+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portsmouth tickets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Portsmouth tickets

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Apparently the club didn't know they were available online and they were not going on sale until 2.00pm today. They must therefore have taken them off sale until then. However, i have mine plus an e-mail receipt for the money and the ticket is showing in my ticket account. Very strange situation.
    We knew the draw 2 weeks ago, why it's taking us until 8 days before the game to put tickets on sale is baffling. Why not have them available to buy before Saturday's game so people not too tech savvy could've bought them in person at the ticket office?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    We knew the draw 2 weeks ago, why it's taking us until 8 days before the game to put tickets on sale is baffling. Why not have them available to buy before Saturday's game so people not too tech savvy could've bought them in person at the ticket office?
    It is not unusual for tickets for a cup game to be put on sale a week before the game and I would imagine that they had plenty of other things to worry about with the season having just started. Apparently they were always due to put them on sale at 2.00pm today but the unusual thing is that someone must have made them ‘live’ on the website early and without telling the ticket office staff.

It is not unusual for tickets for a cup game to be put on sale a week before the game and I would imagine that they had plenty of other things to worry about with the season having just started. Apparently they were always due to put them on sale at 2.00pm today but the unusual thing is that someone must have made them ‘live’ on the website early and without telling the ticket office staff.
    It just seems odd they were on sale to Portsmouth fans before Saturday's match and not to Cardiff fans. That meant there was no announcements or advertising during the match when there were 18,000 Cardiff fans present

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It just seems odd they were on sale to Portsmouth fans before Saturday's match and not to Cardiff fans. That meant there was no announcements or advertising during the match when there were 18,000 Cardiff fans present
    I think there was an announcement right at the end (not sure about half time as I didn't stay in my seat). I'm not excusing the club, it's always poor for cup matches and we have this same discussion every year.

In the past, I've bought tickets for mates no problem, but looking at the website it says something about only being able to purchase one. I think all of this is a mess tbh and is just confusing. I might even leave it until next Tuesday night now.

You're right about the Portsmouth tickets going on sale to their supporters. World's gone mad a tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think there was an announcement right at the end (not sure about half time as I didn't stay in my seat). I'm not excusing the club, it's always poor for cup matches and we have this same discussion every year.

In the past, I've bought tickets for mates no problem, but looking at the website it says something about only being able to purchase one. I think all of this is a mess tbh and is just confusing. I might even leave it until next Tuesday night now.

You're right about the Portsmouth tickets going on sale to their supporters. World's gone mad a tell ya!
    Much easier for the away team to deal with their sales. Their area of the ground is fixed and the number of tickets known straight away and sent on to them, so they could start selling immediately. In our case we have to decide the areas of the ground to be open, pricing structures, allocation between different groups of supporters and actually deal with the full organisation of the match. There is still over a week to go before the game as well. It is very easy to criticise the ticket office system here but few, if any, of us know how it actually works or how busy they have been dealing with season tickets and general league match sales. Also, I would imagine that the staff are generally quite young and on the lower end of the wage scale, so continually telling them they are useless is not the way to go. It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a ticket was to go and queue up around the ground and tickets would be printed by a third party who had to deliver them to the club. Now everyone can buy their own tickets online, load them onto their phones and the club can print their own paper ones as well. Dealing with our fan base cant be easy either, if some of the questions raised on here and general complaints/comments are anything to go by !

Much easier for the away team to deal with their sales. Their area of the ground is fixed and the number of tickets known straight away and sent on to them, so they could start selling immediately. In our case we have to decide the areas of the ground to be open, pricing structures, allocation between different groups of supporters and actually deal with the full organisation of the match. There is still over a week to go before the game as well. It is very easy to criticise the ticket office system here but few, if any, of us know how it actually works or how busy they have been dealing with season tickets and general league match sales. Also, I would imagine that the staff are generally quite young and on the lower end of the wage scale, so continually telling them they are useless is not the way to go. It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a ticket was to go and queue up around the ground and tickets would be printed by a third party who had to deliver them to the club. Now everyone can buy their own tickets online, load them onto their phones and the club can print their own paper ones as well. Dealing with our fan base cant be easy either, if some of the questions raised on here and general complaints/comments are anything to go by !
    With respect to the ticket staff, I think you're overestimating the effort required to set up the ticketing for the Portsmouth game. These types of cup games have consistently attracted 5k-8k crowds for years so it's not like a whole new plan is needed for sales, security, merchandise, allocations, etc.
    As you've said, buying tickets is as easy as clicking a virtual seat and using a credit card. The ticket office just need to say keep blocks 105/106 open and blocks 103/104 closed.

I'm not saying that within an hour of the draw we should be able to buy tickets and select our seats but at least have it available for Saturday's game. By delaying this long the club have missed a period when there were 18,000 City fans within spitting distance of the ticket office with hundreds going in to purchase tickets anyways.