if it determines a transfer is not in the best interest of the club.

How much was the Gary Madine loan fee.?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I thought you might object.....

The McKay family are central figures in the Emiliano Sala tragedy and Mehmet Dalman has been openly critical of the role played by Willie McKay. However, nobody at Cardiff City has ever attempted to explain why the former agent's sons were signed by the club in January 2018, almost exactly one year before Sala died.

In May 2019, Dalman said of McKay's involvement: "It was shoddy behaviour, plain and simple. He hides behind the licence of his son and we all think that’s OK. He meant well. His intentions were good. But why do we have intermediary agents who are not transparent or accountable to anybody? That can’t be right."

McKay's response was particularly interesting. He said: "Mehmet’s a lovely man. He’s been great for Cardiff City and my sons. Mehmet’s going to do what he’s going to do. I know he is under pressure from the owner."

This is a story the spineless local hacks should have picked up long ago. It's a right can of worms.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...alman-chairman

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mckay-15724665
    Totally agree - regardless of how long it's been it's a signal to us as fans as to how the club has been run and how previous managers may have not had our best interest at heart as they may have portrayed in the popular media

Anyone got a link working?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Anyone got a link working?
    here

I know it was live , but that was awful, many statements as opposed to questions and nothing new

I DON’T KNOW!!

Could the fella asking the questions actually speak English

Um, r, um , r um , made Beckham sound intelligent

How can someone with some responsibility for controlling finances not know how many season tickets have been sold?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Could the fella asking the questions actually speak English

Um, r, um , r um , made Beckham sound intelligent

Credit to the presenter for getting the chairman on the show, but I thought he was woefully under-prepared in terms of the questions. Surely he should have had a set of meaningful questions ready in advance, and questions that a man in Dalman's position was likely to be able to answer?

The stuff about Bale was interesting, and I loved the answer to the question about the owner interfering in team selections and tactics, but overall I don't think we learned much.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    How can someone with some responsibility for controlling finances not know how many season tickets have been sold?
    He is not in charge of day to day operations , he’s a chairman FFS

Pretty poorly done from the interviewer, he was clearly fishing for questions to ask while mid-interview.
    Bad preparation, get a load of proper questions ready ffs and make sure they're suitable.

Mehmet no doubt wondered why he was bothering at times during that.