+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

Yes and that includes our 2 promotion seasons. Totally different vibe to this team.

Well done steve Morison!

Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

Even without creating much, that was A LOT OF FUN to watch!

Perhaps now they might auction off those towels?

That would be a great idea or maybe donate them to Sheffield Wednesday.

Really entertaining stuff today and it gives hope that we've got a useful platform to build upon. Huge credit and thanks to Steve Morisson for an enjoyable 97 minutes.

To be fair, I think as long as City weren’t thrashed they were going to get good reviews today, but despite an almost complete lack of goalmouth action, there was a lot to enjoy today. Collins (best player on the pitch for me) and Wintle were superb I thought and Romeo, Kipre and Allsop were impressive out of the new signings. My first instinct was to say that shot for the goal got a deflection, but I’m not sure it did now - a great finish if it didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, I think as long as City weren’t thrashed they were going to get good reviews today, but despite an almost complete lack of goalmouth action, there was a lot to enjoy today. Collins (best player on the pitch for me) and Wintle were superb I thought and Romeo, Kipre and Allsop were impressive out of the new signings. My first instinct was to say that shot for the goal got a deflection, but I’m not sure it did now - a great finish if it didn’t.
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

Went on to say how the better team lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

Ah bless.

That's a bit of a shit thing to say.

What a cock!

I think Dean Smith is a good manager, but he’s talking out of his backside if he really thinks that was a pass by Sawyers.

I think Dean Smith is a good manager, but he’s talking out of his backside if he really thinks that was a pass by Sawyers.
    What i think that he's saying is that sawyers isn't capable of scoring a goal like that. It's really disparaging.

The fella who cannot shoot 1

Dean Smith 0

Hell of a game. We were all anticipating a better style of football - which was never going to be easy against a PL squad of players, but I have to say our defensive stuff was pretty impressive as well.

Very interesting watch!

Some of the pressing and movement was excellent. Both full backs were quality and some excellent wing play. The obviously lack of cutting edge plain to see, but keep on playing like that and I’m sure we’ll find a way. But If we get in 2 strikers we could really be onto something this season

Kind of reminds me of the first marky season when we went 1-0 up against West Ham on first game of the season

That felt like a game in a late promotion charge. Great atmosphere and seeing the players fight for each other was beautiful to see.

Maybe they need a goalkeeper than can save passes.

Cantwell had an excellent shot on goal. Our keeper just did what he's supposed to.

Absolutely brilliant feeling when that final whistle went. 20k crowd as well. 2.5k larger than last seasons opener. Shows there’s a buzz amongst the general public around the City again.

Really great to see a lot of quick one touch movement through midfield against a good side .

For me Kipre was a stand out player ,reminds me of Gabbidon, so assured so few errors ,so comfortable and confident on the ball .

Great day .. Pity more didn't turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Absolutely brilliant feeling when that final whistle went. 20k crowd as well. 2.5k larger than last seasons opener. Shows there’s a buzz amongst the general public around the City again.
    I brought 3 with me today, with the recruitment and pre-season we have had, I think we are in for a good season. I have booked our next home game against Birmingham based on that performance! Let it continue!

21st Century football arrives at the CCS. Very promising indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It does feel as though we've turned a corner maybe, after a few seasons of getting worse, we may be building something more sustainable

Dean Smith, Sale of the Century, Nicholas Parsons, Delia Smith, Coleman's Mustard..............

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    Dean Smith, Sale of the Century, Nicholas Parsons, Delia Smith, Coleman's Mustard..............
    CAN YOU HEAR ME?

Been driving all day...and same tomorrow.....so missed the game. Can't wait to see the game on CCTV tomorrow night.
    Hugely impressed with what I have read....and well done SM for some very astute signings.....first game but I have a very good feeling about this season...

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. Massive credit to Steve Morison and the coaching staff. I know it’s early days, but I’m really exited and optimistic about the season ahead.