+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth tickets

Re: Portsmouth tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    We knew the draw 2 weeks ago, why it's taking us until 8 days before the game to put tickets on sale is baffling. Why not have them available to buy before Saturday's game so people not too tech savvy could've bought them in person at the ticket office?
    It is not unusual for tickets for a cup game to be put on sale a week before the game and I would imagine that they had plenty of other things to worry about with the season having just started. Apparently they were always due to put them on sale at 2.00pm today but the unusual thing is that someone must have made them ‘live’ on the website early and without telling the ticket office staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It is not unusual for tickets for a cup game to be put on sale a week before the game and I would imagine that they had plenty of other things to worry about with the season having just started. Apparently they were always due to put them on sale at 2.00pm today but the unusual thing is that someone must have made them ‘live’ on the website early and without telling the ticket office staff.
    It just seems odd they were on sale to Portsmouth fans before Saturday's match and not to Cardiff fans. That meant there was no announcements or advertising during the match when there were 18,000 Cardiff fans present

It just seems odd they were on sale to Portsmouth fans before Saturday's match and not to Cardiff fans. That meant there was no announcements or advertising during the match when there were 18,000 Cardiff fans present
    I think there was an announcement right at the end (not sure about half time as I didn't stay in my seat). I'm not excusing the club, it's always poor for cup matches and we have this same discussion every year.

In the past, I've bought tickets for mates no problem, but looking at the website it says something about only being able to purchase one. I think all of this is a mess tbh and is just confusing. I might even leave it until next Tuesday night now.

You're right about the Portsmouth tickets going on sale to their supporters. World's gone mad a tell ya!

It's frustrating as hell that I, and I'd imagine hundreds, maybe even thousands of others, left the CCS on Saturday high on the joys of football, keen to get back down as soon as possible, only to have a look online to find not only tickets not on sale for the Portsmouth game, but not even any news on the website as to when they'll be on sale. The club have massively missed a trick, but as has been mentioned several times already, nothing new there!

Cardiff City is run like toilet

Always the same

Just to add. The online sales and marketing for these kind of matches are vital because if it's a sh*tty night then loads won't bother walking over to buy a ticket on the night, but if you've already paid, you'll invariably still go (and if they don't the club's got the dosh).

F*ck me. There are people getting paid £100s/per hour for this kind of marketing advice and I'm just giving it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think there was an announcement right at the end (not sure about half time as I didn't stay in my seat). I'm not excusing the club, it's always poor for cup matches and we have this same discussion every year.

In the past, I've bought tickets for mates no problem, but looking at the website it says something about only being able to purchase one. I think all of this is a mess tbh and is just confusing. I might even leave it until next Tuesday night now.

You're right about the Portsmouth tickets going on sale to their supporters. World's gone mad a tell ya!
    Much easier for the away team to deal with their sales. Their area of the ground is fixed and the number of tickets known straight away and sent on to them, so they could start selling immediately. In our case we have to decide the areas of the ground to be open, pricing structures, allocation between different groups of supporters and actually deal with the full organisation of the match. There is still over a week to go before the game as well. It is very easy to criticise the ticket office system here but few, if any, of us know how it actually works or how busy they have been dealing with season tickets and general league match sales. Also, I would imagine that the staff are generally quite young and on the lower end of the wage scale, so continually telling them they are useless is not the way to go. It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a ticket was to go and queue up around the ground and tickets would be printed by a third party who had to deliver them to the club. Now everyone can buy their own tickets online, load them onto their phones and the club can print their own paper ones as well. Dealing with our fan base cant be easy either, if some of the questions raised on here and general complaints/comments are anything to go by !

Much easier for the away team to deal with their sales. Their area of the ground is fixed and the number of tickets known straight away and sent on to them, so they could start selling immediately. In our case we have to decide the areas of the ground to be open, pricing structures, allocation between different groups of supporters and actually deal with the full organisation of the match. There is still over a week to go before the game as well. It is very easy to criticise the ticket office system here but few, if any, of us know how it actually works or how busy they have been dealing with season tickets and general league match sales. Also, I would imagine that the staff are generally quite young and on the lower end of the wage scale, so continually telling them they are useless is not the way to go. It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a ticket was to go and queue up around the ground and tickets would be printed by a third party who had to deliver them to the club. Now everyone can buy their own tickets online, load them onto their phones and the club can print their own paper ones as well. Dealing with our fan base cant be easy either, if some of the questions raised on here and general complaints/comments are anything to go by !
    With respect to the ticket staff, I think you're overestimating the effort required to set up the ticketing for the Portsmouth game. These types of cup games have consistently attracted 5k-8k crowds for years so it's not like a whole new plan is needed for sales, security, merchandise, allocations, etc.
    As you've said, buying tickets is as easy as clicking a virtual seat and using a credit card. The ticket office just need to say keep blocks 105/106 open and blocks 103/104 closed.

I'm not saying that within an hour of the draw we should be able to buy tickets and select our seats but at least have it available for Saturday's game. By delaying this long the club have missed a period when there were 18,000 City fans within spitting distance of the ticket office with hundreds going in to purchase tickets anyways.

I’ve absolutely no problem with girls down the ticket office. They always help out when I need it and I’ve got to know a few of them over the years. I guess I’m more frustrated about the management decisions really and can’t get my head around how slow it is to get selling. I don’t even know what loyalty system we have now. I used to be able to get City cash on cup tickets before Covid and spend it in the shop.

It's a joke.

It's the summer holidays, an ideal time for a lot of parents to take their kids to their first night game or whatever, which loads of kids would enjoy. A cup game against one of the bigger lower league clubs..market and price it right and some clubs will get 10,000 for such a game. F**k it up like City usually do and you'll have 4,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’ve absolutely no problem with girls down the ticket office. They always help out when I need it and I’ve got to know a few of them over the years. I guess I’m more frustrated about the management decisions really and can’t get my head around how slow it is to get selling. I don’t even know what loyalty system we have now. I used to be able to get City cash on cup tickets before Covid and spend it in the shop.
    Tickets are now on general sale via online, phone and ticket office. Discounts for season ticket holders, seniors etc. With regard to loyalty system for season ticket holders, the club are now running a points scheme based on ticket and other purchases. This was clearly publicised at the time season tickets were offered and info is available online.

I bought my ticket. I selected the digital option, which I assumed would be an e-mail with a downloadable PDF. Oh no, not that simple. The PDF was blank, so I don't know what the bollocks to do now. I knew I shouldn't have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I bought my ticket. I selected the digital option, which I assumed would be an e-mail with a downloadable PDF. Oh no, not that simple. The PDF was blank, so I don't know what the bollocks to do now. I knew I shouldn't have bothered.
    You should be able to get a link sent to you by SMS so you can add it to your apple/google wallet.

The ticket I bought was level 4 hospitality in the grand stand. And now tickets have gone live they are not selling in that area. So I have a receipt and a ticket downloaded to my phone for an area that's not open.

Great point by someone earlier about selling after the game on Saturday. There was a massive queue for the club shop with people in line outside a closed ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The PDF was blank, so I don't know what the bollocks to do now.
    I worked it out. I'm a goddamned digital genius. Honest.

What a shambles. Probably gonna turn up and find the doors locked cause the club thought the game was on Wednesday

What a shambles. Probably gonna turn up and find the doors locked cause the club thought the game was on Wednesday
    It's a bit odd. After all, the draw was made in June. Given the financial constraints the club is apparently working under, you'd have thought they'd be busting a gut to sell tickets for any game, but they seem to have forgotten about this one. Maybe the potential benefits are such that they simply don't think it's worth their while. They're clearly expecting a small crowd and aren't doing much to attract fans to it.

I know its a only an extra squid etc but is the additional ticket charge per ticket unavoidable now? Nice little earner for the club if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I know its a only an extra squid etc but is the additional ticket charge per ticket unavoidable now? Nice little earner for the club if so.
    Not certain, but I think if you actually call at the ticket office and pay cash, the £1 is not added.

Can someone confirm

Just looked at the seat map. 16 tickets sold in the 1800 seats available in the family stand. What’s even the point of having those 2 blocks open

Some quick fag packet maths and I reckon we’ve sold about 1000 overall. Better than expected considering I’ve not seen any advertising from the club, no emails and only 1 tweet about it. Hopefully 3pts this weekend will help shift a few more tickets.

Just looked at the seat map. 16 tickets sold in the 1800 seats available in the family stand. What’s even the point of having those 2 blocks open

Some quick fag packet maths and I reckon we’ve sold about 1000 overall. Better than expected considering I’ve not seen any advertising from the club, no emails and only 1 tweet about it. Hopefully 3pts this weekend will help shift a few more tickets.
    Still can't be more than 50 or 60 sold in that area. My level 4 tickets have been cancelled as they sold them to me in an area that isn't open. So I've bought alternative tickets

All open areas have hundreds of tickets available.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Still can't be more than 50 or 60 sold in that area. My level 4 tickets have been cancelled as they sold them to me in an area that isn't open. So I've bought alternative tickets

They have moved the Level 4 ST holders to Level 3, although we have had to go online and select a seat for a £1 booking fee!
    I'm surprised they didn't offer you the same option.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Less than 3k sold by my rough estimates.

Less than 3k sold by my rough estimates.
    Probably 800-1000 coming from Portsmouth I expect.

Hopefully a big walk up, but even then I think we will struggle for 6k

Mad to think we will most likely take more than this to our first 3 aways combined

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not certain, but I think if you actually call at the ticket office and pay cash, the £1 is not added.

Can someone confirm
    Nobody can.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Probably 800-1000 coming from Portsmouth I expect.

Hopefully a big walk up, but even then I think we will struggle for 6k

Mad to think we will most likely take more than this to our first 3 aways combined
    Where did it all go wrong? The League Cup is FUBR. Better off calling it the EFL Cup, exclude the PL clubs, Final at Wembley & a place in Europe for the Winners