+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

On YouTube

"Cardiff City Football Club chairman Mehmet Dalman joins me for a live and exclusive full length show on Thursday at 730pm.
    Spread the word and get in the live chat on Youtube and ask your Qs.
    He didn't shy away from any questions or indeed subjects in his previous appearances and fully expecting the same this time around.
    Unprecedented access to the current chairman of an EFL Championship side.
    Join us ⚽️"

Re: Mehmet Dalman live Q&A this Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Not on twitter so have to ask here

Was there a leak in the club and if so has it been plugged

Have we signed a striker but unable to announce it

What is the medium term plan for the club as we know the short term plan is to balance the books which is absolutely right

How long are Colwill Davies Ralls and Adams out injured

Why hasn't SM done any mainstream interviews in pre season

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not on twitter so have to ask here

Was there a leak in the club and if so has it been plugged

Have we signed a striker but unable to announce it

What is the medium term plan for the club as we know the short term plan is to balance the books which is absolutely right

How long are Colwill Davies Ralls and Adams out injured

Why hasn't SM done any mainstream interviews in pre season
    Er - not sure that the chairman of the club can answer questions about injured players. Plus announcing that we have signed a striker when it has to be kept under wraps for contractual reasons is not something a club can do without permission from the player and other club. Plus what difference does it make if the manager does mainstream interviews in pre-season or not - he is not under any obligation to do so, the games are low key affairs and he has been interviewed a number of times on the club tv channel and local news programmes. It is likely that mainstream interviews will follow when the season actually starts. Fans are not in any position to demand anything of a manager really.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Er - not sure that the chairman of the club can answer questions about injured players. Plus announcing that we have signed a striker when it has to be kept under wraps for contractual reasons is not something a club can do without permission from the player and other club. Plus what difference does it make if the manager does mainstream interviews in pre-season or not - he is not under any obligation to do so, the games are low key affairs and he has been interviewed a number of times on the club tv channel and local news programmes. It is likely that mainstream interviews will follow when the season actually starts. Fans are not in any position to demand anything of a manager really.
    I believe managers are not allowed to do full press conferences until 1st competitive match.

Any update on Whitts' memorial match? Any other plans to honour him?

I;d love to know who some of the players we've tried to bring in, but haven't managed to get it done.

Aside from Bale obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Any update on Whitts' memorial match? Any other plans to honour him?
    Hasn’t the date been set for November during the World Cup?

Appreciate your points and my post was a bit tongue in cheek but I would still like to know all of the above 👍

Perhaps he will say what the £19m share issue is all about as the Club have not done so yet.

Wouldn't mind knowing what's happening with these outstanding court cases against us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Wouldn't mind knowing what's happening with these outstanding court cases against us.
    Update on the Sala situation, just dates etc, probably can't say much else yet?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Update on the Sala situation, just dates etc, probably can't say much else yet?
    I got the impression the Scam Hammam case had pretty much been dealt with, anyone know what's happening with the Michael Isaac one?

Like others, I would like to hear more about the status of the court cases, the reasoning behind the share issue, whether the club has decided it now wants a strategy, the plans for the academy, ambitions for the season ahead and a personal view on the state of football in the UK after Covid and in the middle of various new crises.

I don't expect to get an injury update from Mehmet Dalman, but maybe something on further recruitment and the prospects of two new strikers rolling up any time soon (and another winger if I was greedy). That is something Dalman would know.

As dml1954 keeps telling us, we are customers of the club and have no right to any information. But this type of public Q&A goes a long way to build relationships and increase some level of trust in the owner and board. It is good practice and can have commercial benefits for the club too. Silence feels like incompetence or contempt. Rumours and resentment fill any vacuum.

I just saw this Q&A piece with Dean Hoyle at Huddersfield. He used to do these regularly with the local media and fan groups. It covers some of the ground I would like Mehmet Dalman to discuss - and at a level of detail that helps fans to understand what is going on.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/july...d--dean-hoyle/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Like others, I would like to hear more about the status of the court cases, the reasoning behind the share issue, whether the club has decided it now wants a strategy, the plans for the academy, ambitions for the season ahead and a personal view on the state of football in the UK after Covid and in the middle of various new crises.

I don't expect to get an injury update from Mehmet Dalman, but maybe something on further recruitment and the prospects of two new strikers rolling up any time soon (and another winger if I was greedy). That is something Dalman would know.

As dml1954 keeps telling us, we are customers of the club and have no right to any information. But this type of public Q&A goes a long way to build relationships and increase some level of trust in the owner and board. It is good practice and can have commercial benefits for the club too. Silence feels like incompetence or contempt. Rumours and resentment fill any vacuum.

I just saw this Q&A piece with Dean Hoyle at Huddersfield. He used to do these regularly with the local media and fan groups. It covers some of the ground I would like Mehmet Dalman to discuss - and at a level of detail that helps fans to understand what is going on.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/july...d--dean-hoyle/

Some possible questions to ask

1. the club has no full time directors, which is very unusual for a football club or any other business of this size. Is it the intention to change this in the near future?

2. there has been a recent share issue of £19m in order to comply with the EFL Profitabiity and Sustainability rules. This is welcome support from Vincent Tan as owner but are the directors now confident ,with the recent big reduction in player wage bills etc. that this will not need to be repeated in the future?.

3. Losing David Hughes to Manchester United is a big loss. Are the club well advanced in finding his replacement and who is advising on the suitability of candidates for the job?

4. Have CAS advised the club of a likely date for issuing their verdict on the Emiliano Sala case as the hearing itself was at the beginning of March?

What’s the latest season ticket sales

As chairman, what do you actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As chairman, what do you actually do?
    The role of a chairperson is to oversee the running of the club or league and ensure that it is run efficiently and managed appropriately. They will lead club or league meetings and provide leadership in all areas. The Secretary is one of the most important roles in a club or league according to Google

Question for Mehmet: what was the story behind the club signing the McKay twins on two-and-a-half year deals in January 2018? How come you as Chairman rubber-stamped such a deal when there was absolutely nothing to suggest that either Paul McKay or Jack McKay were ever likely to make the grade at a professional football club that was pushing for promotion to the Premier League at the time they were signed?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    On YouTube

"Cardiff City Football Club chairman Mehmet Dalman joins me for a live and exclusive full length show on Thursday at 730pm.
    Spread the word and get in the live chat on Youtube and ask your Qs.
    He didn't shy away from any questions or indeed subjects in his previous appearances and fully expecting the same this time around.
    Unprecedented access to the current chairman of an EFL Championship side.
    Join us ⚽️"
    Are questions edited before they are put to Mehmet?
    Can questions be sent in to be put to Mehmet by the presenter if the questioner is unable to attend in person?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Question for Mehmet: what was the story behind the club signing the McKay twins on two-and-a-half year deals in January 2018? How come you as Chairman rubber-stamped such a deal when there was absolutely nothing to suggest that either Paul McKay or Jack McKay were ever likely to make the grade at a professional football club that was pushing for promotion to the Premier League at the time they were signed?
    Such a good question someone’s nicked it and posted it as their own on another site

How would I listen to this live?

What really happened to Kerrea Gilbert
    What are the best flavour of crisps
    Are the trust really ****s or are you just on the wind up
    Should they close castle street to pedestrianise it
    Will we ever go back red

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Are questions edited before they are put to Mehmet?
    Can questions be sent in to be put to Mehmet by the presenter if the questioner is unable to attend in person?
    I just posted their tweet. But I will send them a link to this thread so they can see what questions have been raised here.

Er - not sure that the chairman of the club can answer questions about injured players.
    Absolutely. Why would he know anything about them? He's only the chairman after all. Heaven forbid he knows anything about the players at all....