+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The EBC's coverage of the Games

The EBC's coverage of the Games

Don't you just love the EBC. I thought that Wales were part of the Commonwealth but maybe I'm mistaken.

All England, England bloody England. In the headlines of the first day's action, no mention of Wales' two medals, yet they even managed to tell us that England's Sevens Rugby team we're currently 5-0 up. How wonderful. And there is a very special football final coming soon. All the panellists were English too.

Re: The EBC's coverage of the Games

There was a female commentator on there earlier who was driving me potty.
    I'm not kidding when I say she literally never came up for air.
    Clearly loved the sound of her own voice and the fact that she'd been given such an opportunity. It was very frustrating, to the point whereby I was initially enjoying watching it, but then had to switch over just to get away from her rabbiting the f@ck on.

My dyslexia's not funny, I read that as BBC... ☹️

If you’ve got access to IPlayer, the coverage is superb - everybody wants to knock the BBC these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you’ve got access to IPlayer, the coverage is superb - everybody wants to knock the BBC these days.
    Probably because the licence fee is mandatory and without it you are basically unable to watch live T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not talking about the coverage, which is excellent. I'm specifically referring to the studio panellists, who may as well be decked out in the flag of St George. Clare Balding was more like an England cheerleader than a presenter. All she lacked was the pompoms.

First Team

Don’t you mean the SBC?
    Yesterday I saw a Scottish studio host, a Scottish interviewer talking almost solely about Scottish athletes.
    Wouldn’t mind if it was Billy Connolly but sadly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm not talking about the coverage, which is excellent. I'm specifically referring to the studio panellists, who may as well be decked out in the flag of St George. Clare Balding was more like an England cheerleader than a presenter. All she lacked was the pompoms.
    I didn’t watch the main coverage, I was looking at the other sports, most of which didn’t involve England, there was no England bias with the bowls, boxing and cricket I watched, but I’ve posted enough times on here about Anglocentric presentation at major sporting events to know it’s a problem. However, the coverage is so good this time that you don’t have to put up with it all of the time.