+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andy Carroll?

Re: Andy Carroll?

Rumour started by Blakey or Radio Wales. Rob Phillips confirmed the club contacted him to say there is no truth in said rumour.

He would have scored today

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    ****ing hell, that's less than Newport County players are on.
    He wanted to prove that he was fit enough to play and he certainly was.

BBC Radio Wales pundit Nathan Blake revealed on air that he has been told the Bluebirds were looking to bring in Andy Carroll on a pay as you play deal...

https://nation.cymru/sport/are-cardi...llion-striker/

Spent overpaid force, I don't think he'd keep up with the pace, it would help our strikers if the wingers looked up to pinpoint a blue shirt arriiving in the box before crossing into empty space.. which happened a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He was terrific for us last season. Worth a gamble.
    Also people seem to be under the impression he’s just a lighthouse.

From what a I’ve seen of him he’s a handful on the deck too.

Pay as you play use as an impact player he could give us another dimension

Would 100% take him as long as we got a younger striker in too.

Do pay as you play deals actually exist? I'm not sure they do

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep he got stuck in and was very hard working. Probably our best player alongside Swift during the period he was with us.
    The little I seen I think he would be ideal for us.

Did he pick up many injuries for you?

This is a rumour started on the radio this evening by Nathan Blake, who said someone he knew at the stadium gave him a tip off. The club were contacted and stated it was totally incorrect.

What the **** is the Pay as you play bollocks? Why do people always go on about it, does it actually exist?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The little I seen I think he would be ideal for us.

Did he pick up many injuries for you?
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Also people seem to be under the impression he’s just a lighthouse.

From what a I’ve seen of him he’s a handful on the deck too.

Pay as you play use as an impact player he could give us another dimension
    Yep I was surprised at how good he was particularly in a very poor side, Great attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If our fanbase had our way our entire squad would be on them

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What the **** is the Pay as you play bollocks? Why do people always go on about it, does it actually exist?
    I think it's where a player gets money for playing a game of football, a kind of bonus scheme.

There are many forms of contract in any business.

Why would you think that somebody just made this up?
    Bizarre.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Did'nt Kevin Ratcliffe have a pay as you play deal with Cardiff back in the 92-93 season?

No, we do not want a huge centre forward that would encourage us to lump balls forward. A Chopra style forward would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    No, we do not want a huge centre forward that would encourage us to lump balls forward. A Chopra style forward would be good.
    it's sometimes good to have the option on the bench in case plan a isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    There’s more to his game than just lumping it forward

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF6ku78t3JU

99% of the time it only exists in the imagination of football message board people.
    what footballer would agree to potentially no pay if they had offers elsewhere?

I can remember Andy Carroll himself , at Newcastle had a contract that was publicly described as "pay as you play" , but it was still 20k a week basic pay, but with massive appearance bonuses (35k If a sub and 70k if starting).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There’s more to his game than just lumping it forward

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF6ku78t3JU
    Exactly. He’s got far better technique and ability than any striker we have now, or have had probably since Bothroyd.

However the bigger problem is his injury record and it seems he’s not coming any way.

If Carroll arrives hoofball will probably return. Not for me.

Can't believe some are saying no to Andy Carroll, a former £35m footballer with England goals to his name, who played well for Reading and West Brom last season. Mental. If he comes to us on wages similar to what he was on at Reading, ie considerably less than what Max Watters and Mark Harris are paid, it is an absolute no-brainer, as he is better than those pair will ever be put together.

Yes he's been injury-prone, no he's not getting any younger, but bloody hell, beggars really can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Can't believe some are saying no to Andy Carroll, a former £35m footballer with England goals to his name, who played well for Reading and West Brom last season. Mental. If he comes to us on wages similar to what he was on at Reading, ie considerably less than what Max Watters and Mark Harris are paid, it is an absolute no-brainer, as he is better than those pair will ever be put together.

Yes he's been injury-prone, no he's not getting any younger, but bloody hell, beggars really can't be choosers.
    I'd have no problem with him. He'd only need to play 15mins a game for us. He doesn't need to start. With 5 subs it's a different issue these days too. Just bringing him on would scare the defence which we're not going to do at the moment. It'd be good for the squad and the younger players too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd have no problem with him. He'd only need to play 15mins a game for us. He doesn't need to start. With 5 subs it's a different issue these days too. Just bringing him on would scare the defence which we're not going to do at the moment. It'd be good for the squad and the younger players too.
    Completely agree.