£79. To. £95 annual

Don’t think I’ll be renewing next year.

Re: Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Increase from 15 September, renewals and new accounts

£7.99. To. £8.99 pm

£79. To. £95 annual

How can they justify that yearly hike from 79 to 95 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Maybe they've started paying their taxes?

Strange that here in France it's going up from €49.99 to €69.99 (approx £59....).
    Given the amount I buy from Amazon, and it's pretty extensive Firestick film etc choice, that's not too bad.

Well he has to recoup the $5.5 billion he spent on his space flight somehow.

9 quid a month isnt too bad imho, 12 quid a year more

I needed some Turn thumb catches for a shed door yesterday ( I built a shed for someone ), tried Wickes and Screwfix, both didnt have it, got on amazon, it's arriving today, cant moan about that, 4 catches for 3 quid delivered

includes the Prime TV, I watched " straight outa Compton / directors cut " last night

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Strange that here in France it's going up from €49.99 to €69.99 (approx £59....).
    Given the amount I buy from Amazon, and it's pretty extensive Firestick film etc choice, that's not too bad.
    Well we are in “Rip off Britain” so no surprise there

The next day deliveries are a good but I don’t really use Prime TV very often. Probably not worth it for me when I can just order things off someone else’s account.

They say they set the Prime fee in 2014 and haven't increased it since - until now.

I started paying for Prime in January - initially one of their regular free trials but this time didn't cancel at the end. Not sure I will continue with it. The next day delivery is useful, but I got on fine before. Prime TV has got some gems that I used to binge watch on free trials, but now watch when I want. Can go back to annual binge watching. I don't use the other 'benefits' they keep telling me (by email) that I'm missing out on. I can't listen to any more music than I do now!

First price increase since 2014, still really good value when you consider the array of stuff that comes with it, and the fact that things like Apple Music/Spotify Premium are £10 a month on their own, Netflix another £12-£14 a month

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They say they set the Prime fee in 2014 and haven't increased it since - until now.

I started paying for Prime in January - initially one of their regular free trials but this time didn't cancel at the end. Not sure I will continue with it. The next day delivery is useful, but I got on fine before. Prime TV has got some gems that I used to binge watch on free trials, but now watch when I want. Can go back to annual binge watching. I don't use the other 'benefits' they keep telling me (by email) that I'm missing out on. I can't listen to any more music than I do now!
    Oh I forgot about the Music, we have the speakers in most rooms ( handy for making announcements like " tea's on the table " ) and they are always playing music, my daughter 3 years ago wanted Spotify for christmas, She was happy with Prime music unlimited ( which we might pay extra for ? ? )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh I forgot about the Music, we have the speakers in most rooms ( handy for making announcements like " tea's on the table " ) and they are always playing music, my daughter 3 years ago wanted Spotify for christmas, She was happy with Prime music unlimited ( which we might pay extra for ? ? )
    Amazon Music £10.99 pm on top of Prime costs

You get access to the entry level Amazon Music (same as Spotify Basic) for free with Prime. If you want Amazon Prime Unlimited, it's an extra £8.99 a month (£9.99 for non Prime members)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    You get access to the entry level Amazon Music (same as Spotify Basic) for free with Prime. If you want Amazon Prime Unlimited, it's an extra £8.99 a month (£9.99 for non Prime members)
    I thought it might have been, think we had 6 months free and then the charge started

£7.99. To. £8.99 pm

£79. To. £95 annual

A 12.5% increase in the monthly price, but a 20% increase in the annual price.

I have amazon music and I don't have Prime ?

I don't think the interface is as good as Spotify

I prefer Apple Music to both tbh, seems much less clunky to me than Spotify, but obviously requires an Apple device, so not for everyone

I prefer Apple Music to both tbh, seems much less clunky to me than Spotify, but obviously requires an Apple device, so not for everyone
    Indeed , I like samsung tablets so don't use apple

£7.99. To. £8.99 pm

£79. To. £95 annual

£16 over a year for free delivery and free TV shows/movies? You could spend that on one film.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    £16 over a year for free delivery and free TV shows/movies? You could spend that on one film.
    I think the point is , it's a huge increase and its not like they don't have an oasis of money

I have had Amazon Music as an app since I first used Amazon - and it's got free digital versions of every CD I ever bought via Amazon on it. But I'm confused now what comes with the basic app, what is free with Prime, and what is the difference with Prime Unlimited (there is a one month free with Prime, but then it goes to £10.99 pm according to the messages I've seen). Apart from songs/tracks and albums, there are playlists, podcasts, music stations, vidoes and more. Too much stuff and not enough time.

Still worth it , it's been that price since 2014, I save a fortune in postage , great turnaround times for urgent needs , the easy bird Prime deals are excellent, music , even shows some footy .. I will drop Netflix as it offers less.
    God speed Jeff..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have had Amazon Music as an app since I first used Amazon - and it's got free digital versions of every CD I ever bought via Amazon on it. But I'm confused now what comes with the basic app, what is free with Prime, and what is the difference with Prime Unlimited (there is a one month free with Prime, but then it goes to £10.99 pm according to the messages I've seen). Apart from songs/tracks and albums, there are playlists, podcasts, music stations, vidoes and more. Too much stuff and not enough time.
    The basic free app is free but has adverts , as does Spotify.......but they are not that often as to be a pain

That's the only difference I can work out

The Spotify pay route seems to have the biggest bank of music according to research

I think the point is , it's a huge increase and its not like they don't have an oasis of money
    Perhaps you’ve not noticed the global supply chain issues and how the cost of everyday things has increased significantly over the last year including oil and paperboard packaging.

I get at least 2 deliveries from Amazon every week often for household items like rubbish bags, washing tablets, dog food etc.

It’d cost me much more than their fee even if they’d doubled the price. The most valuable thing however is the time I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Perhaps you’ve not noticed the global supply chain issues and how the cost of everyday things has increased significantly over the last year including oil and paperboard packaging.

I get at least 2 deliveries from Amazon every week often for household items like rubbish bags, washing tablets, dog food etc.

It’d cost me much more than their fee even if they’d doubled the price. The most valuable thing however is the time I get back.
    No I hadn't noticed

What's happening ?