+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost Living We're No Alone It's Not Brexit

Cost Living We're No Alone It's Not Brexit

German recession looms as business confidence slumps to two-year low
    Economists warn of downturn as high prices and threat of gas shortage weigh on economy

JULY 25, 2022

Re: Cost Living We're No Alone It's Not Brexit

Uh oh, he's put it on the main board

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Uh oh, he's put it on the main board
    It was probably denied access to the Politics board for obvious reasons

McDonald’s is hiking the price of its cheeseburger for the first time in 14 years as the fast-food giant passes the effect of soaring costs onto customers.

The company told UK customers on Wednesday morning that it is lifting the price of a cheeseburger from 99p to £1.19, in the latest sign of mounting pressure on consumers.

The US has plunged into recession as soaring inflation hammers the world’s largest economy.

GDP fell 0.9pc in the second quarter, according to the Commerce Department. That came after a 1.6pc decline in the first three months of the year.

The two consecutive quarters of contraction mean the US is now in a technical recession.

Personal consumption, the largest part of the economy, rose 1pc. However, this was a slowdown from the previous period.

It comes as President Joe Biden grapples with surging inflation, which last month hit 9.1pc – a 40-year high.

The Federal Reserve last night confirmed its second 75 basis-point interest rate rise in an effort to keep a lid on soaring prices. However, the move will fuel concerns about a slowdown in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The US has plunged into recession as soaring inflation hammers the world’s largest economy.

GDP fell 0.9pc in the second quarter, according to the Commerce Department. That came after a 1.6pc decline in the first three months of the year.

The two consecutive quarters of contraction mean the US is now in a technical recession.

Personal consumption, the largest part of the economy, rose 1pc. However, this was a slowdown from the previous period.

It comes as President Joe Biden grapples with surging inflation, which last month hit 9.1pc – a 40-year high.

The Federal Reserve last night confirmed its second 75 basis-point interest rate rise in an effort to keep a lid on soaring prices. However, the move will fuel concerns about a slowdown in the economy.
    LoM is back to his old tricks. The above was copied and pasted from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ergy-interest/

McDonald’s is hiking the price of its cheeseburger for the first time in 14 years as the fast-food giant passes the effect of soaring costs onto customers.

The company told UK customers on Wednesday morning that it is lifting the price of a cheeseburger from 99p to £1.19, in the latest sign of mounting pressure on consumers.
    Copied and pasted from https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...-years-3783582 or another part of that newspaper franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Copied and pasted from https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...-years-3783582 or another part of that newspaper franchise.
    Nope Telegraph.

Not ashamed of saving on typing comments garnered from news outlets and worded differently ,saves on grammar, spelling and keyboard use ..

It's a real story and we should be worried 20p is 20p

LoM is back to his old tricks. The above was copied and pasted from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ergy-interest/
    Is it false

Not ashamed of saving on typing comments garnered from news outlets and worded differently ,saves on grammar, spelling and keyboard use ..
    Pointless because you still managed to **** up the 8 word thread title

Is it false
    No, but as several posters have pointed out to you that it is good etiquette to make clear what is your own content and that which has been written by others and subsequently copied and pasted by you. It's also a flag regarding th copyright of the content concerned.

EU wide inflation rate has hit 8.9%

https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi

Latest from happy EuroZone :
    German inflation hits 8.5% as food prices jump
    Surprise increase in eurozone’s largest economy adds to pressure on ECB to continue rate rises

JULY 28, 2022

Italian long-term borrowing costs stuck near eight-year highs
    Rome sells 10-year debt near highest yield since wake of eurozone debt crisis

JULY 28, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    EU wide inflation rate has hit 8.9%

https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi
    Bloody Boris .
    Bloody Brexit.
    Bloody Putin.
    Bloody Trump .
    Bloody Biden.
    Bloody China.

Have I left anyone out.??

I know let's strike that will fix it ..

Bloody Boris .
    Bloody Brexit.
    Bloody Putin.
    Bloody Trump .
    Bloody Biden.
    Bloody China.

Have I left anyone out.??

I know let's strike that will fix it ..
    You forgot to mention The Daily Heil.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You forgot to mention The Daily Heil.
    Was in my mind bit I'm worried about upsetting some traditional lefties who are reading , quoting, and posting from it , perhaps its cheaper than Morning Star these days with more diversity. ???

What’s the point of this thread? Nobody is denying that other countries and areas are experiencing the same sort of problems as we are, but I started a thread about this

https://www.ft.com/content/ee2ce542-...d-57a8200a47ae

and asked why we were predicted to do worse than everyone bar sanctions hit Russia? Nobody was able to answer that question, but Brexit surely has to be on any list of possible reasons doesn’t it?

No, but as several posters have pointed out to you that it is good etiquette to make clear what is your own content and that which has been written by others and subsequently copied and pasted by you. It's also a flag regarding th copyright of the content concerned.
    How is is “good etiquette” , I didn’t read that in the Terms & Conditions when I last looked in ?

If it’s copyright flag, then surely the moderators should remove it then ?

It’s an unofficial messageboard not the Financial Times

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How is is “good etiquette” , I didn’t read that in the Terms & Conditions when I last looked in ?

There's another Cardiff City messageboard that regularly comes on here, lifts people's posts and then puts them on their board under someone else's name, you're happy with that are you?

Firstly, such is the etiquette regarding such things that I am not aware of any other poster on this message board not attributing content that has been copied from another source in such a way and continually. Not only is it respectful to the author concerned it makes it clear as to whether the content is the messageboard posters very own words or not - and which has a bearing as to how others may respond to the post. As TOBW states, the worst scenario is 'passing off' content as one's own.

Where did you find the t&cs? The link at the top is broken

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can't recall any T's & C's about not posting naked photos of one granny but it's surely bad etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Sorry I had you on ignore , as “you’re one of those” but felt compelled to see what you have written …. I think you know exactly what I mean , if you don’t , I can signpost you to the board’s administrators. Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's another Cardiff City messageboard that regularly comes on here, lifts people's posts and then puts them on their board under someone else's name, you're happy with that are you?
    Can't think which board you are talking about Bob

By the way on an unrelated topic don't you think Francesca ***** is a good actress?

Oh dear, I wonder what happened there.........

Oh dear wales bales and life on whatever have fecked off. They didn't get the required response. what does it take ?