+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterdays ref

Yesterdays ref

Got a lot of stick from the crowd and it felt deserved at the time. However today i cant really think what he got so wrong?

Both red cards were clear and no big penalty calls or anything. Maybe the penalising of harris for a tug?

Strange as i say the abuse felt totally warranted at the time but now i cant think why!

Re: Yesterdays ref

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Got a lot of stick from the crowd and it felt deserved at the time. However today i cant really think what he got so wrong?

Both red cards were clear and no big penalty calls or anything. Maybe the penalising of harris for a tug?

Strange as i say the abuse felt totally warranted at the time but now i cant think why!
    Three foul throws in a row by Norwich on grandstand side not picked up. A succession of fouls on City players in second half not penalised. Harris clearly pulled back when one on one in second half. Only booking one Norwich player after melee on half way line and not sending off player who pushed Ng to the ground. Putting up with Cantwell and Pukki’s constant moaning and diving throughout the game. I could go on. Very weak performance.

We've had him a few times and always thought he was OK. Did nothing really wrong yesterday in what was a tad feisty game.

Think it was as much for the cumulative effect of the stream of free kicks he gave each time any of their players went down- often without sufficient contact to warrant it.

Then in the ‘brawl’ booking 3 of our players after it seemed that they were the main culprits, especially the 2 centre halfs charging half the length of the pitch to have a go at Ralls & Ng..

Then there was the free kicks they seemed to get when 2 people were tussling for the ball.

Harris very unlucky to get called when it seemed the centre back was the main culprit - and would have had a red if he’d been caught.

Cantwell falling over all the time, then getting away with 2 fouls himself in 10 seconds right in front of the linesman who he’d been having a nice chat to 5 minutes earlier didn’t help !

As it happens we won, but I haven’t missed the stress these guys put us through.

I actually liked him early on in the game. Like where Aarons was looking for the foul by beginning to fall before our player even got to him, clearly looking for it. I hate those kind of "fouls" when they're given. Someone feels the pressure coming and their only way out is to hit the ground. It's given 90% of the time. This ref didn't fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Think it was as much for the cumulative effect of the stream of free kicks he gave each time any of their players went down- often without sufficient contact to warrant it.

Then in the ‘brawl’ booking 3 of our players after it seemed that they were the main culprits, especially the 2 centre halfs charging half the length of the pitch to have a go at Ralls & Ng..

Then there was the free kicks they seemed to get when 2 people were tussling for the ball.

Harris very unlucky to get called when it seemed the centre back was the main culprit - and would have had a red if he’d been caught.

Cantwell falling over all the time, then getting away with 2 fouls himself in 10 seconds right in front of the linesman who he’d been having a nice chat to 5 minutes earlier didn’t help !

As it happens we won, but I haven’t missed the stress these guys put us through.
    I agree with that. I think it actually helped us though. He didn't let the game flow and that meant Norwich stopping and starting and not getting into any rhythm. I think it really worked in our favour that they were bad-tempered too. As I said in another thread, we were no angels and off the ball Harris was giving as good as he got with their CB. It was like watching Judo at times.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Three foul throws in a row by Norwich on grandstand side not picked up. A succession of fouls on City players in second half not penalised. Harris clearly pulled back when one on one in second half. Only booking one Norwich player after melee on half way line and not sending off player who pushed Ng to the ground. Putting up with Cantwell and Pukki’s constant moaning and diving throughout the game. I could go on. Very weak performance.
    Strangely that first booking was the wrong guy so he could probably appeal successfully.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Strangely that first booking was the wrong guy so he could probably appeal successfully.
    Can you appeal yellows?

I have to agree.

Norwich fans seem to be even more angry at him than us. Suppose the sign of him having a good game?!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Always wondered what advantage could be gained by 'limp' foul throws like those yesterday and the opening game at Huddersfield.