+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Re: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He seemed to use ‘I don’t know’…’I genuinely don’t know’ as an answer to sort of portray ‘Look how honest I am’. Not really good enough is it. In my job I’d imagine potential customers would go elsewhere if I answered ‘I don’t know’ to many of their questions.
    It doesn’t bother me one jot whether Dalman knows how many season tickets have been sold or not. However, some of his answers last night gave a clear indication of how disconnected he is from the day-to-day operations of the club. And he’s the chairman.

It’s blatantly obvious that Cardiff City is very much a side venture for him, and that’s been clear for some time. Whether that’s a healthy situation or not is open to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No, its because the nit pickers, who have nothing better to do but criticise, can find little else to go on about currently so hang their hats on the fact that the chairman doesn't know an irrelevant number and the club hasn't released an updated figure for a couple of weeks. Its pathetic, it really is.
    Mrs Citizen and I pay for STs each year, go in all weather, follow the results, buy the occasional program and bit of merchandise. The only reason we do all of this is so I can come on here and nit pick and wind you up. We all need a purpose in life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It doesn’t bother me one jot whether Dalman knows how many season tickets have been sold or not. However, some of his answers last night gave a clear indication of how disconnected he is from the day-to-day operations of the club. And he’s the chairman.

It’s blatantly obvious that Cardiff City is very much a side venture for him, and that’s been clear for some time. Whether that’s a healthy situation or not is open to debate.
    I really don't know how much more evidence we've needed for some time as to the incompetence of our Chairman and the board. I don't go down to CCS to see them, but I do go down and have to watch the results of their collective management responsibility.

I kind of care whether he's got his finger on the pulse. Right now, I couldn't tell if he even has a pulse. Maybe he should wear one of those scarf sensors and we'd be able to measure his real enthusiasm for our club and its supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Mrs Citizen and I pay for STs each year, go in all weather, follow the results, buy the occasional program and bit of merchandise. The only reason we do all of this is so I can come on here and nit pick and wind you up. We all need a purpose in life.
    😂😂😂😂😂

4 pages and i cant yet see a reference to its no different to fans of asda asking the chairman of asda how many bananas have been sold.

CCMB you have let yourselves down!

There are better chairmen, there are probably a lot more who are worse. What we've lacked for a long time is a local presence. Technically everything can be discussed over zoom or the phone, but it's no substitute for face-to-face meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Was it recorded ? Can you watch it today?
    https://youtu.be/tRrKVgRzVqc

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Top man

International

Just listeneing 4 mins before Dalman can talk!

God the host loves himself, give Dalman a chance to talk FFS

Where's Cigar Bar ha ha wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    4 pages and i cant yet see a reference to its no different to fans of asda asking the chairman of asda how many bananas have been sold.

CCMB you have let yourselves down!
    Thanks a bunch for your contribution.

You could see the face he pulled as soon as he was asked the season ticket question. It was a “Fck I should know this but don’t have a clue” face. Came across as quite arrogant to me but that’s my opinion.

Dalman seems to be very affable but, as other posters have said, it's very surprising that he has no idea of the income stream due from ticket sales this season.

I’ve only watched the first half an hour or so, was he asked about the recent share issue?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve only watched the first half an hour or so, was he asked about the recent share issue?
    No - unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good lord, no. There were more important matters such as his favourite films and pastimes.

So do loads of other people but the vast majority don't feel the need to come on here and have a go at the the Chairman because he dared not to know such startlingly important facts such as how many season tickets have been sold. Perhaps the interviewer should have asked him what sized shoes the manager wears. I am sure we would all have been waiting with baited breath to see if he could answer that one as well.

So do loads of other people but the vast majority don't feel the need to come on here and have a go at the the Chairman because he dared not to know such startlingly important facts such as how many season tickets have been sold. Perhaps the interviewer should have asked him what sized shoes the manager wears. I am sure we would all have been waiting with baited breath to see if he could answer that one as well.
    Do you enjoy making a dick of yourself?

Not that important a question granted, but he did say he was updated on matters financial by Ken Choo every day so it would seem reasonable to assume that such a conversation included an update on season ticket sales income.

The whole interview was very badly hosted, missing out a number of questions raised by fans and seemed mainly a PR exercise for the host and/or an internal club publicity mission rather than a two way interaction with fans. Reminded me a bit of the staged interview with Vincent Tan some years ago when a paid interviewer asked scripted and rehearsed questions of the owner.

I'm trying to find something to cheer me up now. It's all gone a bit mad.

Maybe imagining Dalman being interviewed by Alan Partridge will lift my mood.

I'm trying to find something to cheer me up now. It's all gone a bit mad.

Maybe imagining Dalman being interviewed by Alan Partridge will lift my mood.
    At least his questions would have been smarter.

I think that it's a bit unfair to load up on the bloke who was asking the questions. He doesn't represent anyone but himself, it's his podcast, and lets be honest, he really wasn't the most articulate in terms of probing questions. Something like this should be done through the trust, where we have some articulate fans who know what to ask and understand how a football club works. Maybe Mehmet doesn't fancy something a little more taxing. This bloke is just a fan who seems happy as larry with what he does. A bit cruel to have a pop at him in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do you enjoy making a dick of yourself?
    Be careful Jon, he's got family around the corner from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    At least his questions would have been smarter.
    Does anyone know the guy Si who hosts that site and who carried out the interview? Seemed to be out of his depth, quite unprofessional in terms of a lack of any interview preparation. And why him to do the interview - did Mehmet think that it would be an easy ride compared to speaking to fans direct?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This bloke is just a fan who seems happy as larry with what he does. A bit cruel to have a pop at him in my opinion.
    Fair play to him in many respects, I just think he was very ill prepared/equipped, and should/could have done a far better job.
    It was a great opportunity and he turned it into mashed potato.
    Not saying I could have done any better, but I'd have at least had the sense to gather a top 30 or 40 quality questions rather than doing it on the fly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Fair play to him in many respects, I just think he was very ill prepared/equipped, and should/could have done a far better job.
    It was a great opportunity and he turned it into mashed potato.
    Not saying I could have done any better, but I'd have at least had the sense to gather a top 30 or 40 quality questions rather than doing it on the fly!!
    Fair enough mate, i understand what you are saying. I just don't think that the bloke was equipped if you know what i mean. And for that reason i just think it's a little harsh to be too critical of something that he probably wasn't up to doing.