Some good replies from people who have been in your position, I have done the same and am greatful I took the risk and opportunity's when I did.

Life and work are a ladder, you start at the bottom where it’s pretty safe and steady, but it gets boring, and your lifestyle will stay pretty poor unless you try and work your way up. You're ready for the next step and you'll need to keep moving up and stepping out of your comfort zone in the future, if you want a nice house and to provide for your future family.

What I like about your situation is that you’re moving from a boring job that anyone can do, to a skilled future proof job and the need for your role and experience is likely to grow significantly, whereas computers and robots will take over the majority of your existing work at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Once qualified the World is your Lobster and you can either come back to Wales or travel the World as your skills will be in demand, just do it and don't look back, you'll soon make new friends!