+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New loan signing confirmed... Jaden Philogene

New loan signing confirmed... Jaden Philogene

Re: New loan signing...

Never heard of him, but seems to be a winger who scored v Swansea last year while on loan at Stoke.

Left winger, not going to be short in that position!
    Any more goalies incoming?

Another winger? Really? Is that where we're short?

Not a striker. Is Morison about to unveil the revolutionary 0 up top tactic on Saturday?

Seems to be really highly rated. Looking forward to seeing this lad.

Just wish we could get a couple of strikers.

PSG, Barcelona and Dortmund were after him as a kid according to his Wikipedia page - seems to be a talented young kid.

False number 9 stylee innit!

I think we can possibly see that we won’t be utilising a traditional style striker with this signing? Front three combination with rotation of players and positions?

I was on the fence about whether to get excited about Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was on the fence about whether to get excited about Saturday.
    We're going to win 4-0

People moaning, just because he has signed doesn't mean we are not going to sign a striker, it's a long season, good to see competition.

Welcome Jaden, hope you smash it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    People moaning, just because he has signed doesn't mean we are not going to sign a striker, it's a long season, good to see competition.

Not moaning here. Very much intrigued by how we are going to utilise these forwards

Ummmm.... Nobody moaning?
    Think we're all just wondering where the strikers are and rightfully so, we need two.
    I'd happily take Hugill back at this point, at least he gives us something up top. At the moment, we have f@ck all!

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Not moaning here. Very much intrigued by how we are going to utilise these forwards
    5 subs next season. It does look like we are going for a high press. I expect Morison to make a lot of use of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    5 subs next season. It does look like we are going for a high press. I expect Morison to make a lot of use of the bench.
    Yep, good point. Lots of pacey options to work against tired defenders.

any grainy YouTube footage yet?

We need a physical presence though, and we don't have one. If we're to play 3 up top, we need physical presence to spearhead that 3.
    Watters strikes me as an "off the shoulder" striker, better suited to a 4-4-2 in the way Chops worked off Bothroyd.
    Harris doesn't cut it for me, league 1 material.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Never heard of him, but seems to be a winger who scored v Swansea last year while on loan at Stoke.
    Would he have been at Aston Villa Academy when David Hughes headed it up? Might that be the link?

I hope he’s considered the possibility that the other team may replace them with not so tired defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    We need a physical presence though, and we don't have one. If we're to play 3 up top, we need physical presence to spearhead that 3.
    Watters strikes me as an "off the shoulder" striker, better suited to a 4-4-2 in the way Chops worked off Bothroyd.
    What I’d give for the prime front three of Chopra, Bothroyd & McCormack…

Agree with this apart from Harris being L1. I honestly can’t say what Harris is in this squad.

What I’d give for the prime front three of Chopra, Bothroyd & McCormack…
    Now that would have been a front 3...
    Not entirely sure Chops and McCormack could have played that system mind, but I'd have a go with that!

Ummmm.... Nobody moaning?
    Think we're all just wondering where the strikers are and rightfully so, we need two.
    I'd happily take Hugill back at this point, at least he gives us something up top. At the moment, we have f@ck all!
    Do me a favour, nobody moaning? Your first post following news of a new signing was a winge we had signed a winger followed up by trying to be funny about signing more goalkeepers. The post below yours was another moan about signing a winger.

I do agree of course we need to add more up top but to have a go because we have signed players "in the wrong order' is daft, I'm pretty sure that's not us done in the transfer market

Do me a favour, nobody moaning? Your first post following news of a new signing was a winge we had signed a winger followed up by trying to be funny about signing more goalkeepers. The post below yours was another moan about signing a winger.

I do agree of course we need to add more up top but to have a go because we have signed players "in the wrong order' is daft, I'm pretty sure that's not us done in the transfer market
    Re-read the thread my friend, nobody moaned!