+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings according to WOL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Player ratings according to WOL

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't like singling one player out, but, for me, Ojo was the same frustrating mix he was two seasons ago - some good stuff, but a lot of cheap concessions of possession in a team which appears to value that commodity so much higher than previous ones did.

I'll give Ojo come company by saying that Whyte almost cost us twice in a few seconds late on with the sort of skill levels associated with our teams from recent seasons.
    I know what you're saying ToBW but I liked that Ojo was trying stuff at the top end of the pitch. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. It felt more like creative risks worth taking than now-they-have-the-ball-and-are-gonna-score. That's probably because I like this midfield a lot more. I never felt in danger when Ojo lost the ball.

Whyte on the other hand...

I was happy to see him given a chance in a big spot after a decent-ish preseason. Five minutes later I was wondering why it wasn't Tanner instead.

Surprised to see Whyte on the bench let alone the pitch. He’s still the player of two seasons ago with limited end product and limited passing. He panics and just hoofs

One thing I think I noticed about a couple of our players….

I thought a few of times our players got caught out waiting for the ball to come to them and it getting intercepted - a typical left over from a low quality pre season so hopefully there is more ability to keep the ball as they progress, in which case whyte will stand out more

Watters was as frustrating as ever. No matter what style we play - it doesn’t seem to suit him. Yes he was isolated but he made runs to the wrong side of defenders, runs into dead ends and seemed to hate playing with his back to goal. Roll on a striker or two

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Surprised to see Whyte on the bench let alone the pitch. He’s still the player of two seasons ago with limited end product and limited passing. He panics and just hoofs
    He didn't do this AT ALL in preseason