+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth tickets

Re: Portsmouth tickets

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All this bearing in mind that you said categorically in about 2013 that you were never going again and on numerous occasions in the intervening period have denied that you were attending games. Very interesting. Perhaps the club wouldn't have been quite so quick to invite you to a game as a guest, had they known the amount of vitriol you had been continually spouting about Messrs Tan, Dalman and Choo. No doubt you kept your feelings very quiet whilst you enjoyed their food, drink and hospitality (not to mention the free match ticket) and did a suitable amount of ‘brown nosing’, so as not to break your cover. Tad hypocritical don't you think, from a bloke who goes around accusing other people of lying or making things up on a regular basis on this forum.
    It's difficult to know where to start in response to this twaddle, so I'll take it in the order it was written.....

I never said that I wouldn't attend matches again. On the contrary, I actually said I may return to support the club at some point in the future, but I stated I wouldn't support the side while it was wearing its rebranded red home kit, and I didn't. Not once. As mentioned above, my first game post-rebrand was away at Fulham in August 2016, some seven months after Vincent Tan had bitten the bullet and returned the team to its rightful colours.

Back in 2012, I did say I wouldn't put another penny into the club while Vincent Tan was the owner and, apart from buying a few rounds at the CCS from time to time, that's a vow I maintained for a decade. However, I took the decision to buy a season ticket for the 2022/23 campaign back in March, oddly enough following the thrill-a-minute 0-0 draw with Preston at the CCS. I greatly enjoy the days out with my mates and I'm pretty certain that attending matches more regularly will aid both my mental health and general wellbeing, so it felt like the right thing to do. 2021 was a tough year for me on a personal level and the early part of 2022 wasn't great either, but things have improved in recent months and I'm very much looking forward to spending lots more time with my football friends during the coming season.

If you are so minded, you can read exactly what I wrote about the rebrand here:

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.co...lour_1920.html

At no stage have I ever denied that I was attending matches following the game at Fulham in August 2016. That's simply a figment of your imagination. Indeed, I've engaged in many conversations on this board regarding the matches I've attended and have talked to numerous message board users at those games. It's never been any sort of a secret that I've been going to matches when offered spare tickets by my friends.

Turning to the club's invitation to attend the Burton game in January 2017 (my first home game post-rebrand), you can rest assured the people at the CCS who issued that invitation knew exactly who I was. I've known them for many years. They also asked me to write a tribute to my late friend for the match programme and asked me to supply some photos of him that were displayed on the big screens. My tribute to him was read out on the pitch at half-time. There was no free food or drink involved, and no opportunity to engage in 'brown-nosing' with Messrs Tan or Dalman either. As usual, they weren't at the game.

As for Ken Choo, I've never said anything vitriolic about him. I've met Ken twice, briefly on both occasions, and he seems nice enough. A couple of friends who have regular dealings with him say good things about the man and I've no reason to question those opinions. The fact is that Ken Choo is merely an employee of Vincent Tan's, although it should be said that he appears to have done some good things at the club during his time here and he played a key role in reversing Tan's ridiculous rebrand, so he's alright with me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    My first game post-rebrand was away at Fulham in August 2016. I sat in the so-called neutral section. It was good fun, an entertaining 2-2 draw.

My first home game post-rebrand was Burton in January 2017, a 1-0 win with a late Rhys Healey goal. I was a guest of the club following the death of a close friend (the late, great Dr Pop).

Been to plenty of home games since then, and a handful of aways, but I’ve recently bought a season ticket for the first time in a decade.
    Welcome back TLG

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Welcome back TLG
    Thanks Chris.

While I don't feel anywhere near the same about the club as I did prior to 2012, I'm really looking forward to this season. It feels like anything could happen. I know we can say that about most seasons, especially at Championship level, but for obvious reasons this one seems much more unpredictable than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks Chris.

While I don't feel anywhere near the same about the club as I did prior to 2012, I'm really looking forward to this season. It feels like anything could happen. I know we can say that about most seasons, especially at Championship level, but for obvious reasons this one seems much more unpredictable than usual.
    I know I said it before but welcome back Dave.
    Thanks to people like yourself we play in blue at home.
    I wish I had your conviction ,look forward to seeing you this season.
    Glad your mental health has improved life can be hard at times we are all fighting our own battles on a daily basis even if we try to put a brave face on it, it only improves if you face it and speak out.

Going down the City and having a few beers with your mates is what, it's all about
    Those of us like you who were there when we were really shite don't need to justify anything about support to anyone
    Good to see you back👍

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I know I said it before but welcome back Dave.
    Thanks to people like yourself we play in blue at home.
    I wish I had your conviction ,look forward to seeing you this season.
    Glad your mental health has improved life can be hard at times we are all fighting our own battles on a daily basis even if we try to put a brave face on it, it only improves if you face it and speak out.
    Very well said

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Going down the City and having a few beers with your mates is what, it's all about
    Those of us like you who were there when we were really shite don't need to justify anything about support to anyone
    Good to see you back👍
    Agree, welcome back TLG. Would be nice if some of my friends who no longer go would also come back too , maybe eventually

Guys TLG isnt a politician. Hes allowed to do big u turns and change his mind.

Ok he may have spent years telling everyone he would never spend a penny at the club while tan was around because of his principles but he is entitled to drop them and change his mind and accept he was wrong to be saying those things. Good on him!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Good to see you back��
    Spot on

Tickets are on sale on the Cardiff website. Just not for public viewing.

You have to sign in to your online ticketing account, go to your account details and then click 'Buy Available Products'

Not having them visible on the front facing website could have an effect on online sales as people won't know to log in and look

You have to sign in to your online ticketing account, go to your account details and then click 'Buy Available Products'

Not having them visible on the front facing website could have an effect on online sales as people won't know to log in and look

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Thanks for that. It's been driving me crazy. I looked again this morning and couldn't see anything. They've always had them easily available in the past so I don't get why they're hiding them away. I'm sure we've had emails with links too. Do they want our money? It's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Thanks for that. It's been driving me crazy. I looked again this morning and couldn't see anything. They've always had them easily available in the past so I don't get why they're hiding them away. I'm sure we've had emails with links too. Do they want our money? It's odd.
    Looks like three blocks of the Ninian Stand are open and they've not sold any yet.

Looks like three blocks of the Ninian Stand are open and they've not sold any yet.
    Thanks Mike. We played Portsmouth in the Carabao in 2017(?) and the whole of the Grandstand (both sides) were available and there was a good crowd (that's how I remember it anyway). Warnock put out a decent side (for a change) that night. We scored all three goals in a a 2-1 win (Morrison scored an OG). Shame there's no buzz about this one.

Edit: Portsmouth brought a big crowd too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes, very odd, but I just got my ticket. Thanks Mike

3 blocks in the Ninian. 2 in the Canton and Family and 3 in the Grandstand.
    Seems odd to spread people out so much. It would presumably be cheaper to have 4 blocks in the Ninian open and keep the family stand closed.

To be fair, it’s hardly the most baffling thing the club have done in recent years.

Strange way of marketing a football match.

Just seen it’s only 25 quid for a ticket in the diamond suites on Level 3. I’ve never been, can anyone say what comes with the ticket and if it’s worth it?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Just seen it’s only 25 quid for a ticket in the diamond suites on Level 3. I’ve never been, can anyone say what comes with the ticket and if it’s worth it?
    Cheers
    Luxury heated toilets with concierge. Waitress service including someone who tops up your tea or coffee with hot water out of a kettle, as the water machine only half fills the cups ! If you complain about that over the other side, they look at you as if you are mad. How the other half live eh !!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Cheers
    Luxury heated toilets with concierge. Waitress service including someone who tops up your tea or coffee with hot water out of a kettle, as the water machine only half fills the cups ! If you complain about that over the other side, they look at you as if you are mad. How the other half live eh !!
    Plus, you can have your lukewarm lager/cider/beer in a glass

Untitled1.jpg

Mine aren't in the list on that section- any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Untitled1.jpg

Mine aren't in the list on that section- any ideas?

Not available for me either

Come on City. Get your sh*t together. D'ya want our money or what?

Apparently the club didn't know they were available online and they were not going on sale until 2.00pm today. They must therefore have taken them off sale until then. However, i have mine plus an e-mail receipt for the money and the ticket is showing in my ticket account. Very strange situation.

Apparently the club didn't know they were available online and they were not going on sale until 2.00pm today. They must therefore have taken them off sale until then. However, i have mine plus an e-mail receipt for the money and the ticket is showing in my ticket account. Very strange situation.
    We knew the draw 2 weeks ago, why it's taking us until 8 days before the game to put tickets on sale is baffling. Why not have them available to buy before Saturday's game so people not too tech savvy could've bought them in person at the ticket office?