+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Awake and a Bit Excited

  1. #1

    Awake and a Bit Excited

    Must have been subconsciously excited a few hours ago, missus woke me up after I kicked her. For some reason I was playing for the City against Sheffield United () during the night, Ramsey (again ) had a go at me for not getting stuck in .......so I did. Laid awake then just in case she was through on goal and I had to do the necessary.

    Wideos now, Iíve had the tom tit, the early shave (donít want to nick yourself before getting the bus later, funny how you if you shave just before going out you always have a bloody mishap), cup of tea.

    I canít remember feeling like this on season opening day since I was playing, I couldnít sleep at all then. Jesus, I hope itís to no avail and the boys perform later. Címon the City.......or have I got to wait for some aggression until we play the Blades?

  2. #2

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Must have been subconsciously excited a few hours ago, missus woke me up after I kicked her. For some reason I was playing for the City against Sheffield United () during the night, Ramsey (again ) had a go at me for not getting stuck in .......so I did. Laid awake then just in case she was through on goal and I had to do the necessary.

    Wideos now, Iíve had the tom tit, the early shave (donít want to nick yourself before getting the bus later, funny how you if you shave just before going out you always have a bloody mishap), cup of tea.

    I canít remember feeling like this on season opening day since I was playing, I couldnít sleep at all then. Jesus, I hope itís to no avail and the boys perform later. Címon the City.......or have I got to wait for some aggression until we play the Blades?
    😂😂
    Morning Steve.

    I canít sleep either !

  3. #3

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    ����
    Morning Steve.

    I can’t sleep either !
    Morning Tim, something does feel slightly different about the club. Just hope it’s not a false dawn.

  4. #4

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Really hope we can capitalize on all this excitement! Golden opportunity

  5. #5

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Same here mate, really looking forward to today.

  6. #6

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    ����
    Morning Steve.

    I can’t sleep either !
    It was heartburn after eating too many cheese and onion crisps which kept me awake most of the night I'm afraid - nice OP though.

  7. #7

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    3.45am I was awake and raiding the fridge.

    Been listening to Tony Blackburn since 6.00am, feel like a teenager again.

    Very strange feeling indeed.

    What’s in store for us, nobody knows !

  8. #8

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    3.45am I was awake and raiding the fridge.

    Been listening to Tony Blackburn since 6.00am, feel like a teenager again.

    Very strange feeling indeed.

    What’s in store for us, nobody knows !
    OJO banging in four overhead kicks

  9. #9

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    OJO banging in four overhead kicks
    I’ll be in the Canton Hotel for the free bar about 30 seconds after the final whistle

  10. #10

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Morning Tim, something does feel slightly different about the club. Just hope itís not a false dawn.
    Thereís a lot different.
    13 new players for a start.

    Massive, massive test today - to the point where looking at the starting line ups itíd be hard to see any of our side starting for them.

    However thatís part of the excitement- we are massive underdogs. So much unknown with lots of new players with a point to prove and a clutch of promising youngsters on the verge of breaking through.

    All I would ask is that fans stay patient and off the managerís back if things donít work out as itís unlikely to click straight away.

    There were some really promising signs pre season, but also some worrying spells.

    Today is an altogether new level of challenge.

  11. #11

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thereís a lot different.
    13 new players for a start.

    Massive, massive test today - to the point where looking at the starting line ups itíd be hard to see any of our side starting for them.

    However thatís part of the excitement- we are massive underdogs. So much unknown with lots of new players with a point to prove and a clutch of promising youngsters on the verge of breaking through.

    All I would ask is that fans stay patient and off the managerís back if things donít work out as itís unlikely to click straight away.

    There were some really promising signs pre season, but also some worrying spells.

    Today is an altogether new level of challenge.
    Spot on

  12. #12

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thereís a lot different.
    13 new players for a start.

    Massive, massive test today - to the point where looking at the starting line ups itíd be hard to see any of our side starting for them.

    However thatís part of the excitement- we are massive underdogs. So much unknown with lots of new players with a point to prove and a clutch of promising youngsters on the verge of breaking through.

    All I would ask is that fans stay patient and off the managerís back if things donít work out as itís unlikely to click straight away.

    There were some really promising signs pre season, but also some worrying spells.

    Today is an altogether new level of challenge.
    Also looks a decent crowd today. Main part of Canton Stand is full, with only a couple of hundred in the corners. And only 4K tickets left in the main bowl in total.

    Good following coming from Norwich as usual - so I reckon 21-22k will be there which from last seasonís malaise is heartening

  13. #13

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Already parked up at the ground, bus to town for breakfast, sorted!

  14. #14

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Praying we play well and hold our own, that would set us in good stead.
    Will be happy if we can get a draw today for sure, naturally hoping for a win at home of course, but a point against this lot would be a great start with such a new squad.

    Let's hope we all have something to celebrate later and can all sleep better tonight

  15. #15

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Already parked up at the ground, bus to town for breakfast, sorted!
    That's a bit keen!

  16. #16

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Already parked up at the ground, bus to town for breakfast, sorted!
    That's the way to do it!

  17. #17

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Yeah i actually think most of us would be fairly happy with say a 3 2 defeat in an open end to end game. I am sure the players would be applauded off for that.

    The good thing about it being norwich is nobody expects anything. The bad thing is we could start with ng at centre half and realise norwich in the league is different to swindon in a pre season friendly and be 3 0 down in 20 mins......

  18. #18

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    You rarely glean anything from the 1st couple of games, let alone the opening one, but today I think it's different.To say Norwich are going to be a test is putting it mildly. Swept away, struggling for pace and space, defence full of holes and disorganised, and our rare attacks petering out against a yellow wall of experience. On the other hand we could cause them problems, put them on the back foot at times, have our fair share of the game and chances and sneak a point - or maybe more. Today we are going to learn a lot !

  19. #19

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah i actually think most of us would be fairly happy with say a 3 2 defeat in an open end to end game. I am sure the players would be applauded off for that.

    The good thing about it being norwich is nobody expects anything. The bad thing is we could start with ng at centre half and realise norwich in the league is different to swindon in a pre season friendly and be 3 0 down in 20 mins......
    I’d rather see Ng as a central defender against the sort of team Norwich are likely to put out than, say, McGuinness and/or Morrison.

  20. #20

    Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d rather see Ng as a central defender against the sort of team Norwich are likely to put out than, say, McGuinness and/or Morrison.
    Iíd have a fit Morrison in before any of them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •