+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sawyers “passes” City to a memorable opening day victory.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sawyers “passes” City to a memorable opening day victory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Classic bit of shithousery by Ng that brought on the scuffle - a nasty little nibble at Pukki for no apparent reason, and then he goes down clutching his face when he was shoved in the chest. If that had been Cantwell, people would be calling for a five game ban. It added to the atmosphere, that's for sure.

His sending off really annoyed me, though. Three minutes after being booked, he decides to pull an opponent's shirt while he's about two yards away from the linesman and three yards away from the ref. I guess it means Nelson will play alongside the impressive Kipre at Reading, and let's be honest - the prospect of Nelson trying to play passes out from the back doesn't inspire confidence.
    I think there was a reason for the initial nibble at Pukki. Pukki was going after Ralls , Ng stepped into him.

The rest I agree with particularly the face clutching.

Re: Sawyers “passes” City to a memorable opening day victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think there was a reason for the initial nibble at Pukki. Pukki was going after Ralls , Ng stepped into him.
    You're right, I've just watched the replay. Ng was perhaps lucky not to be sent off for that, we've seen players get sent off for less, but the melee that followed probably removed that possibility.

The ref and the linesman weren't as close as I thought when he was sent off for the shirt pulling, either. It was still a stupid thing to do, though.