+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

  1. #1

    Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Yes and that includes our 2 promotion seasons. Totally different vibe to this team.

    Well done steve Morison!

  2. #2

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Even without creating much, that was A LOT OF FUN to watch!

  3. #3

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Perhaps now they might auction off those towels?

  4. #4

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    That would be a great idea or maybe donate them to Sheffield Wednesday.

    Really entertaining stuff today and it gives hope that we've got a useful platform to build upon. Huge credit and thanks to Steve Morisson for an enjoyable 97 minutes.

  5. #5

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    To be fair, I think as long as City weren’t thrashed they were going to get good reviews today, but despite an almost complete lack of goalmouth action, there was a lot to enjoy today. Collins (best player on the pitch for me) and Wintle were superb I thought and Romeo, Kipre and Allsop were impressive out of the new signings. My first instinct was to say that shot for the goal got a deflection, but I’m not sure it did now - a great finish if it didn’t.

  6. #6

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, I think as long as City weren’t thrashed they were going to get good reviews today, but despite an almost complete lack of goalmouth action, there was a lot to enjoy today. Collins (best player on the pitch for me) and Wintle were superb I thought and Romeo, Kipre and Allsop were impressive out of the new signings. My first instinct was to say that shot for the goal got a deflection, but I’m not sure it did now - a great finish if it didn’t.
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

    Went on to say how the better team lost.

  7. #7

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

    Went on to say how the better team lost.
    Ah bless.

  8. #8

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

    Went on to say how the better team lost.
    That's a bit of a shit thing to say.

  9. #9

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Dean Smith said in his post-match interview, "I've known Romaine a long time and that was a pass not a shot."

    Went on to say how the better team lost.
    What a cock!

  10. #10

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    I think Dean Smith is a good manager, but he’s talking out of his backside if he really thinks that was a pass by Sawyers.

  11. #11

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Dean Smith is a good manager, but he’s talking out of his backside if he really thinks that was a pass by Sawyers.
    What i think that he's saying is that sawyers isn't capable of scoring a goal like that. It's really disparaging.

  12. #12

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    The fella who cannot shoot 1

    Dean Smith 0

  13. #13

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Hell of a game. We were all anticipating a better style of football - which was never going to be easy against a PL squad of players, but I have to say our defensive stuff was pretty impressive as well.

  14. #14

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Very interesting watch!

    Some of the pressing and movement was excellent. Both full backs were quality and some excellent wing play. The obviously lack of cutting edge plain to see, but keep on playing like that and I’m sure we’ll find a way. But If we get in 2 strikers we could really be onto something this season

    Kind of reminds me of the first marky season when we went 1-0 up against West Ham on first game of the season

  15. #15

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    That felt like a game in a late promotion charge. Great atmosphere and seeing the players fight for each other was beautiful to see.

  16. #16

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Dean Smith is a good manager, but he’s talking out of his backside if he really thinks that was a pass by Sawyers.
    Maybe they need a goalkeeper than can save passes.

    Cantwell had an excellent shot on goal. Our keeper just did what he's supposed to.

  17. #17

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Absolutely brilliant feeling when that final whistle went. 20k crowd as well. 2.5k larger than last seasons opener. Shows there’s a buzz amongst the general public around the City again.

  18. #18

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Really great to see a lot of quick one touch movement through midfield against a good side .

    For me Kipre was a stand out player ,reminds me of Gabbidon, so assured so few errors ,so comfortable and confident on the ball .

    Great day .. Pity more didn't turn up.

  19. #19

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Absolutely brilliant feeling when that final whistle went. 20k crowd as well. 2.5k larger than last seasons opener. Shows there’s a buzz amongst the general public around the City again.
    I brought 3 with me today, with the recruitment and pre-season we have had, I think we are in for a good season. I have booked our next home game against Birmingham based on that performance! Let it continue!

  20. #20

    Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

    21st Century football arrives at the CCS. Very promising indeed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •