+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Connected scarf

Connected scarf

Would you wear one if our club were giving them out?

https://www.mancity.com/club/partner...onnected-scarf

Re: Connected scarf

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but **** no. That's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Would you wear one if our club were giving them out?

https://www.mancity.com/club/partner...onnected-scarf
    No

No, I already know Cardiff City will be the death of me, I don’t need it confirmed.

No. I already turn off as much traceability as possible.

I thought the thread was going to be about my Chasetown:Cardiff scarf!

Grealish looked enthused

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Grealish looked enthused
    Probably more confused than enthused.

I think this kind of technology is really interesting. The blurb in the link is a load of cheesy stuff about fans and pashun but the tech is useful from a medical monitoring point of view.

Photoplethysmography (PPG) is an uncomplicated and inexpensive optical measurement method that is often used for heart rate monitoring purposes. PPG is a non-invasive technology that uses a light source and a photodetector at the surface of skin to measure the volumetric variations of blood circulation. Recently, there has been much interest from numerous researchers around the globe to extract further valuable information from the PPG signal in addition to heart rate estimation and pulse oxymetry readings. PPG signal’s second derivative wave contains important health-related information. Thus, analysis of this waveform can help researchers and clinicians to evaluate various cardiovascular-related diseases such as atherosclerosis and arterial stiffness. Moreover, investigating the second derivative wave of PPG signal can also assist in early detection and diagnosis of various cardiovascular illnesses that may possibly appear later in life. For early recognition and analysis of such illnesses, continuous and real-time monitoring is an important approach that has been enabled by the latest technological advances in sensor technology and wireless communications

Source: National Library of Medicine

The EDA monitor measures stress levels. The accelerometer sensor is self-explantory as is the temperature monitor. Put all this data together and correlate this against weight and height and you've a highly efficient early-warning system of heart conditions, general fitness, resting heart rate etc. It won't measure if you're having a cardiac arrest but additional sensors or algorithms can be used as an ECG for checking heart rhythm.

Some of this stuff is already on your iPhone and if you wear an Apple Watch (I do for all kinds of reason including all of the above and it also measures if I fall and am immobile and sends a message to emergency services and/or carer) then it's really no big deal.

As obesity is a problem amongst football supporters and with alcohol consumption and amphetamine use on the rise, they could be real wake-up-calls at the least and life-savers at the most.

I think it's pretty f*cking amazing that this kind of technology is available tbh.

No. I have bad memories of football clubs giving out free scarves..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Shudder

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If only they were predictors of PTSD. Actually, thinking about it, that's just a regular CCFC scarf sans sensor!

This looks great, I have ordered one