+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Energy Price Cap latest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Energy Price Cap latest

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Hang on the world is warming why do we need to insulate ??

Seriously? After 40 degree temperatures last week? You want to know why we should insulate?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seriously? After 40 degree temperatures last week? You want to know why we should insulate?
    He's a massive Pleb. He doesn't realise that good insulation keeps energy in the property, and that it also keeps the house cool during hot days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a massive Pleb. He doesn't realise that good insulation keeps energy in the property, and that it also keeps the house cool during hot days.

Yes a lot of the summer heat comes in through the attic, if it's really hot upstairs in the summer, you can see how much heat is escaping the other way in the winter.

I did a 2.5 year fix up until March 2024 the longest deal I could get, i'm so glad I did, hopefully by then the worst will have past.

Is there any reason at all electricity has gone up too? We get barely any gas from Russia, 5% was it? They are taking us all for mugs I reckon.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is there any reason at all electricity has gone up too? We get barely any gas from Russia, 5% was it? They are taking us all for mugs I reckon.
    They use gas to generate electricity

British Gas owner Centrica and Shell see profits soar as bills rise https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62330190

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    British Gas owner Centrica and Shell see profits soar as bills rise https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62330190
    Government should hit them with a windfall tax and use that to fund a cost of living support scheme