+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our incompetent Tory government again - kick 'em out

Our incompetent Tory government again - kick 'em out

So I'm hoping to drive to France later this week so thought I'd check out fuel prices in both countries as normally I'd fill up here first.

Cheapest fuel round here £1.849 for unleaded and if you drive around which makes no sense then £1.789 near Guildford. En route to the Channel tunnel it's around £1.849 - 1.889.

If you're driving in France then get the Via Michelin app which shows petrol stations with pricing across the country.

Cheapest unleaded along my route is 1.771 Euros Super U which is just under £1.49 per litre.

That means I'm gonna save about 35p per litre by tanking up in France.

Why you ask? Because the French government recognises all the sh1t high fuel prices is causing and subsidising significantly and soon will drop it even more.

Can't the dolts in Westminster see that a reduction in fuel duty would have a dramatic effect across the board and in making transport costs lower help stop inflation and also provide relief to everyone who has to use transport.

Not fecking rocket science!

Re: Our incompetent Tory government again - kick 'em out

haha...getting even more subsided from September...at least for a couple of months.......plus electricity is capped at 4% rise........just saying.
    NOTHING to do with Brexit...just economic decisions.

Don’t they all ride bikes in France ?

maybe follow them when it comes to our energy companies too !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    maybe follow them when it comes to our energy companies too !

We’d never vote for that nonsense over here any more. Who’d put their neck on the line to be called a communist by the Daily Mail and white van Essex man?
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 26-07-22 at 17:59. Reason: Typo

The average price of unleaded in France is £1.70 per litre as opposed to £1.88 in the UK.https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/a...ces-in-europe/

There needs to be a debate about renationalisation of our utilities and railways but Starmer is too weak to undertake this,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don’t they all ride bikes in France ?
    Yes, they do. More often than not they also wear a string of onions like a giant necklace.

Equivalent of £1.37 L here in Poland, down 15% on last month

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The average price of unleaded in France is £1.70 per litre as opposed to £1.88 in the UK.https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/a...ces-in-europe/
    ...and actually diesel is cheaper than petrol France.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, they do. More often than not they also wear a string of onions like a giant necklace.
    oh don't be so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There needs to be a debate about renationalisation of our utilities and railways but Starmer is too weak to undertake this,
    I agree that this needs to be debated, starting with the cost of renationalising.

I read that the cost could be c. £200bn. Now I'd love to see them back in public hands but feel that we have greater current priorities e.g. NHS, social care, climate change, cost of living, etc.

I see renationalisation as a project for a second term Labour or coalition government. Far too much mess left by the Tories to sort out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I agree that this needs to be debated, starting with the cost of renationalising.

I read that the cost could be c. £200bn. Now I'd love to see them back in public hands but feel that we have greater current priorities e.g. NHS, social care, climate change, cost of living, etc.

I see renationalisation as a project for a second term Labour or coalition government. Far too much mess left by the Tories to sort out first.
    You don't pay them off at above market rate for their incompetence, you find a way to completely **** them into the ground. Unfortunately this also dicks over anyone invested in them which is a long list of ordinary people.

There are softer approaches I guess like not for profit competition.

I am pretty sure labour will propose nothing drastic and instead put forward some ambiguous nonsense like 'give the regular more power'.

Youl all had yer chance to vote for the Corbyn , Abbott , Mcdonald, Burgon ,Lavery, Dawn Butler magical axis ...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Youl all had yer chance to vote for the Corbyn , Abbott , Mcdonald, Burgon ,Lavery, Dawn Butler magical axis ...
    Seems like to a dream team compared to what was voted in.😂😂😂😂