+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivers on their phones

Drivers on their phones

I was about to go on to a crossing by Baden Powell School,i noticed a 4x4 not slowing down.
    I stopped my Mrs from stepping out,the driver was on her phone she did not even notice we were there.She was going aleast 35mph.Good job there is no school.

Drivers on their phones

I was about to go on to a crossing by Baden Powell School,i noticed a 4x4 not slowing down.
    I stopped my Mrs from stepping out,the driver was on her phone she did not even notice we were there.She was going aleast 35mph.Good job there is no school.

Re: Drivers on their phones

Should be shot at dawn.

I was hit by a car with the driver on his phone, lucky it was in town and at a snail's pace - but he should have been stationary anyway - it was at a light-controlled crossing and he seemed oblivious to the people walking in front of him.

So bad you posted it twice.

Have a look at this horror clip of a driver on their phone. The guy should never be allowed out of prison again!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-62235941

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Have a look at this horror clip of a driver on their phone. The guy should never be allowed out of prison again!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-62235941
    That is just horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Went in the garden to see the grankids before I went back to work.Forgot I had posted.

About time they treated it the same as drink driving and started dishing out bans.

They could make it so that you are shot at dawn if caught driving whilst on the phone but most people would still do it because they all know the chances of getting caught are statistically miniscule.

I ride a motorcycle so am able to look down into cars and filter through traffic a lot and it's staggering how many people think it's acceptable to use their phone while driving. No excuse whatsoever for doing it - so much stiffer penalties I think are entirely acceptable for something so unnecessary and so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    They could make it so that you are shot at dawn if caught driving whilst on the phone but most people would still do it because they all know the chances of getting caught are statistically miniscule.
    It wouldnt be miniscule if there were enough police about. Easy to park a police car and catch them. See it every day.

So many drivers think that it's not obvious to others that they're on their phones.
    One hand on the wheel, the other strangely out of site, and far too many glances down considering they should be concentrating on the road ahead and all around.
    I spot them every day, its just a shame there's not more police around to spot them aswell.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    About time they treated it the same as drink driving and started dishing out bans.
    Agreed really dangerous especially texting and reading, should carry a ban, use the bus lane cameras etc to monitor it, people would soon stop!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    So many drivers think that it's not obvious to others that they're on their phones.
    One hand on the wheel, the other strangely out of site, and far too many glances down considering they should be concentrating on the road ahead and all around.
    I spot them every day, its just a shame there's not more police around to spot them aswell.

Police are all in their camera vans trying to catch someone doing 22 mph in a 20 mph zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Police are all in their camera vans trying to catch someone doing 22 mph in a 20 mph zone.
    I believe that the camera operators in vans aren't usually Police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I believe that the camera operators in vans aren't usually Police officers.
    Well if not they should be out bloody working, not sat on their ar*ses in the station.

The vans dont have police officers in them do they?

Well if not they should be out bloody working, not sat on their ar*ses in the station.
    What should they be sat on at the station?

What should they be sat on at the station?
    Their elbows?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He was probably driving at the time....

Anyone caught, should face an instant 3 month ban and have to retake their test. Like PhyllisStant, I also ride a motorbike and see it far too often and it seems a lot of young female drivers use their phones. Some of them may not actually be on the phone but have them permanently in their hands, which is an offence. The WG talking shop is bringing in 20 mph speed limits but what’s the point when there’s nobody to enforce the 30 mph limit. There are plenty of hands free kits available from £25-50 and a lot of modern cars can be set up through the media system.

You see them everywhere. In queues, or even while driving along. Heads down, looking at a phone they're trying to hide in their lap. It's often young women, but they're not the only offenders by any means.

Can we add morons who use phones whilst riding down main roads (or any road really) on bikes to the list of people who need to be penalised? Especially any with headphones on, the daft sods. They're not as much a danger to other people as to themselves, but can easily cause accidents.

He was probably driving at the time....
    Cheeky sod Gave up driving 7yrs ago,try to walk everywhere.

i am a long distance hgv driver and every day ,many times a day i look down as drivers pass you will never believe how bad it is . it's insane.