+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking The Knee

Re: Taking The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Henry VIII did though!

Attachment 5038
    Is that real Jon? It looks like a Cosplay Convention item or that someone's' been left unsupervised on Photoshop!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Is that real Jon? It looks like a Cosplay Convention item or that someone's' been left unsupervised on Photoshop!
    https://royalarmouries.org/stories/o...horned-helmet/

Bloody hell that's freaky. I guess those pageants were ye olde Cosplay Conventions after all. He used to wear armour that...over compensated too!

4r6vpak5clz51.jpg

Bloody hell that's freaky. I guess those pageants were ye olde Cosplay Conventions after all. He used to wear armour that...over compensated too!

4r6vpak5clz51.jpg
    This is how I picture Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    From the Mail link the above poster has kindly sourced I do like Sir Les's view :

""QPR made the decision to do so in September 2020, with director of football Les Ferdinand saying at the time that the gesture was 'little more than good PR'.""

As the article states and as my views football authorities to feck all and the gesture gets them off the hook... pathetic..

God bless the Mail
    The irony of your final sentence in this thread.... A paper who's target market is racists.

You're right about Grangetown. I guess it just feels so close because it's only about a 30-40 minute walk to the stadium for me. I mentioned to someone yesterday that Grangetown reminds me of living in London in many respects. Maybe that last question was badly phrased, but for me, it's quite a culture shock to suddenly be surrounded by a lack of diversity when I get there (except on the pitch of course).

The other weird part for me is I never think of the stadium as being in Canton even though it is. I technically lived in The Bay for almost a decade when I came back from London but so close to Bute Street that it, too, felt diverse and we walked to the stadium via Clare Road and then through Grangetown. Even in Grangetown, we're close to Riverside and Taff Embankment so it all feels lumped together.

I'd always seen Canton as being fairly diverse but maybe I'm wrong about that?
    The stadium is definitely in Leckwith..

I don’t mind if players take the knee. I also don’t mind if players dont. It highlights racism still exists, but doesn’t really do anything about it imo

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This is how I picture Sludge
    You know how that comes across, right....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You know how that comes across, right....
    Yes, I was rather hoping the thread would die a slow death..

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...nt-taking-knee

Cardiff City Football Club and its First Team playing squad and staff will continue to observe the taking of the knee ahead of fixtures this season.

Members of Cardiff City’s First Team squad have asked for it to be reiterated to supporters on the eve of the season that this is not a political gesture, but because they wish to help keep the conversation around racism, inequality and discrimination in football and wider society moving forward.

Cardiff City Football Club remains unwaveringly committed to combating all forms of racism, inequality and discrimination that sadly continue to plague our sport. We ask all supporters to respect the taking of the knee, or indeed the decision of our opponents not to take the knee should this be their choice.

If you experience any form of racial or discriminatory abuse at Cardiff City Stadium or on the road this season, please feel safe and supported in contacting the Club to report this. You can email club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or text 07554 158 224 and a member of our support staff will get back to you.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-knee-24626777

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The stadium is definitely in Leckwith..

I don’t mind if players take the knee. I also don’t mind if players dont. It highlights racism still exists, but doesn’t really do anything about it imo
    Well, I still kind of feel that the CCS is in a retail park and we played our friendlies at Leckwith. It's CF11 and I'm CF11 and according to Google 1.2 miles from the centre circle! None of this is the issue anyway, it's that I still feel we could get maybe a few thousand more local supporters and create a more diverse fanbase which I think will be good for the club and would go some way to 'doing something about racism' by us rubbing shoulders, sitting next to and talking to people who are dealing with it every day. Then hopefully, we don't have to have players taking the knee or kick it out.

F*ck, it, I'm throwing world peace in there too.

Anyway it keeps this thread alive and a reminder to everyone that James Wales fantasises about Sludge's codpiece.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 29-07-22 at 18:40. Reason: Grammer and fear of a D-

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...nt-taking-knee

Cardiff City Football Club and its First Team playing squad and staff will continue to observe the taking of the knee ahead of fixtures this season.

Members of Cardiff City’s First Team squad have asked for it to be reiterated to supporters on the eve of the season that this is not a political gesture, but because they wish to help keep the conversation around racism, inequality and discrimination in football and wider society moving forward.

Cardiff City Football Club remains unwaveringly committed to combating all forms of racism, inequality and discrimination that sadly continue to plague our sport. We ask all supporters to respect the taking of the knee, or indeed the decision of our opponents not to take the knee should this be their choice.

If you experience any form of racial or discriminatory abuse at Cardiff City Stadium or on the road this season, please feel safe and supported in contacting the Club to report this. You can email club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or text 07554 158 224 and a member of our support staff will get back to you.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-knee-24626777

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We were not the only country involved in slavery !

The Vikings were doing far worse, years before this country got involved !

People can’t keep going back to the past !

Now and the future are more important
    That’s Armistice day, Christmas and triangle corner flags ****ed then

Would feel really proud if we were the last team still to do this. If it was right last season, it is this season.

Makes me proud….Cardiff taking the knee…the jerks are not. Tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Makes me proud….Cardiff taking the knee…the jerks are not. Tells you all you need to know.
    Superb post!

I'm more than happy for City to continue doing this as it keeps boiling the piss of all the "no politics in muh sports" crowd, even though the teams still doing it stress that it's NOT a political gesture.

And even then, as someone said if they abide by that logic than all their beloved Poppy-wankery would have to go, too.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    I'm more than happy for City to continue doing this as it keeps boiling the piss of all the "no politics in muh sports" crowd, even though the teams still doing it stress that it's NOT a political gesture.

And even then, as someone said if they abide by that logic than all their beloved Poppy-wankery would have to go, too.

Ha ha, love it. Another great post 👍

Well done City

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

Exactly.