+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another rail strike announced this afternoon for 13 August.

Another rail strike announced this afternoon for 13 August.

We are due to play Birmingham at home at 12:30 that day. How are we supposed to make it to the ground for kick off if we travel by train for games? Not everyone has access to a car or even wants to drive if they own one. For me living in London, I’m not sure what I’ll do. Have just claimed a refund of my train ticket due to strike action.

Re: Another rail strike announced this afternoon for 13 August.

Megabus? Done it a few times from Cardiff to London and back. Dirt cheap and surprisingly quick. Goes to and from Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Disgrace. It goes to show that the Right Wing media are the real policy makers in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Megabus? Done it a few times from Cardiff to London and back. Dirt cheap and surprisingly quick. Goes to and from Victoria.
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. - it is definitely very cheap at £6.78 each way. But the journey isn’t quick at all. The first bus on 13/8 leaves Victoria at 07:00 and arrives in Park Place at 11:25. Very little wriggle time if delays along the route!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. - it is definitely very cheap at £6.78 each way. But the journey isn’t quick at all. The first bus on 13/8 leaves Victoria at 07:00 and arrives in Park Place at 11:25. Very little wriggle time if delays along the route!
    If it's your only option I'd snap them up at that price. There won't be many left that cheap.
    Those sort of timings are a regular occurrence for away travellers.

4hrs 25 is definitely longer than when I’ve done it. Usually it’s 3:30 or 3:45. Perhaps it stops off at an extra stop to usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Disgrace. It goes to show that the Right Wing media are the real policy makers in this country.
    Exactly, the party should have backed him, and the strikers, to the hilt. The Tories are on the ropes, it’s maybe a surprise to some how much sympathy the strikers have from the general public. The Labour Party should be piling it on, it’s so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, the party should have backed him, and the strikers, to the hilt. The Tories are on the ropes, it’s maybe a surprise to some how much sympathy the strikers have from the general public. The Labour Party should be piling it on, it’s so frustrating.
    I like Starmer but he’s not reading the country at all is he? All he does is pander to right wing thought in the media.

We are due to play Birmingham at home at 12:30 that day. How are we supposed to make it to the ground for kick off if we travel by train for games? Not everyone has access to a car or even wants to drive if they own one. For me living in London, I’m not sure what I’ll do. Have just claimed a refund of my train ticket due to strike action.
    I feel for you having travel issues. Fortunately we can drive for 20 mins and be parked up near the ground or the city centre (for home games).

Purely from a selfish point of view I hope they work normally on Aug 6th as we have trains booked to Reading.

Do they still do a football bus from the centre of town to the Madejski?

It's time this government were brought to it's knees. Bring on the winter of discontent!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It's time this government were brought to it's knees. Bring on the winter of discontent!
    it's already on it's knees ..!

International

I don't care about the man one way or the other but come on Tuerto, how can you claim it is right wing media making the decision when a labour leader sacks a labour shadow cabinet minister for breaching labour shadow cabinet rules? I honestly cannot follow that.

Maybe he just wants to wind up Angela?

International

It's getting beyond now all these strikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I use it a lot. Book early, and the tickets are very cheap. You can get to most places from Victoria, on the Underground. Used if for Fulham, Chelsea, QPR, Millwall, Charlton, etc. Stay over in Pimlico sometimes.

Rail workers paid for 2yrs doing feck all, and they expect a ridiculous pay rise. Feck em!

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Rail workers paid for 2yrs doing feck all, and they expect a ridiculous pay rise. Feck em!
    I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I despair.
    I despair too mate. The race to the bottom comes to mind here
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't care about the man one way or the other but come on Tuerto, how can you claim it is right wing media making the decision when a labour leader sacks a labour shadow cabinet minister for breaching labour shadow cabinet rules? I honestly cannot follow that.

Maybe he just wants to wind up Angela?
    Because thats how contemporary left wing logic works.

We are correct.
    We must be correct.

Anyone who doesn't agree by default is wrong and to not see it, they must be coerced or deceived by something.

That coercion is the evil right wing media, deceiving people. That's the only way people can not see things as we see them.

Swap the right wing media for the devil and in terms of a view of the world, many haven't moved on from the salem witch trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Assuming you're alluding to furlough/covid, weren't the trains still running?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Because thats how contemporary left wing logic works.

We are correct.
    We must be correct.

Anyone who doesn't agree by default is wrong and to not see it, they must be coerced or deceived by something.

That coercion is the evil right wing media, deceiving people. That's the only way people can not see things as we see them.

Swap the right wing media for the devil and in terms of a view of the world, many haven't moved on from the salem witch trials.
    Stop talking total bollocks jimbo. The right wing media are incredibly influential in this country. They can make or break a government, and they don't like workers sticking up for themselves. Starmer is pandering to them. You'd think that the person he had sacked had been hanging about school gates with a puppy and a bag of sweets the way supporting workers is treated in this country by the right. He was sacked for saying that rail workers deserve a fair deal, opposed to the government that starmer is supposed to be opposed to! He's a massive wanker, a coward, and he's doing the right wingers bidding for them.

Stop talking total bollocks jimbo. The right wing media are incredibly influential in this country. They can make or break a government, and they don't like workers sticking up for themselves. Starmer is pandering to them. You'd think that the person he had sacked had been hanging about school gates with a puppy and a bag of sweets the way supporting workers is treated in this country by the right. He was sacked for saying that rail workers deserve a fair deal, opposed to the government that starmer is supposed to be opposed to! He's a massive wanker, a coward, and he's doing the right wingers bidding for them.
    I agree with some of that (although its nonsense to say workers are treated badly by "the right" - the minimum wage was increased far more by the current government, and they also tend to actually get more workers in work..but I digress..) but a Labour leader just sacked a Labour MP for breaking party rules. You turning that into an attack on "the right" sounds like something from Pravda in the 1950s.

Not everything must be viewed entirely through the very imperfect prism of left and right.

Love the outrage as a matter of interest who will Labours voters vote for if Sir Bier is all in but name a Tory ?

Angela's love kitten was a bit of a lose cannon and the face of the Corbynista 's .. I can see him and Angela running this country very soon ,could be the first couple to be the leader and deputy leader of our glorious Labour party...

Transport for Wales train drivers will not be on strike so trains will run as normal in Wales as far as the driving side of it is concerned 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Transport for Wales train drivers will not be on strike so trains will run as normal in Wales as far as the driving side of it is concerned 👍
    Fecking heroes to a man , greedy bloody English overpaid train drivers . Send our lads across the bridge to show them how to work instead of this spiteful industrial action by a group that are very well paid and enjoy fabulous work conditions and healthy pensions ,unlike those people on far less that are effected and need trains to get to work ..