+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Prime

Re: Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have had Amazon Music as an app since I first used Amazon - and it's got free digital versions of every CD I ever bought via Amazon on it. But I'm confused now what comes with the basic app, what is free with Prime, and what is the difference with Prime Unlimited (there is a one month free with Prime, but then it goes to £10.99 pm according to the messages I've seen). Apart from songs/tracks and albums, there are playlists, podcasts, music stations, vidoes and more. Too much stuff and not enough time.
    Free delivery on every ‘Prime’ item normally within 24 hours and often on the same day. Amazon Music is free with it (but that’s pretty shit as it doesn’t carry anywhere near the catalogue of Apple/Spotify or Deezer) Kindle Books, Prime TV (arguably as good as Netflix now) Amazon Photos(free storage of all your digital photos)…. there’s probably more that I’m not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No I hadn't noticed

What's happening ?
    Q.E.D

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Increase from 15 September, renewals and new accounts

£7.99. To. £8.99 pm

£79. To. £95 annual

Don’t think I’ll be renewing next year.

It's not bad really for what you get, everything is going up!

I'd spend more in fuel and wear and tear on the car.

No brainer in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    9 quid a month isnt too bad imho, 12 quid a year more

I needed some Turn thumb catches for a shed door yesterday ( I built a shed for someone ), tried Wickes and Screwfix, both didnt have it, got on amazon, it's arriving today, cant moan about that, 4 catches for 3 quid delivered

includes the Prime TV, I watched " straight outa Compton / directors cut " last night
    You'd be bonkers paying the monthly fee for a year.
    12x£9 = £108

Annual fee is going up to £95.
    The amount of use in our house makes it well worth it.

I think Amazon are justifying the hike by saying they have even more Premier League games showing next season. Not really much cop if a) you don't like football b)you're not interested in the prem. Which I'm not to be honest, unless City are there. Having said that, I'd like to see how Forest do this coming season, and will take an added interest if Leeds and/or Everton struggle next season.

Don't make me laugh folks

The local plumber puts up his rates a few quid and you drop him and go for the next cowboy ......because you can

Amazon hikes things up and you can't go elsewhere so you defend them

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Amazon is indispensable to many shoppers and they ......amazon ....know it

I use amazon but I don't think everyone needs to be falling over themselves to justify amazon's price hike

I understand the time that Internet shopping saves but let's not pretend these buggers are a charity

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's not bad really for what you get, everything is going up!
    If Cardiff City increased tickets by 3 quid people would be having fecking kittens on here and the club would be accused of fleecing the customers 🙄

That's exactly what amazon are doing with Prime. It doesn't matter that some people think its already a good deal . They are stiffing customers because customers can't really go elsewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Q.E.D
    Did it begin with The Ark ?

Mine is 36 euro a year, going up to 49.90, nearly 40% increase. Like Sludge says, they do a service but no need to fall over yourselves justifying that sort of increase, especially given record profits, government subsides, low wages, appalling working conditions, zero corporation tax, and the union busting tactics they use.

Not even sure my Kids watch the streaming service, will soon find out when it's switched off in December.

Thanks for the reminder

Used to use it a lot (especially during lockdowns) but I did get more and more uneasy about paying a fair whack for the privilege of being tied into mostly shopping at Amazon so I cancelled about 6 months ago.

Fair enough if you use the extras though (I found there wasn't much on Video or Music that I was using) and their customer service/returns policy is very good.

Gotta love the cost of living crisis there will be thousands spending £3.50 to £5 a pint this Saturday and I'm guessing an average spend with grub 40 to 50 bucks .

Put into perspective with lots of things its still incredible value really. But only if you find value in it.

As I don't watch prime enough or buy every month from Amazon I tend to take the fairly regular trials and sometimes just pay the odd month here or there. I find it worthwhile for the next day delivery at certain times of year.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Increase from 15 September, renewals and new accounts

£7.99. To. £8.99 pm

£79. To. £95 annual

Don’t think I’ll be renewing next year.
    Cancel your monthly payment and pay the annual £79 before August 15th and there is no pay rise until next year

If you've got a student in the house, get them to do it £3.99 a month going up to £4.49pm.

Fcuk amazon and fcuk next day delivery i would rather the roads a little less congested.

Cancel your monthly payment and pay the annual £79 before August 15th and there is no pay rise until next year

If you've got a student in the house, get them to do it £3.99 a month going up to £4.49pm.
    Mine is from July, so not due for renewal until 15 July 23, thankfully.

The bit I don’t get is why pay the annual before 15th august when the prices don’t increase until 15th September?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    The bit I don’t get is why pay the annual before 15th august when the prices don’t increase until 15th September?
    I think it should have been renew a monthly before 14th August, if it's yearly correct do it before September 15th!

nice

its 6 months Free then £4.49 a month, I know, just got my daughter to sign up for me

cheers