+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost Living We're No Alone It's Not Brexit

Re: Cost Living We're No Alone It's Not Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Oh dear wales bales and life on whatever have fecked off. They didn't get the required response. what does it take ?
    What are you on about, I haven't even posted in this thread

The point to the thread is stop people jumping onto the " its Brexit fault bandwagon "

Eurozone economy
    German retail sales fall by largest rate on record
    AUGUST 2, 2022

Football has come home since Brexit though .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The point to the thread is stop people jumping onto the " its Brexit fault bandwagon "

Eurozone economy
    AUGUST 2, 2022

But it is Brexit's fault and it's early days yet. Hold on to your hat, it's going to be a bumpy ride! 🤮

Eurozone economy
    AUGUST 2, 2022

I think that the vast majority of posters are intelligent enough to understand that there are various factors at play regarding differnet economies around the globe and that not all negative economic news is down to Brexit. On the other hand, you seem to deflect any negative news that may indeed be due to Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What are you on about, I haven't even posted in this thread
    It never fails

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think that the vast majority of posters are intelligent enough to understand that there are various factors at play regarding differnet economies around the globe and that not all negative economic news is down to Brexit. On the other hand, you seem to deflect any negative news that may indeed be due to Brexit.
    I'm sure the majority are very intelligent , probably more than me if that's were your going .

I am not deflecting ,I am painting another picture globally that includes war , pandemic and somewhere in there is Brexit.

I am fed up of politicians and media cracking on what Brexit has caused , its done we need a vision on where we go next , not look back and moan when something goes wrong , there must exist opportunities outside of a federal bureaucrat , slow moving system , if it was that successful the world would have joined it ..

I voted to remain as there are / were risks unravelling the UK from an institution its belonged too for so long , and perhaps I listened too much to project fear

I simply have a view we could exist outside Europe , that does not make me stupid or un intelligent as its a view , too date no one has offered any startling evidence to the contrary the value of pound is okay as is the FTSE .

If this is a massive mistake , why hasn't the Labour said "this is crap, were doomed ,hold onto to yer hats were going back into Europe " elect us on that mandate please along with there silent partners Liberals and Greens ??

Or is it undemocratic turning over voters choices , as Sir Kier try to do in parliament was it 43 times ?? in the Teresa May era , hey Labour could have avoided all this and backed her at the time, instead of thinking inwards and arguing internally ????????

I'm sure the majority are very intelligent , probably more than me if that's were your going .

I am not deflecting ,I am painting another picture globally that includes war , pandemic and somewhere in there is Brexit.

I am fed up of politicians and media cracking on what Brexit has caused , its done we need a vision on where we go next , not look back and moan when something goes wrong , there must exist opportunities outside of a federal bureaucrat , slow moving system , if it was that successful the world would have joined it ..

I voted to remain as there are / were risks unravelling the UK from an institution its belonged too for so long , and perhaps I listened too much to project fear

I simply have a view we could exist outside Europe , that does not make me stupid or un intelligent as its a view , too date no one has offered any startling evidence to the contrary the value of pound is okay as is the FTSE .

If this is a massive mistake , why hasn't the Labour said "this is crap, were doomed ,hold onto to yer hats were going back into Europe " elect us on that mandate please along with there silent partners Liberals and Greens ??

Or is it undemocratic turning over voters choices , as Sir Kier try to do in parliament was it 43 times ?? in the Teresa May era , hey Labour could have avoided all this and backed her at the time, instead of thinking inwards and arguing internally ????????
    I'd fall over if you could prove to me you really voted Remain, Davy Crockett, lol! But if you really did you can console yourself you did the right thing and thank goodness you had enough wherewithal to pay attention to "Project Fear".

If you're telling the truth your conscience is clear and I will look upon you in a new light. Oh and by the way you can ditch the racoon hat now lol.

You spend a great deal of your time harping on about historical shortfalls regarding the Labour party even when the discussion doesn't involve them!

Of course you can..but don't think that the rest of the EU will bend over backwards to make life easier for you when you had all the perks before. And yes sure perks cost money. Nothing is free in this world nothing good anyway.

https://twitter.com/RichardJMurphy/s...ZNH3lZ4Pg&s=19

data from the IMF shows that the cost of living crisis isn't as bad as many countries if you're in the richest 20% - but one of the worst if you're in the poorest 20%. and the UK's gap between richer and poorer is the largest anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

data from the IMF shows that the cost of living crisis isn't as bad as many countries if you're in the richest 20% - but one of the worst if you're in the poorest 20%. and the UK's gap between richer and poorer is the largest anywhere
    I do find some of this a bit questionable. Anyone on Universal Credit is getting £650 odd quid to bills - the first amount received last month. Everyone is getting £65 off monthly bills from October. I admit, the latter disproportionately benefits the wealthy, but it also disproportionately benefits those in smaller homes, with theoretically smaller bills..ie, the poorer. Always a bit wary when there are statistical outliers like the UK and Estonia here.

Don't dispute it hits the poorer more (like everything..thats why being poor isnt good!) but still..

Gap between rich and poor in the UK matters less IF the overall standard of living is higher than those more "equal" societies. It'll be due to free market economics you raving communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Gap between rich and poor in the UK matters less IF the overall standard of living is higher than those more "equal" societies. It'll be due to free market economics you raving communist.
    OMG Adolf from Litherland has just infiltrated again Rjk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I do find some of this a bit questionable. Anyone on Universal Credit is getting £650 odd quid to bills - the first amount received last month. Everyone is getting £65 off monthly bills from October. I admit, the latter disproportionately benefits the wealthy, but it also disproportionately benefits those in smaller homes, with theoretically smaller bills..ie, the poorer. Always a bit wary when there are statistical outliers like the UK and Estonia here.

Don't dispute it hits the poorer more (like everything..thats why being poor isnt good!) but still..
    so your objection to this is you don't like it?

so your objection to this is you don't like it?
    No, I just think seeing two such clear outliers is perculiar and makes me question it somewhat, especially in light of the support I outlined - My ex (on Universal Credit) is getting more £1,000 towards bills that those not on it aren't getting for example.