+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This £3mil per month loss

This £3mil per month loss

I know Dalman repeated this last night, that the club is losing £3mil per month.
    What's baffling is that I'm sure he's rattled off the same figure a number of times over the last few years.

Surely that figure should be somewhat lower now given how much we've slashed the wage bill and cut costs.

Anybody got any insider info?

Re: This £3mil per month loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I know Dalman repeated this last night, that the club is losing £3mil per month.
    What's baffling is that I'm sure he's rattled off the same figure a number of times over the last few years.

Surely that figure should be somewhat lower now given how much we've slashed the wage bill and cut costs.

Anybody got any insider info?
    I don't think he said that. He referred back to his previous appearance on the site during the height of Covid (when there was no income coming into the club) when he said the club were losing £3m per month.

He agreed with the host (Si) that the reduction in the club's cost base - mainly lower salaries with the player turnover - and the start of revenues coming back in has significantly reduced that monthly loss.

What he didn't do was give an updated figure. The impression was that Cardiff City FC are still losing money every month, but at a much reduced level from the previous £3m figure.