+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New loan signing confirmed... Jaden Philogene

Re: New loan signing...

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Yep, good point. Lots of pacey options to work against tired defenders.
    But now to make that work we need a decent striker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Now that would have been a front 3...
    Not entirely sure Chops and McCormack could have played that system mind, but I'd have a go with that!
    we did have a go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    we did have a go with it.
    Did we?
    I remember us going with McCormack out wide, not a 4-3-3 though?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    PSG, Barcelona and Dortmund were after him as a kid according to his Wikipedia page - seems to be a talented young kid.
    From Barcelona to Cardiff City. I half expect him to sign on a free next season for Grimsby!

Did we?
    I remember us going with McCormack out wide, not a 4-3-3 though?
    We did kind of have a go but Chopra couldn’t play wide if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't ever remember Chops being played out wide, and I was at the ground for every match back then...
    Maybe my memory is failing me in old age...

Wasn't there a story about this on one of the Undr The Cost episodes with a former City player? Dave Jones wanted to change formations from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, but Bothroyd and Chopra both demanded to play as the central striker and threatened to down tools if they didn't get their way, so Jones shelved the idea.

Reply from my Villa addict (he named his daughter Aston)

Very well thought of at Villa has a really bright future as you say though he is more of a wide player but loves cutting in I think Cardiff fans will take to him I know Stoke fans did last season 👍

I don’t think we will see a consistent starting 11 this season. I think Morison will like to mix it up.

We need a physical presence though, and we don't have one. If we're to play 3 up top, we need physical presence to spearhead that 3.
    Watters strikes me as an "off the shoulder" striker, better suited to a 4-4-2 in the way Chops worked off Bothroyd.
    Harris doesn't cut it for me, league 1 material.
    Why do we need a big striker up front though ? If we have three pacy, mobile young forwards up front it will cause havoc with opposition defences. I feel more enthused by us not having a Moore/Hughill figure than if we did. This is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Seems to be really highly rated. Looking forward to seeing this lad.

Just wish we could get a couple of strikers.
    we need a few

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Never heard of him, but seems to be a winger who scored v Swansea last year while on loan at Stoke.
    I haven’t heard of many of our signings this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I hope he’s considered the possibility that the other team may replace them with not so tired defenders.
    🤣👍

Where does Colwill fit into this, centre mid, wide, striker?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do we need a big striker up front though ? If we have three pacy, mobile young forwards up front it will cause havoc with opposition defences. I feel more enthused by us not having a Moore/Hughill figure than if we did. This is going to be fun.
    Agree.

This notion of having to have a big physical lump up front is dated.
    Defences cannot legislate for pace and someone who has a bit of nous about them.

Stoke forum is a combination of "good signing, too good at attacking for a club like us" and "don't see what all the fuss is about, just runs into players, no end product."

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...bidace?page=27

Us signing him gets posted towards bottom, and then discussion carries on for a few pages.

Judging by this forum the majority of Stoke fans are pretty disappointed they haven’t re-signed him. A few are also impressed by the squad we’ve put together. Interesting to read other fans perception of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...bidace?page=27

Us signing him gets posted towards bottom, and then discussion carries on for a few pages.

Judging by this forum the majority of Stoke fans are pretty disappointed they haven’t re-signed him. A few are also impressed by the squad we’ve put together. Interesting to read other fans perception of us.
    Thanks for posting that, pretty positive stuff on the whole, but I think Villa may have let him come here on the understanding that he will be playing every week.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Depends how the flanks are set up. If they’re instructed to get beyond the fullback then the obvious choice is to cross the ball which you do need a target man in my opinion. Not saying a normal striker won’t work but if we’re as slow getting up the field as we were last year it’s a must.

Very interested to see how we set up against Norwich

Depends how the flanks are set up. If they’re instructed to get beyond the fullback then the obvious choice is to cross the ball which you do need a target man in my opinion. Not saying a normal striker won’t work but if we’re as slow getting up the field as we were last year it’s a must.

Very interested to see how we set up against Norwich
    This is my view also.
    If we are playing a 4-3-3 with two wingers, there will be crosses into the box at times. We also have no height in the team for corners!
    Our central midfield are all short, we need more up top.

Having said that, we may revert to a variation of a 4-4-2 at times, and we'll need to if we have no height up front as whoever plays furthest forward will need more close support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Where does Colwill fit into this, centre mid, wide, striker?
    Yeah, I’m wondering this…….🤔

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Agree.

This notion of having to have a big physical lump up front is dated.
    Defences cannot legislate for pace and someone who has a bit of nous about them.
    Morison has already said a few times he's going away from that style Striker, he's looking for pacy Strikers to play on the shoulder of the last man, based on Saturday we hould creat some decent chances.

Anyone think he's trying to build a poor mans Man City style?

To the song Michael Jackson - Billy Jean

Philogene is not our player
    He's from Villa
    And he's here on a loan
    And he's here to score some goals

International

Morison knows a player, Doyle and Dramah were brilliant for us, hopefully here is another great addition.