+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Portsmouth tickets

Re: Portsmouth tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Where did it all go wrong? The League Cup is FUBR. Better off calling it the EFL Cup, exclude the PL clubs, Final at Wembley & a place in Europe for the Winners
    I’d like to see a similar format to Scotland’s second cup.

Pre season groups of 4, everyone plays 3 games and home/away is done by luck of the draw. Also seeded by region so teams playing away are only travelling a short distance.
    Whittle it down to 32 teams and then do straight knock outs.

Would also mean teams get a better chance at cross division local derbies, for example we could be drawn against Bristol Rovers or Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    You should be able to get a link sent to you by SMS so you can add it to your apple/google wallet.

The ticket I bought was level 4 hospitality in the grand stand. And now tickets have gone live they are not selling in that area. So I have a receipt and a ticket downloaded to my phone for an area that's not open.

Great point by someone earlier about selling after the game on Saturday. There was a massive queue for the club shop with people in line outside a closed ticket office.
    I thought level 4 was closed this year Mike ?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Where did it all go wrong?
    Has it all gone wrong? Or do Championship clubs like Cardiff treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Has it all gone wrong? Or do Championship clubs like Cardiff treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason?
    I think Championship clubs treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason. It's a shame, I still get excited about cup games. It's the cool thing to sh*t on them these days. I'm looking forward to tonight.

Forest took them seriously last season and scalped a few. I think it helped them from a psychological point of view in the league in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think Championship clubs treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason. It's a shame, I still get excited about cup games. It's the cool thing to sh*t on them these days. I'm looking forward to tonight.

Forest took them seriously last season and scalped a few. I think it helped them from a psychological point of view in the league in the end.
    Completely agree with this. This tweet was near the top of my feed this morning...

https://twitter.com/DanCCFC_/status/...C9pd2-nZorAAAA

...and the amount of likes and people agreeing with it enforces your point that it's cool to sh*t on cup ties. Frustrates the f*ck out of me to be honest- I'm not sure if these 'fans' are too young to remember 2012 or 2008, but they were fun times that we should be doing our all to get back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Completely agree with this. This tweet was near the top of my feed this morning...

...and the amount of likes and people agreeing with it enforces your point that it's cool to sh*t on cup ties. Frustrates the f*ck out of me to be honest- I'm not sure if these 'fans' are too young to remember 2012 or 2008, but they were fun times that we should be doing our all to get back to.
    Totally agree.

I also think it's counter-productive personally. Whilst theoretically more games can lead to more injuries and more tiredness etc, winning teams also help to build momentum and fan interest. Our recent cup games have been dire, played before 4-5000 and losing. Does no good at all.

I would make a few changes, but otherwise send a strong team out against Pompey and try and make a go of a decent cup run.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Totally agree.

I also think it's counter-productive personally. Whilst theoretically more games can lead to more injuries and more tiredness etc, winning teams also help to build momentum and fan interest. Our recent cup games have been dire, played before 4-5000 and losing. Does no good at all.

I would make a few changes, but otherwise send a strong team out against Pompey and try and make a go of a decent cup run.
    Definitely- make it a springboard for a positive season as opposed to seeing it as a negative.

Just had an email from the club saying there's a match on and there's still time to secure tickets for tonight. Fire their Marketing Director and sales team and start again with a fresh approach!

Just had an email from the club saying there's a match on and there's still time to secure tickets for tonight. Fire their Marketing Director and sales team and start again with a fresh approach!
    Fancy a job share? We'd smash it I'm sure!

Agreed. We’ve been bad at advertising tickets and the club as a whole for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Agreed. We’ve been bad at advertising tickets and the club as a whole for years.
    always have been

We have a Marketing Director? That's news.
    Strange but true. My daughter's last boss was formerly a director at Scunthorpe United. Suffice to say, she is looking for a management role in marketing as the place he is now in charge of may well go into administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought level 4 was closed this year Mike ?
    Level 4 of the grandstand is open this year. But not for tonight. But they did briefly put tickets on sale for it by mistake. I had to cancel mine and get ordinary grandstand tickets for tonight instead.

Fancy a job share? We'd smash it I'm sure!
    Job sharing is the future. You've won me over!