+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Leaving Wales for work

Re: OT - Leaving Wales for work

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The advice has been amazing, it was basically exactly what I needed to hear, and the same stuff I would tell someone if they had asked me the same question.

After reading all the replies I had fully committed to the role, which deep down I new I wanted.

What I did not mention in my post, was I posted it the day of my interview, while I was still up in Cumbria. The interview went really well, and I was confident. I posted the question on here, because everything was really fresh and I was overthinking a lot.

Unfortunately, I had an e-mail this morning, said all the rights things but that they regret to tell me I was unsuccessful.

To be honest, I am surprised and gutted, I genuinely believed it was nailed on due the feedback after my interview.
    I believed the fact they were asking me about my living preferences and what allowances they would offer me, was a conversation you would only have after they are successful.

I think ultimately it came down to the fact the other candidates were living local, and did not require relocation.

Either way I am happy I went for it, and more determined to find other exciting opportunities for the future now.
    All happened for a reason Chris, be determined, something out of the blue will fall in your lap. Some great advice on this thread, follow your dreams kid

You did the right thing. Don’t make the mistake of thinking another opportunity is just around the corner life doesn’t work like that.

Yes you would have been out of your comfort zone but new opportunities mean meeting new and interesting people, your social life changing for the better and your career growing. On to the next one!

Go for it! I moved to Germany when I was 25 years old, no internet, no whatsapp etc. but took the plunge. everyone's different but for me it's clear the only person who helps you is you yourself. I write this from my second home in France a result of many years of busting my tits. Good luck Bluebird and throw everything behind it!