+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Celebrity Mocky Sports Enthusiasts

Celebrity Mocky Sports Enthusiasts

Anyone else get pissed off by these? It’s been awash with them during the women’s Euros, giving their views on England’s opponents when they’ve really no clue about the English players. Lenny Henry today talking about the Commonwealth Games was asked if he was sporty as a kid, he wasn’t (and obviously isn’t now) yet his false knowledge was annoying. He finished by imploring the English women’s football team to ‘Kick some butt’ on Sunday. ‘Kick some butt’????? Nauseating.

Re: Celebrity Mocky Sports Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone else get pissed off by these? It’s been awash with them during the women’s Euros, giving their views on England’s opponents when they’ve really no clue about the English players. Lenny Henry today talking about the Commonwealth Games was asked if he was sporty as a kid, he wasn’t (and obviously isn’t now) yet his false knowledge was annoying. He finished by imploring the English women’s football team to ‘Kick some butt’ on Sunday. ‘Kick some butt’????? Nauseating.
    It happens all the time - think back to when we had modest success or achievements the number of z list celebs coming out in faux support - ffs we had an extra 10k supporters that are no where to be seen now we are not in the prem

What fecks me off the most (maybe an exaggeration 🤣🤣) is that England have adopted sweet Caroline when Northern Ireland have used this for a while and do a far better job of it - engerlaaaand steal everything

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It happens all the time - think back to when we had modest success or achievements the number of z list celebs coming out in faux support - ffs we had an extra 10k supporters that are no where to be seen now we are not in the prem

What fecks me off the most (maybe an exaggeration ����) is that England have adopted sweet Caroline when Northern Ireland have used this for a while and do a far better job of it - engerlaaaand steal everything
    The Boston Red Sox have been playing it at their games for 24 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Boston Red Sox have been playing it at their games for 24 years.
    I know Northern Ireland weren't the originators but from a footballing perspective that was the first time I heard it consistently sang - that's all I was trying to say 👍 I am sure I have seen an American football team adopt it but can't remember who

Circle of control mate, circle of control haha

Claire Balding asked Lenny Henry if he had tickets for any of the events - no. Not really a sporty person but does like athletics a bit.
    Wtf was he doing there?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Claire Balding asked Lenny Henry if he had tickets for any of the events - no. Not really a sporty person but does like athletics a bit.
    Wtf was he doing there?
    Was it on the BBC?
    If so, the answer to your question about why Lenny was there is..he's from Brum...and he's black.

Bored shitless

And it hasn't even started yet

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Was it on the BBC?
    If so, the answer to your question about why Lenny was there is..he's from Brum...and he's black.
    He's not from Brum - he's from Dudley. He said that plenty of people made him aware of that when he was carrying the baton🙂

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Was it on the BBC?
    He's a fairly funny .....or was a fairly funny fecker from Birmingham

And that's it

Who cares?

Wait till Sunday, how many fu**ing times will they mention 1966 !!!!!!