Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
We've had a Reading fan in this thread saying, and I quote, that Carroll was terrific for them, got stuck in, was hard working, with a great attitude, proved he was fit enough to play and had no injuries whilst with them. Are we sure he wouldn't fit our style of play? It certainly seems like he'd work harder than Watters did on Saturday, and there's no doubting his technical ability is there?
All this Watters ‘bashing’ is ridiculous. He is a young player with limited Championship experience so far, who is a totally different type of player to people like Keiffer Moore or Andy Carroll. He is mobile and can finish and has potential. He also worked extremely hard on Saturday, so I am not sure what game you were watching. Due to our shortage of forwards at the moment he is being asked to play a different role which he is not totally suited to but with another player up front along side him would flourish in my opinion. How you can say Andy Carroll was terrific last season for Reading is beyond me - they nearly got relegated, he only played 8 times and scored twice.