+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

  1. #21

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Labour taking the left for granted again. I’ve been calling for Starmer to start talking about what he and his party is for rather than against and now he has started doing it to a tiny extent, it’s pretty depressing - he’s petrified of stepping on “middle England’s” toes.

  2. #22

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Labour taking the left for granted again. I’ve been calling for Starmer to start talking about what he and his party is for rather than against and now he has started doing it to a tiny extent, it’s pretty depressing - he’s petrified of stepping on “middle England’s” toes.
    It's easier for him though, with there being no obvious left of labour party at the moment, Socialist Alliance, Respect, various marxist groups etc all gone by the wayside. He could risk losing their votes, but more likely is he knows he has them in the bag at the moment.

  3. #23

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's easier for him though, with there being no obvious left of labour party at the moment, Socialist Alliance, Respect, various marxist groups etc all gone by the wayside. He could risk losing their votes, but more likely is he knows he has them in the bag at the moment.
    The Green Party should be thinking they’ve got a real opportunity of taking a lot of votes, especially young ones, off Labour.

  4. #24

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Green Party should be thinking they’ve got a real opportunity of taking a lot of votes, especially young ones, off Labour.
    Yeah true. I suppose I overlooked them in there, but I don't see them as conventionally left really, but yes, they could siphon off some younger ones.

    The old Labour problem of keeping both Hampstead and Hull happy..

  5. #25

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's easier for him though, with there being no obvious left of labour party at the moment, Socialist Alliance, Respect, various marxist groups etc all gone by the wayside. He could risk losing their votes, but more likely is he knows he has them in the bag at the moment.
    Yeah. I can't imagine being 'left' enough to want to risk another Tory government and Starmer is counting on people feeling that way. He might lose votes to the greens in seats they can't win.

  6. #26

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    After four straight election defeats, Labour has got nothing to be complacent about and expecting power to just fall into your lap just because the Government is crap reeks of complacency - truth is, leaving party politics aside, we’ve had a crap Government for twelve years and a pretty awful main opposition party during the same period.

  7. #27

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    After four straight election defeats, Labour has got nothing to be complacent about and expecting power to just fall into your lap just because the Government is crap reeks of complacency - truth is, leaving party politics aside, we’ve had a crap Government for twelve years and a pretty awful main opposition party during the same period.
    Truss will turn the tide..

  8. #28

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Like King Canute?

  9. #29
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    13,130

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Like King Canute?
    To be fair to Cnut, he did his defying the waves act to make a point to his sycophantic advisors. He was saying to them that he was just a man and has no supernatural power over nature - and proved it by getting his feet wet - whatever oily nonsense they said to curry favour.

  10. #30
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    13,130

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    I am no fan of Lisa Nandy - but good to see her turn up at a CWU picket line in Wigan.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-line-in-wigan

    I assume she will be instructed to apologise, and will be sacked if she doesn't?

  11. #31

    Re: Labour Turn To Implode Angela Won't Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am no fan of Lisa Nandy - but good to see her turn up at a CWU picket line in Wigan.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-line-in-wigan

    I assume she will be instructed to apologise, and will be sacked if she doesn't?
    Good for her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •